"suggestion" New server. sub based.

Tunarocket

Many of us love the old classic lineage 2. but it had its flaws and you bring new flaws to our experience so i will point some of these things out, dont worry you will make ekstra money ncsoft :)

Here is the idea.
New server paid subscription 5-10 dollars a month. no p2w shop. only cosmetic. quite simple :)

So make a poll maybe? Sub based server and you can keep the truly free servers where people can pay to skip que and gain multiple experience bonus and other stuff. and give us a 1x server with a cosmetic shop only. with the ekstra money you make hire a few game masters to take care of our third program users.

the biggest problem we had in old lineage, Botters, L2 is a hardcore grinding game so it feels frustrating when you play 16 hours a day and lose to a bot cos its never offline. lets get a bot free server hire some more staff and more will be happy. etc make a new bot detection program, it really isnt that hard ill be happy to help if it is.

The majority dosnt care about to "truly free" we want to play cos we miss the old lineage 2 days, but boxes everywhere. huge que, auto fishing this crazy boss event, is ruining the experience. here is a solution. plus the insane xp bonus you get from paid is off the charge.( Yes +50%, +30%,+ + + exp buffs from vip. different runes and scrolls is p2w, so is the ss early on, )

Oh and add a rule for English in world chats.. ofc everyone is allowed to play and 90% servers are brazil/lationo only, it gets abit annoying.

The way it is, is more profitable for NCsoft or else there would already be a sub based game service. Money talks bull-_- walks.

Don't get me wrong tho, I would gladly pay 15€ a month for a sub based L2 classic without the L2store. I'm not throwing a dime at the game in it's current state.

make gatekeeper free until level 20 is good. i remember it being a pain in the ass to use gatekeepers lol. i ran to dion from gludio in old days to save 3400 adena and took teleport to giran harbor from dion and scroll of escape to save adena haha

yea is good idea too

There are far, far, far more people who are unable to afford a sub than there those who can. Having more people wanting to play your game will eventually yield more money. This Classic would not be sustainable on subscription alone, it would die out in a year at most. All of you know that.

There is no P2W shop at all. The soulshots are a convenience you can still level without SS. Also you can craft/buy SS they are cheap like 8 or 9 adena each in game. As for the XP stuff that's just to level faster but at some point everyone is going to hit the level cap of 70 so the concept that it is P2W is false. 

2 minutes ago, beleaua said:

such server already exists but for many it seems not to be a popular idea, to be with subscription

I know it does, I played it... it didn't feel the right "classic" cant really explain what i mean but their formula wasn't doing it for me. This one feels a lot more genuine. (not counting the problems)

15 minutes ago, Zevon said:

There is no P2W shop at all. The soulshots are a convenience you can still level without SS. Also you can craft/buy SS they are cheap like 8 or 9 adena each in game. As for the XP stuff that's just to level faster but at some point everyone is going to hit the level cap of 70 so the concept that it is P2W is false. 

Many will disagree, but everyone has different definitions of P2W. Having SS in the Shop is pretty borderline, imo. If you can pay $$ for a resource which becomes more and more helpful (if not outright necessary) your giving them a pretty big advantage (since they do not have to pay adena for SS, but for other stuff like gear). Yes, everyone will "eventually" hit 70, but the items in the Shop if bought will allow those people to reach 70 at a far, far, far faster pace than those who do not. You cannot deny this.

People / Clans who use the Shop will have a decided advantage over players / clans that do not in getting gear faster, in holding down prime hunting spots, in Sieges, etc. This again you cannot deny. Whether you want to call the advantage P2W or not doesn't really matter... since it is in the game. 

I can get aboard a sub based server. However, it needs to be on its own hardware so it can support a large player cap. Things I'd like to see with such a server:

1. Sub based. This makes it far less cost effective for RMT farmers to get in and farm.
  2. Active GM moderation against botting. DO NOT USE AUTO REPORT / DETECTION TO APPLY AUTOMATIC PUNISHMENTS!! INSTEAD FLAG FOR HUMAN REVIEW AND THEN REVIEW PROPERLY!! This avoid false flagging and helps combat report abuse from people who get butt hurt in the game from getting buff accounts banned.
  3. 3 active clients per user is perfectly fine. See point 4.
  4. Server on its own hardware which a VERY VERY large population cap. 50k minimum. I'd be surprised if the interest in such a server was less than that.
  5. Removal of fishing. Never served any purpose back in the day and still serves no purpose now. Fishing is something that fits in better with Theme Park MMOs, like WoW, and far less with Sand Box MMOs, like Lineage II.
  6. Removal of the event monsters. Seriously, whoever thought this one up should be fired.
  7. Rates need to be 1x.
  8. Remaining setup as it is on Classic is by and large fine. I don't mind the free ports as it helps to alleviate the adena crunch with a new server slightly. Some QOL improvements could be made. Suggestions for such should be presented to the community and polled upon to see what the player base might be willing to tolerate.

I am sure there are more ideas to be had, but that is what I have off the top of me head.

1 hour ago, Medeoan said:

I can get aboard a sub based server. However, it needs to be on its own hardware so it can support a large player cap. Things I'd like to see with such a server:

1. Sub based. This makes it far less cost effective for RMT farmers to get in and farm.
  2. Active GM moderation against botting. DO NOT USE AUTO REPORT / DETECTION TO APPLY AUTOMATIC PUNISHMENTS!! INSTEAD FLAG FOR HUMAN REVIEW AND THEN REVIEW PROPERLY!! This avoid false flagging and helps combat report abuse from people who get butt hurt in the game from getting buff accounts banned.
  3. 3 active clients per user is perfectly fine. See point 4.
  4. Server on its own hardware which a VERY VERY large population cap. 50k minimum. I'd be surprised if the interest in such a server was less than that.
  5. Removal of fishing. Never served any purpose back in the day and still serves no purpose now. Fishing is something that fits in better with Theme Park MMOs, like WoW, and far less with Sand Box MMOs, like Lineage II.
  6. Removal of the event monsters. Seriously, whoever thought this one up should be fired.
  7. Rates need to be 1x.
  8. Remaining setup as it is on Classic is by and large fine. I don't mind the free ports as it helps to alleviate the adena crunch with a new server slightly. Some QOL improvements could be made. Suggestions for such should be presented to the community and polled upon to see what the player base might be willing to tolerate.

I am sure there are more ideas to be had, but that is what I have off the top of me head.

i aggree atm its 2x or 2.5x rate for vip + rune. i want old style.

and other response No we dont want to play skelth for obvious reasons...

3 hours ago, Zevon said:

This is completely false. Two equal characters fight each other ,one with SS one without. The one with SS will always win. Now one person doesn't spend any adena on shots and just buys them from the cash shop while the other has to use a ton of adena to use them. That means the first is saving a lot more money for gear and other supplies that the latter will not have. Shots are literally the only aspect of the shop that are P2W. Exp and buff scrolls are just convenience. Shots are a direct advantage. 

There will not be a single F2P player dominating the server. Obviously the most strong clans are VIP at least regardless they buy more items to empower their grinding.

Since there is a long way till heroes, castles and all that competitive things NcSoft knows how to give candy to a kid....so dont cry now about L2STORE even if its not OP. You should have known already before joining the game that this was build in order to make profit ,not for us to have funn.

Just play as you want, with store or not...but play, at least have funn.

Archived