Bot's and Multibox

Just now, beleaua said:

haha. the support answered and you're still not satisfied? when did the support said it's not allowed?

'each keystroke or mouse click should equal one action in-game' - so far he/she is withing the rules if he use mirroring hardware or software

'Players should not use add-ons or programs that fully automate gameplay (such as bot programs)' - safe to say he doesn't appear to use any bot

' (such as damage increase hacks, speedhacks or auto-target hacks ' - he is doing it manually.

if he was breaking these rules he would have been banned because many of you reported him/her

'each keystroke or mouse click should equal one action in-game'
1 key stroke - nuke on window 1, nuke on window 2, nuke on window 3. 
1 action? I see 3 actions.
End of discussion with you. Bye.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The biggest issue is multiboxing 4 accounts shouldnt be allowed on a free to play game.  This encourages every player to roll with 3 boxes following them and honestly breaks a bit of the fun of the game.  I dont really care about one additional account but when you have someone boxing efficiently with 4 and makes an entire party comp and pvps you out of a spot because his tank box taunts and heal bot heals the tank bot while his main archer kills you, it gets pretty bs.  Hopefully that balances out with gear later on, but just something that annoyed me at the time.  

4 hours ago, LoanWolf said:

The biggest issue is multiboxing 4 accounts shouldnt be allowed on a free to play game.  This encourages every player to roll with 3 boxes following them and honestly breaks a bit of the fun of the game.  I dont really care about one additional account but when you have someone boxing efficiently with 4 and makes an entire party comp and pvps you out of a spot because his tank box taunts and heal bot heals the tank bot while his main archer kills you, it gets pretty bs.  Hopefully that balances out with gear later on, but just something that annoyed me at the time.  

As said by many before, multiboxing has always been part of Lineage 2.  But back then it was actual multi boxes.  Not everyone had multiple PC's so it wasn't everyone doing it.  And certainly no one would run 9 physical PC's.  Maybe 3 at the most.  I donno what the reasoning is behind allowing up to 3 clients per computer but that is why we see everyone walks around with 2-3 toons in tow.

1 hour ago, Bilbo said:

everyone walks around with 2-3 toons in tow.

Yet as I walk around areas from newbie up to 28ish I see a few people with 1 character following them. I see a couple of people a day who have 2 or more (usually two). You're way over exaggerating.

One person playing more than one character at the same time will NEVER be as efficient as one person playing one character. Even on the live server where you can loop macros a boxer will still react much slower and far less efficiently than a player. If your party of players cannot beat a person boxing than you're really bad at the game and need to l2play. Now if he's using bots that's a different thing as a BOT can respond quickly to the situation. Those people need to be banhammered. Also instead of gearing one character and maximizing all aspects the boxer has to make strategic choices since he has 4 or more characters to equip. The control scheme is also a weakness that you can exploit as a party with live players.

Boy there's a bunch of people who never played old lineage 2 in here. Boxing has been part of the game since day one of closed beta. I started boxing in very early 2005 when I came back after a break. Back then you had to buy the game and then pay a monthly subscription for each account. I did this for 5 accounts for years. Get over it.

I play with four keyboards and four mice which are connected to three desktops and one laptop. If need be I can bring two more laptops and one more desktop into the fold (I have the spare parts lying around).  This game has never really required top of the line hardware to run. As long as you're getting 5 fps it's good enough to use as a box.

Things like Isboxer/anykey/etc are against the spirit of the rules and most likely a bannable action. Xignwhatever should easily detect those programs. Few years back Eve online explicitly banned those software but people still box there (the ones using repeaters were banned).. I was still 12 boxing incursions and stuff right up until I quit for other reasons.. People will find a way.

4 minutes ago, Tool_of_Society said:

Yet as I walk around areas from newbie up to 28ish I see a few people with 1 character following them. I see a couple of people a day who have 2 or more (usually two). You're way over exaggerating.

Typical... it's not happening because it doesn't happen on my server at the time I play at my farming spot...

7 minutes ago, Bilbo said:

Typical... it's not happening because it doesn't happen on my server at the time I play at my farming spot...

Well just yesterday alone I was in the human/DE/LE/dwarf newbie areas (the area where level 10s and such run). I did a deep dive of mithril mines to check something. I went to ruins of agony and despair. I went to partisan hideaway and abandoned camp. That was just the places I went yesterday when I was playing. I've been checking out some ideas in case you're wondering wtf I'm doing wandering all over the place.

I run 6 characters when I'm leveling so I pay a lot of attention to anyone who is boxing. The majority of players are running around as one.

Keep in mind you said

everyone walks around with 2-3 toons in tow.

Not some not most but EVERYONE and that's a blatant lie by any measure.

The majority of those that are boxing are using 3 or fewer characters TOTAL. So one main with one or two boxed following. The vast majority of boxers are using only one box.

1 hour ago, Tool_of_Society said:

Keep in mind you said

Not some not most but EVERYONE and that's a blatant lie by any measure.

The majority of those that are boxing are using 3 or fewer characters TOTAL. So one main with one or two boxed following. The vast majority of boxers are using only one box.

I guess your problem is taking everything literally then.  When someone says I play this game "all the time", they don't literally mean ALL THE TIME do they.

Edit:  Ooooh... I just said "everything" above again didn't I.  Just making sure you don't interpret that literally and tell me examples of things you don't take literally.

On 10/18/2018 at 4:55 AM, kupuldog said:

'each keystroke or mouse click should equal one action in-game'
1 key stroke - nuke on window 1, nuke on window 2, nuke on window 3. 
1 action? I see 3 actions.
End of discussion with you. Bye.

you failed at your own math

it's either one keystroke counted as one on each window, therefore one action on each window

or it's either 3 keystrokes because it's 3 different windows and each one count as one,  therefore you can say 3 different actions.

you don't get to pick up numbers as you want, like one keystroke and 3 actions. each individual window will receive one keystroke, as seen on the server side, and result in one action. therefore nothing wrong on the server side.

1 hour ago, Tool_of_Society said:

One person playing more than one character at the same time will NEVER be as efficient as one person playing one character.

Boy there's a bunch of people who never played old lineage 2 in here. Boxing has been part of the game since day one of closed beta. I started boxing in very early 2005 when I came back after a break. Back then you had to buy the game and then pay a monthly subscription for each account. I did this for 5 accounts for years. Get over it.

basically that. one character is more efficient, as it was for so many years in the past. so many boxed buffers in the past when it was p2p, mostly prophets or shilien elders. yet most of those boxes stopped leveling around 6x-7x level range. because boxing wasn't gonna cut it at end game, it was meant for the times when there was nothing to do or people weren't online and you were going solo for a bit.

7 hours ago, beleaua said:

it's either one keystroke counted as one on each window, therefore one action on each window

or it's either 3 keystrokes because it's 3 different windows and each one count as one,  therefore you can say 3 different actions.

you don't get to pick up numbers as you want, like one keystroke and 3 actions. each individual window will receive one keystroke, as seen on the server side, and result in one action. therefore nothing wrong on the server side.

basically that. one character is more efficient, as it was for so many years in the past. so many boxed buffers in the past when it was p2p, mostly prophets or shilien elders. yet most of those boxes stopped leveling around 6x-7x level range. because boxing wasn't gonna cut it at end game, it was meant for the times when there was nothing to do or people weren't online and you were going solo for a bit.

My first box in P2P was a SE because my SPS was hitting a wall with the mana thing (while being silly OP in PVP). My second pay to play box was an overlord (zerk and stuff basically). My third pay to play was a SWS if you can believe that. My SE was in the high 70s back in the day prior to a long break from the game. Basically I'm not "most people" with my boxes. I am leveling them all the way. Sometimes I do it alone other times random people will join the group. Sometimes I might just join a group on one character if I'm not feeling up to the full thing. 

7 hours ago, Bilbo said:

I guess your problem is taking everything literally then.  When someone says I play this game "all the time", they don't literally mean ALL THE TIME do they.

Edit:  Ooooh... I just said "everything" above again didn't I.  Just making sure you don't interpret that literally and tell me examples of things you don't take literally.

Yes my problem is I took you at your word. Next time don't grossly exaggerate the situation if you want to be taken seriously.

On 2018-10-20 at 12:55 AM, beleaua said:

I informed support that you're telling people mirroring is allowed, they asked me to gather information about your lies ASAP. Now you're being investigated and I hope your big lying mouth will be shut down. 

Anyone who believed in this person and started using things he said is allowed, I offer you to stop, he just got in trouble for everything he said and twisted around.

Archived