Lvl 2 - 20 Newbie Guide.

Popplar

I have finished the "Noise in Woods" quest (Elf) but I don't like the weapon Red Sunset Sword (Novice) because its 2 hands. I have checked the L2 wiki and it seems that the others swords (1H) have the same p.atk, is it true? If yes, which one should I take or more exactly, which is the faster?

Thanks!

You don't have much of a choice on the quest. Since you went elf, your choices are a mage or melee weapon. Pick accordingly and then try and progress afterwards. My advice would be to try and farm spiders (DE area quest) or look for where your weapon of choice drops and hunt there. When you can, upgrade to top NG or DG weapon.

Don't spend any money on armor, since you get the quest stuff and at level 25 you can do the d-grade moon armor quest. From memory is similar to the guild mentee armor.

The trick to getting the other types of Novice weapons is simply to create another character from one of the other races and classes. Each one has a similar quest that rewards players with mage or fighter type weapon, albeit usually different depending on the races. True enough, the Orc does get a single handed sword, but so does the Dark Elf fighter. The Elf mage gets a choice of the two hand staff (Sunset), but the Dark Elf mage gets to pick an Eldritch mage dagger, which works just fine at this level for Rogue/Dagger classes. If you want a single hand blunt, well, the Dwarf fighter gets a novice hammer. I haven't explored humans yet, or all of the race classes for that matter, but I imagine they all get something similar.

I'm curious to know if there is a Novice type for all weapons -- fists, bows, etc. Maybe if I get bored I'll research.

7 hours ago, SinPalabras said:

The trick to getting the other types of Novice weapons is simply to create another character from one of the other races and classes. Each one has a similar quest that rewards players with mage or fighter type weapon, albeit usually different depending on the races. True enough, the Orc does get a single handed sword, but so does the Dark Elf fighter. The Elf mage gets a choice of the two hand staff (Sunset), but the Dark Elf mage gets to pick an Eldritch mage dagger, which works just fine at this level for Rogue/Dagger classes. If you want a single hand blunt, well, the Dwarf fighter gets a novice hammer. I haven't explored humans yet, or all of the race classes for that matter, but I imagine they all get something similar.

I'm curious to know if there is a Novice type for all weapons -- fists, bows, etc. Maybe if I get bored I'll research.

Nope. You can't pick a bow either fists. They have introduced the basic and the most versatile weapons to the quests I guess..

Originally the Racial weapons were quite different than what we have

(I think ALL Novice Weapons should now have 17Patk 15Matk, some kind of balance attempt for Classic...

but some values got changed unintentionally before final version shipped.)

Sword of Solidarity is the only Novice Weapon with lower Matk, and Red Sunset Staff is only one with lower Patk/higher Matk

Humans choice of Wand of adept(17Patk 15Matk)(11/13 originally) or Sword of Solidarity(17Patk 12MAtk)(12/9 originally)

Elves choice of Red Sunset Sword(17Patk 15Matk)(16/10 originally) or Red Sunset Staff(15Patk 18Matk)(13/14 originally)

Dark Elves choice of Blood Saber(17Patk 15Matk)(14/11 originally) or Eldritch Dagger(17Patk 15Matk)(11/10 originally)

Orcs no choice... Butcher's Sword(17Patk 15Matk)(13/10 originally)

Dwarves no choice... Silversmith Hammer(17Patk 15Matk)(13/10 originally)

Archived