Solution to queue is 1 account per pc.

Volotron

16 minutes ago, Sinkest said:

What the hell? This ENTIRE thread was made on the basis of complaining about multi boxing. Also, time is absolutely an argument for the scenarios I just listed. You just have no argument against them other than that you don't like it so it shouldn't be that way. 

The game was made to be played, if you do not have time to play the problem is yours.
Lack of time is no argument.

On 15/10/2018 at 8:27 AM, sdfsdfsdfsdf said:

This honestly isn't a viable solution, for anyone who has a brain that is.

If they limit it to 1 client per PC then I, and most likely everyone will just run virtual machines... And continue boxing.

The real solution is more slots per server.

Launch another server.

Make server transfers free for 1 week.

With the multiboxes we dont know how many ppl are behind the pc.

And when sieges and others comes then you realize that 3k ppl is 1k,

Then you say where are all the ppl gone?

So company must make 1 acount per iq.

We must know the excact number of players on each server.

And also this destroys support clases existance.

If no prophet for example could be boxed,then those who create prophet for their main char would feel like kings ingame,cause maybe they dont do all the dmg but everybody would want them in party and also they could make adena profit by selling their buffs.

So yes 1 acount per iq is the only solution.

On 10/15/2018 at 12:24 AM, Sakumi said:

Honestly, a single client per PC would be fine solution.

If you really want to multi-box get 2 PCs :) 

I have three desktops and two  (possibly three) laptops capable of playing L2 and lots of usb keyboards sitting around. I have four on my desk right now.:P

Two of the desktops are using Q6600 CPUs I bought off ebay shipped for $10 and $12.. One uses a $15 graphics card but the onboard works fine enough for L2... The motherboards are just old 775 sockets with leftover stuff like ram (leftover from prior upgrades). They get good FPS on low settings but really frame rates aren't important beyond a very low bar. The third is my primary system.

So company must make 1 acount per iq.

I'm going to assume you meant 1 account per IP. There are many problems associated with such an action. There are many reasons why there could be large numbers of people using what appears to be the same IP. The most common reason would be the usage of a NAT gateway.  I had an ISP provider that used it. You also see whole apartmenet complexes/buildings, schools, businesses, dorms and more using NATs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Network_address_translation

I pity the family/roommates/couples that wants to play lineage 2 together.

18 minutes ago, Tool_of_Society said:

I have three desktops and two  (possibly three) laptops capable of playing L2 and lots of usb keyboards sitting around. I have four on my desk right now.:P

Two of the desktops are using Q6600 CPUs I bought off ebay shipped for $10 and $12.. One uses a $15 graphics card but the onboard works fine enough for L2... The motherboards are just old 775 sockets with leftover stuff like ram (leftover from prior upgrades). They get good FPS on low settings but really frame rates aren't important beyond a very low bar. The third is my primary system.

I'm going to assume you meant 1 account per IP. There are many problems associated with such an action. There are many reasons why there could be large numbers of people using what appears to be the same IP. The most common reason would be the usage of a NAT gateway.  I had an ISP provider that used it. You also see whole apartmenet complexes/buildings, schools, businesses, dorms and more using NATs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Network_address_translation

Yes sorry . per ip i wanted to say.

20 hours ago, Duditon said:

Nobody is complaining about having multibox, I just think anyone who wants to have to pay for it, and not be free, as it was from the beginning.

The question of time is no argument, if you do not have time do not play, if you want to play, play like everyone else or pay to play alone.

Weird I think everyone should pay to play then we wouldn’t have free loaders crying that VIP (people who actually support the server). They won’t take boxes away from people paying them. If they do they’ll lose a lot of them, which means no server for you

This is stupid, this solution is not L2 Classic by any means.  1 account per PC means I quit and i'm asking for refunds as will most of the dedicated players.  That is not Classic, it's not L2.  What people are talking about removing support classes all together etc. and trying to change the way L2 has always played is ridiculous.  I support 1 free account and every additional account requiring VIP status, but 1 account only is just the worst idea ever.

21 hours ago, Duditon said:

The solution you are saying is just for your own benefit, because you do not want to interact with other players, increase server capacity is not solution, any idiot would know this, if the queue has 2k + and the server offers more 1k, only with 300 players (3 box) will occupy 900, and the queue will continue with 1.3k +

The solution is 1 pc per acc, nobody wants to play with Main Warcryer (or any other type of buffer), beacuase everyone has it, and he will never be called into a group.

Your thought is unique and exclusive to your own benefit and not to server improvement and player fun.

Dual boxing isn't just for 1's own benefit either.  Most people play with clans as well, I have a group of friends - they don't all multi-box but I do.  A lot of people prefer not to share their XP with lifeless boxes that just follow them around all the time to level faster.  Instead maybe 1 or 2 of the friends will level buffers to support the clan parties etc.  I also buff randos like you all the time who ask for it if they give my buffer recs.  So who are you really hurting by multi-boxing?  Not every1 that multi-boxes is just a solo player or doesn't want to interact with other players.

10 hours ago, JDawg said:

Dual boxing isn't just for 1's own benefit either.  Most people play with clans as well, I have a group of friends - they don't all multi-box but I do.  A lot of people prefer not to share their XP with lifeless boxes that just follow them around all the time to level faster.  Instead maybe 1 or 2 of the friends will level buffers to support the clan parties etc.  I also buff randos like you all the time who ask for it if they give my buffer recs.  So who are you really hurting by multi-boxing?  Not every1 that multi-boxes is just a solo player or doesn't want to interact with other players.

I multibox because I play at odd and somewhat unpredictable hours due to work. If I'm on and there is a party needing something I have then I'll bring it. If I'm on and no one I know is running anything I'll head off and grind with my boxes. Since I can't do CPs I have to basically be one on my own.

On 10/16/2018 at 3:37 AM, Tool_of_Society said:

Exactly. I met my wife on Lineage 2, and now we play together from home. It'd be darn annoying to have to work up some VPN solution to get around that.

3 hours ago, Sakumi said:

Exactly. I met my wife on Lineage 2, and now we play together from home. It'd be darn annoying to have to work up some VPN solution to get around that.

You one of many people who play with their SO in the same house,.

27 minutes ago, psychoxc said:

Idk what were these dev team on when they thought 3 acc per pc would be a good deal, wtf... 1 Account per PC is the solution!!!

That bleeps up any class, because no one will value a buffer etc if they all have their owns buffers..

You are 14 years late to the show man. Boxing has been part of this game since day one. The 3 account per PC thing is so easy to bypass pretty much every bot you see running is bypassing it. 1 account per PC would be a bad joke while changing nothing. The servers would still be full and people would still be boxing buffers because the game's PC requirements are so low that +10 year old computers run it fine. See my post above about my collection of of laptops and desktops. The only machine I actually ever run three accounts on is the main machine. The other machines run only one client each because it's easier to smack the f2 button on four keyboards than it is to smack f2 then tab to the other client and smack f2 again.

1 hour ago, Tool_of_Society said:

You one of many people who play with their SO in the same house,.

You are 14 years late to the show man. Boxing has been part of this game since day one. The 3 account per PC thing is so easy to bypass pretty much every bot you see running is bypassing it. 1 account per PC would be a bad joke while changing nothing. The servers would still be full and people would still be boxing buffers because the game's PC requirements are so low that +10 year old computers run it fine. See my post above about my collection of of laptops and desktops. The only machine I actually ever run three accounts on is the main machine. The other machines run only one client each because it's easier to smack the f2 button on four keyboards than it is to smack f2 then tab to the other client and smack f2 again.

Forums infested with this stuff about no boxing because queue

Obviously people calling for this are new in the game or never were competitive ...

In sieges supports are the heart of the siege.  I be damn if I have to box support or any other account.  Yeah here and there you have a few box buffers somewhere for the stragglers but my god I love a live prophet in pvp.  Any class live in pvp it's awesome :P

People will keep crying about boxing because of queue but this issue will resolve itself as people quit.  Like a gym in January ...

Archived