PVP Othell Help Thread, explain pls!

Argus

Hello guys, looking for more detailed information from experienced high lvl, well equipped players!

Please be kind and give an explanation, weapon, armor, epics, jewels, dye, skill echants, etc etc .. 

Maybe some of you can make a general video guide and upload to youtube, tbh I could not find any recent viable information about Othells.

Cheers! 

Mate, tbh I'm LF overall info, I'm a very old player( played from 1st chronics ), just got back to the game after a pause of almost 6 years. My main is 101 saggitarius ( when GOD was introduced I switched my Adventurer main to my 77 Saggitarius Baium Sub, because othell was pathetic vs feos back then ), my Dual class is Adventurer now alsmot lvl 100, I have +6 r99 set, kelbim bow and dagger, all my epics jewels are 7-8-9 years old, baium,aq,frint,valaks,antharas!  dyes both on archer and dagger are +10 dex +5 str! 

At this state of the game, NCwest introduced so many Pay2Win items I'm getting confused (by their greed)! 

So I'm looking forward to hear info from descent players and different opinions about the othell class now, also there is almost NONE recent information about othell class on the web! No decent guide about the class at all! 

OK; I am going to try and give you a general overview with a bit of Dagger info.

So here are the P2W items which have been introduced as well as how important they are (roughly).

Shirts (Shining, Physical, Magical, Elemental, etc.) - A high OE'ed shirt is a nice addition as it gives some decent bonuses but they aren't absolutely necessary.  You can get by with an Octavis or Istina shirt until the next promo drops.

Brooch & Jewels - Unfortunately having a decent brooch and corresponding jewels has become boderline necessary to play.  You can get them on the market but they are pricey.  I'm not going to go into each Gems effects as you can easily google that.

Cloak - Not necessary either but a nice addition.  If you pick the correct one with appropriate augments you can really boost your damage.  They are also available on the market but are overpriced.

Agathion (current Promo) - You should get one of the Agathions for no other reason than they are cheap and they offer some small but nice bonuses..  Their utility is questionable unless you plan to upgrade/evolve it.

There are other NC Store items but these are probably the big ones.

As far as Daggers go; the fundamentals have stayed the same;

Maximize Critical Damage (either Skill Crit Dmg or normal Crit Dmg).

Choose either DEX build or STR build (DEX = Skill Crit Rate, STR = Skill Mastery).

Maximize Skill Reuse

On 19/1/2018 at 5:48 AM, Argus said:

Hello guys, looking for more detailed information from experienced high lvl, well equipped players!

Please be kind and give an explanation, weapon, armor, epics, jewels, dye, skill echants, etc etc .. 

Maybe some of you can make a general video guide and upload to youtube, tbh I could not find any recent viable information about Othells.

Cheers! 

PVP Gear +8 and pvp weap +12 or better

thouse epics are crap, need to change them. Now are bless epics, and new jewels that are very OP

So basicaly you have bad gear, will need to invest a lot to have a pvp dagger... xD

5 hours ago, Rodah said:

OK; I am going to try and give you a general overview with a bit of Dagger info.

So here are the P2W items which have been introduced as well as how important they are (roughly).

Shirts (Shining, Physical, Magical, Elemental, etc.) - A high OE'ed shirt is a nice addition as it gives some decent bonuses but they aren't absolutely necessary.  You can get by with an Octavis or Istina shirt until the next promo drops.

Brooch & Jewels - Unfortunately having a decent brooch and corresponding jewels has become boderline necessary to play.  You can get them on the market but they are pricey.  I'm not going to go into each Gems effects as you can easily google that.

Cloak - Not necessary either but a nice addition.  If you pick the correct one with appropriate augments you can really boost your damage.  They are also available on the market but are overpriced.

Agathion (current Promo) - You should get one of the Agathions for no other reason than they are cheap and they offer some small but nice bonuses..  Their utility is questionable unless you plan to upgrade/evolve it.

There are other NC Store items but these are probably the big ones.

As far as Daggers go; the fundamentals have stayed the same;

Maximize Critical Damage (either Skill Crit Dmg or normal Crit Dmg).

Choose either DEX build or STR build (DEX = Skill Crit Rate, STR = Skill Mastery).

Maximize Skill Reuse

you forget abundance lvl 1 or better a must have for pvp.

On 1/24/2018 at 2:39 PM, Irlumir said:

you forget abundance lvl 1 or better a must have for pvp.

I didn't.  You can get abundance in game now.  Chance to receive abundance talisman box from Hero's Treasure Chest Underground.  Although technically recs are still only L2 store so I guess it is a "half" L2 store item :).

9 hours ago, Rodah said:

I didn't.  You can get abundance in game now.  Chance to receive abundance talisman box from Hero's Treasure Chest Underground.  Although technically recs are still only L2 store so I guess it is a "half" L2 store item :).

Checking it, you can buy with in game means =O. Now Normal and Hero chest underground can be trade with materials + adena. 

So, in thery, you can get it just by in game meas..... xD

Archived