Forums

SOLUTION FOR THE WAITING ROW - RESTART 2 X TO DAY, SHOPS IN TRADE OFF MODE AND FISHING IN OFF MODE

lReD

RESTART 2 X TO DAY, SHOPS IN TRADE OFF MODE AND FISHING IN OFF MODE.

THAT WOULD HELP, THE PEOPLE WHO WANT TO ENTER THE GAME, CREATE YOUR CHAR AND PLACE VIP, BECAUSE, THAT IS NOT POSSIBLE TODAY !!!

(Sorry for english, I'm using google translate)

Just now, MeMiaN said:

+1 .70% of the ppl are afks.

YEA !!! THE PEOPLE DO NOT TURN OFF THE GAME, BECAUSE THEY WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ENTER THE GAME AFTER (Sorry for english, I'm using google translate)

5 minutes ago, lReD said:

RESTART 2 X TO DAY, SHOPS IN TRADE OFF MODE AND FISHING IN OFF MODE.

THAT WOULD HELP, THE PEOPLE WHO WANT TO ENTER THE GAME, CREATE YOUR CHAR AND PLACE VIP, BECAUSE, THAT IS NOT POSSIBLE TODAY !!!

That is what any private server does. For a good reason. But also they reduce the boxes - pay for more than 1. And manage the monetization better. Some casuals can do it. A big international company - cannot. And this repeats with every release of Lineage 2. Every time the NCsoft are surprised by the amount of players. Every time they cannot handle the bots - most private servers do it with much, much smaller resources. Every time there is lag and queue. Did you remember when NCSoft released GoD - the same story.

5 minutes ago, Koijhy said:

pick 1

-new  server and free tranfer

-disable dualbox

-end the raid boss event

-auctioneer

-make fishin manually 
----------------------------------------

6k server= 2000 afk( fishing/raid event/sellers) 2k box, 2k of real players

You cannot disable the dualbox. How you will prevent me to use my second PC, or the tablets? Also auctioneer? Maybe instanced dungeons and PvP battlegrounds too - why not?

18 minutes ago, Koijhy said:

pick 1

-new  server and free tranfer

-disable dualbox

-end the raid boss event

-auctioneer

-make fishin manually 
----------------------------------------

6k server= 2000 afk( fishing/raid event/sellers) 2k box, 2k of real players

An auctioneer would ruin part of the game.

• Having shops persistent offline for up to 48 hours, would be OK.
  • New server and VIP transfer would be smart.
  • Fishing should be manual anyways.

53 minutes ago, Ikcen said:

That is what any private server does. For a good reason. But also they reduce the boxes - pay for more than 1. And manage the monetization better. Some casuals can do it. A big international company - cannot. And this repeats with every release of Lineage 2. Every time the NCsoft are surprised by the amount of players. Every time they cannot handle the bots - most private servers do it with much, much smaller resources. Every time there is lag and queue. Did you remember when NCSoft released GoD - the same story.

Yes, I remember, but in classic it's much worse.

Initially, restart 2x a day, fishing and shop off line, help in this emergency today

7 minutes ago, Sakumi said:

An auctioneer would ruin part of the game.

Indeed, the auctioneer is just an instanced market, as instanced as the arenas, battlegrounds, or WoW raids. Offline shops with 24 hours limit, and also offline fishing with 12 hours limit. You do not need AFK players in the game, when they could be replaced with NPCs with the same result.

7 minutes ago, lReD said:

Yes, I remember, but in classic it's much worse.

Initially, restart 2x a day, fishing and shop off line, help in this emergency today

Indeed. This Classic release is the worst.

No, No and No...

Each solution presented introduces other new issues..

Restarts would only make non VIP's play the queue game again, interrupt parties, log off shops(several reasons why that's not a good idea)...

Offline shops probably do take up a server spot like people have been saying, and still clutters up towns with people selling Stems at 100000000000a a pop, I personally hate that crap when I'm trying to shop for something...

Restarts are just too drastic and inconvenient AF solution...

Disable fishing almost sounds like a reasonable fix, but most people would set up shops or just afk anyway till the server restart.

9 hours ago, Karnz said:

No, No and No...

Each solution presented introduces other new issues..

Restarts would only make non VIP's play the queue game again, interrupt parties, log off shops(several reasons why that's not a good idea)...

Offline shops probably do take up a server spot like people have been saying, and still clutters up towns with people selling Stems at 100000000000a a pop, I personally hate that crap when I'm trying to shop for something...

Restarts are just too drastic and inconvenient AF solution...

Disable fishing almost sounds like a reasonable fix, but most people would set up shops or just afk anyway till the server restart.

trade off that I know does not occupy place on the server

restarting with the right time, would end fishing and the chars away, bots or trade off,

releasing slot, for other people play the game.

with right time to restart, 

players are programmed for this, for RB, PT farm etc etc 

41 minutes ago, lReD said:

trade off that I know does not occupy place on the server

The only player-like non-player thing that exists HERE is Observer Remains (and even then that player representation is bugged, e.g. your evaluation count is not shown properly and so on). There is no way to access the inventory of someone who is offline.

Regarding fishing, it means direct access to XP/SP of an offline player in addition to inventory.

You are requesting completely new, never seen before features. These, if quickly drafted and requested, will arrive no sooner than the major update AFTER the next major update (Fafurion LIVE/Imperial Tomb CLASSIC). Of course, if Korea sees a point in those… With their undying love for private stores they made an Auction House that charges notable fees for registration and successful transaction AND only has a few slots for items you can sell.

So I guess you can understand that there will be similar fees for disconnecting a private store (if this feature is selected instead of Auction House for CLASSIC).

Things which CAN be done:

1. Make fishing manual (arguably an option)
  2. Remove event monsters (ffs this had to be done like couple of days ago)
  3. Daily restarts
  4. Open 4th server with free char migration. (not sure if this is already implemented in their system or they do one by one transfer when someone requests. If the latter one, then it's not an option)
  5. Kick people who are afk for more than 1 hour (excluding shops ONLY in towns, so you can't abuse AFK system by setting shop in some farm location)

Things which CAN'T be done (STOP discussing unreal things):

1. Increase server capacity
  2. Limit boxing to 2 or 1 account. (People already payed for boxes to have VIP, plus this is a pure income for NC, that's why they will never do it)
  3. Offline shops. (This is custom L2 feature made by private servers and is not a part of official L2 core system. Which means in order to implement it, could take quite a while, if even possible)

10 hours ago, Devoid said:

Regarding fishing, it means direct access to XP/SP of an offline player in addition to inventory

True

10 hours ago, Devoid said:

You are requesting completely new, never seen before features.

already exists in many servers

3 minutes ago, lReD said:

True

already exists in many servers

I am monitoring most, if not all Lineage II servers:

• North America
  • Korea
  • Europe
  • Russia/CIS
  • Japan
  • Taiwan (but not mainland China, though I doubt they would have that)

Such a feature does not exist on any of them. Which proves my point, that you have absolutely no clue about Lineage II.

Archived