Forums

Change of drop rate when partying

wooooowang

It's the average between all. Note that party affects spoil rates as well, even though it is the spoiler that is spoiling.

Example two man party:

Player A is Bounty Hunter, with +100% adena, +0% drop rate, +0% spoil rate
Player B is Prophet, with +100% adena, +100% drop rate, +100% spoil rate

They are killing a monster C, which drops exactly 1000 adena at 100% chance, drops an armor piece at 10% and spoils a material at 40%.

Now, when both players are in range on mob C dying, mob will drop 2000 adena, which will be split evenly between both players (1k each); Armor piece drop chance will be adjusted to (10 + 20) / 2 = 15%; Material spoil chance will be adjusted to (40 + 80) / 2 = 60%. This is how the runes work in LIVE and that's how they also work in CLASSIC.

Idk where people get the numbers, but traditionally in l2, item drop rates, are calculated based on the player that did the most damage to the particular mob, whether in party or not. Adena and EXP distribution is separate.

Anecdotally, I've been spoiling here since the start with my cleric box in party, before the rates update, I was getting ~25% compared to what's in the european l2wiki. After the update, it's pretty much in line with the rates from the wiki, haven't really paid attention. Prove me wrong sombody.

11 minutes ago, Ceylon said:

Idk where people get the numbers, but traditionally in l2, item drop rates, are calculated based on the player that did the most damage to the particular mob, whether in party or not. Adena and EXP distribution is separate.

Anecdotally, I've been spoiling here since the start with my cleric box in party, before the rates update, I was getting ~25% compared to what's in the european l2wiki. After the update, it's pretty much in line with the rates from the wiki, haven't really paid attention. Prove me wrong sombody.

This was discussed a long time ago, with the initial version of prestige pack, mainly because LIVE version is just a set of instances and so the drop rate for full parties was very important.

You are correct about one thing. If multiple parties are contesting the same monster, the winner (whose rate bonuses will be used and who gets drop protection) is indeed the party that did the most damage (even if it is a single, out-of-party character).

Archived