Did they ever announce what would happen with red/PK deaths?

Buffalol

The PK system is horribly broken at the moment. It completely discourages open world pvp which is one of the main things for L2. A person that PKs someone for any reason, whether it be revenge, fighting over a spot or to just be an bleep they will end up getting more screwed by it then the person who loses at most 4% exp. Meanwhile the PK has to hide for a long time to work off the karma(which is gained at a might higher rate and worked off far slower than originally) and after 4 their item is just destroyed. 

RTFM:

PK System

The act of killing another player by forcible attack (attack while holding down the Ctrl key) is called PK (Player Killing), and a character who has made a PK is given a penalty through the PK system.

• A character is Chaotic when that character’s Karma level becomes negative.
  • A Chaotic character’s name will appear in red.
  • Killing monsters while Chaotic will slowly reduce your negative Karma.
  • Chaotic characters can still earn XP and SP during hunting.
  • When a Chaotic character with a PK count of 4 or higher dies, an item or multiple items will have a chance to drop onto the ground.
  • Chaotic characters are restricted from talking with NPCs in normal towns and villages.
  • A Blessing of Protection buff can be taken at any Gatekeeper to protect you from an attack by a Chaotic character who is more than 10 levels higher.
  • The PK counter can only be reduced through the ‘Brothers Bound in Chains’ Quest (Sin Eater)

11 hours ago, Miles said:

RTFM:

PK System

The act of killing another player by forcible attack (attack while holding down the Ctrl key) is called PK (Player Killing), and a character who has made a PK is given a penalty through the PK system.

• A character is Chaotic when that character’s Karma level becomes negative.
  • A Chaotic character’s name will appear in red.
  • Killing monsters while Chaotic will slowly reduce your negative Karma.
  • Chaotic characters can still earn XP and SP during hunting.
  • When a Chaotic character with a PK count of 4 or higher dies, an item or multiple items will have a chance to drop onto the ground.
  • Chaotic characters are restricted from talking with NPCs in normal towns and villages.
  • A Blessing of Protection buff can be taken at any Gatekeeper to protect you from an attack by a Chaotic character who is more than 10 levels higher.
  • The PK counter can only be reduced through the ‘Brothers Bound in Chains’ Quest (Sin Eater)

Thanks!

11 hours ago, Sinkest said:

The PK system is horribly broken at the moment. It completely discourages open world pvp which is one of the main things for L2. A person that PKs someone for any reason, whether it be revenge, fighting over a spot or to just be an bleep they will end up getting more screwed by it then the person who loses at most 4% exp. Meanwhile the PK has to hide for a long time to work off the karma(which is gained at a might higher rate and worked off far slower than originally) and after 4 their item is just destroyed. 

That's how the PK system always (it was actually much worse prelude to C1) was. Minus items getting destroyed they just dropped. 

PKers do drop. That was changed last minute before the start, you can check out Juji's comment in the Dev tracker on the forum.

With that said, the current karma system is retarded. You get 700+ karma for the first pk, and you reduce it by 2-3 per mob. That's ridiculous. Yes, PKing should be risky, but not having to kill 300+ mobs to clear a single PK risky. If you keep your PKs low with Sin Eater, then you most definitely should be able to kill a party that doesn't fight back and get your karma down in a minute or two of constant farming. Right now, fighting for spots is simply not viable. If the other party doesn't hit back, then you can't do anything to get the spot. Or rather, you can. You can PK a whole party and start your new characters. We had to delevel 50%+ from a character, AFTER xp loss was changed to 4%, because we fought for a spot. This is insane. I was fine with the rates, I was fine with having to pay for VIP to get in, but this is something that really bleeping bothers me. It takes away everything L2 was worth playing for.

10 minutes ago, nbx said:

PKers do drop. That was changed last minute before the start, you can check out Juji's comment in the Dev tracker on the forum.

With that said, the current karma system is retarded. You get 700+ karma for the first pk, and you reduce it by 2-3 per mob. That's ridiculous. Yes, PKing should be risky, but not having to kill 300+ mobs to clear a single PK risky. If you keep your PKs low with Sin Eater, then you most definitely should be able to kill a party that doesn't fight back and get your karma down in a minute or two of constant farming. Right now, fighting for spots is simply not viable. If the other party doesn't hit back, then you can't do anything to get the spot. Or rather, you can. You can PK a whole party and start your new characters. We had to delevel 50%+ from a character, AFTER xp loss was changed to 4%, because we fought for a spot. This is insane. I was fine with the rates, I was fine with having to pay for VIP to get in, but this is something that really bleeping bothers me. It takes away everything L2 was worth playing for.

couldn't agree more,

you fight for a spot and is forced to farm for 2 hours to remove the karma...

if u get 700 karma it should drop 5% MINIMUM per mob... killing 20 mobs to remove a karma of a player that had 0 PK is already between too risky/risky enough... killing hundreds of mobs is just "wtf?" how are u supposed to fight for a spot if u gonna be hunted and lose more xp by dying than you could earn by having the spot for your own?

10 minutes ago, nbx said:

People get creative when they want people out of a spot. I shouldn't really say it on the forums but here are some ways to deal with players other than straight up pking em. Train mobs on them, heal/buff the mobs, stun them resulting in mobs killing em. All valid tactics used by (and against) me. 

30 minutes ago, Drakkon said:

That's how the PK system always (it was actually much worse prelude to C1) was. Minus items getting destroyed they just dropped. 

You get far more karma now from even just your first PK and you could work it off a lot faster back then. 

1 minute ago, Drakkon said:

I am aware. It's nearly triple than what your first PK was back in the day. 

That's just what I was getting at (Though I did not know that they changed it back to drop form destruction last minute). You're punished so much more now to pk even a single person which has people just so hesitant to do it. I would PK every so often if someone pissed me off or something knowing I could run, hide and work it off but now the amount of time it takes to do that just doesn't seem worth it. With the increase of penalty and all the people playing(this part isn't bad at all lol) you're almost guaranteed to get killed and lose 4% at least 4% yourself so you're doing nothing but hurting yourself. 

38 minutes ago, CatDealers said:

couldn't agree more,

you fight for a spot and is forced to farm for 2 hours to remove the karma...

if u get 700 karma it should drop 5% MINIMUM per mob... killing 20 mobs to remove a karma of a player that had 0 PK is already between too risky/risky enough... killing hundreds of mobs is just "wtf?" how are u supposed to fight for a spot if u gonna be hunted and lose more xp by dying than you could earn by having the spot for your own?

except its not fighting if you have to remove Karma, its a pk. I kinda agree but I also think it will be more fun/challenging as the server ages and there are more options to farm it off.  If I remember, higher lvl mobs remove a bit more, also different tele options later like EE/clan summon to a safer area to farm it off. etc.  

On 15.10.2018 г. at 5:24 PM, Drakkon said:

People get creative when they want people out of a spot. I shouldn't really say it on the forums but here are some ways to deal with players other than straight up pking em. Train mobs on them, heal/buff the mobs, stun them resulting in mobs killing em. All valid tactics used by (and against) me. 

is it bannable when stun the ppl and mobs kill them ?\

On 10/15/2018 at 4:36 PM, Drakkon said:

I am aware. It's nearly triple than what your first PK was back in the day. 

Triple? More like 50 times more. You have to kill 350 mobs to lose karma after the 1st PK, it's absurd. Back in the day it took several mobs. 

Archived