help to pick a class

DEM0

hey. i can’t decide what class to pick as my main. i want melee class that i could play moatly solo. now i am lvling warlord but i’m short of money so i created dwarf to get some money first. but as i can see warlords are nor suited for solo play.. was thinking about a dager class but i think they are kind of useless and it is hard to lvl it on low lvls because of - accurasy on daggers. so i just wanna play some simple melee class that could stay in fight for some time and not sit every 2 mobs.. any advice? p.s. i am not going to box because i mostly play few hours per day. and i dont like mages summoners or other ranged classes.

Considering 'fight for some time' in this context applies to PvE and that you don't want to party up, an offensive tank would suit you quite well.

• Dark Avenger
  • Shilien Knight (just take note, in PvP it was always the worst due to very low CON - not enough to deal with the amounts of archers in sieges)

Alternatively, there are other versatile melee classes:

• Gladiator
  • Destroyer
  • Tyrant (survivability increases as you get access to more totems)

You could also opt for Warsmith (+golem), though this class will always have less PvE potential than others.

You could solo with a mage, but you would have to sit a lot to reg mana.

You could solo with an archer if you only fought meele mobs that are easy to kill and can't get close to you, but progression would be really slow that way.

You could solo with a meele with a bunch of hp pots if you only killed easy mobs way below your level, but in that case, progression would be also really slow and you would likely have to sit a lot to reg hp even with the potions, at least on 40+.

These are your only, painfully slow options to solo without a box.

If you want to solo with a meele and don't quit in a few weeks after getting anywhere, you have to box a support with lifesteal buff for sustainability and some basic buffs like haste and might(so basically a wc or an se+atk speed potions, or even better if you can fish enough, a pp+vampiric rage scrolls).

Lineage 2 is honestly impossible if you want to solo with a single character. Supports are useless without damage dealers and damage dealers are useless without supports, and neither can reach end game content without the others. You will have to either box a buffer (or rather, a buffer + a bd if you want to reach end game by soloing) or find an active clan/people to play with, but if you don't want to do either of those, then L2 is simply not a game you can get anywhere in. It's heavily focused on group activity.

11 hours ago, DEM0 said:

hey. i can’t decide what class to pick as my main. i want melee class that i could play moatly solo. now i am lvling warlord but i’m short of money so i created dwarf to get some money first. but as i can see warlords are nor suited for solo play.. was thinking about a dager class but i think they are kind of useless and it is hard to lvl it on low lvls because of - accurasy on daggers. so i just wanna play some simple melee class that could stay in fight for some time and not sit every 2 mobs.. any advice? p.s. i am not going to box because i mostly play few hours per day. and i dont like mages summoners or other ranged classes.

If you wana play solo I would recomend you a summoner class such as Warlock or Elemental summoner ( I haven't tried Phantom summoner). Those are solo PvE kings.

Also Destroyer and Tyrant are awesome. Great dmg and skills.

But you'll need a box if you want it efficient with any class.

20 minutes ago, DEM0 said:

well i will get some boxer.. so tyrant and destro is good for pvp and pve yes?

Well, destro is slow. That's the main drawback in PvP, you can pretty much forget catching kiting characters (e.g. archers, nukers). But everything in your melee range, that's another story :)

Archived