Warcryer vs Overlord?

Mikeha

Which of these classes are the best buffer? Seems like Warcryer has everything a melee would ever need and an Overlord has a mix of both melee and mage buffs. I think Overlord gets buffs like Empower but does Overlord get buffs like Vampiric Rage, Haste and Wind Walk?

I am playing a Tryant and know Warcryer would be best but I think Overlord is just a much more interesting class with the debuffs so it would be a more fun class to play when I am not playing the Tryant. 

WC is way better for fighters, OL is way better for mages, but even if you are a mage, it doesn't make much sense to play a box OL.

It doesn't have empower until the very late levels, and OL can only buff clan members anyway, so both of your characters have to be in the same clan. If you are a solo player, it's fine because you can just make a lvl 0 clan for yourself, but if you would want to join a clan in the future, your OL would become useless to you, because most clans won't have a spot for your box buffer.

So unless you want to play it as your main, go with the WC instead.

I know Overlord is a clan buffer. I am in a clan and will mostly be xping with my clan so that wont be a problem. Overlord being a clan buffer is another thing I like because that would really help out our clan. 

Does OL get buffs like Vampiric Rage, Haste and Wind Walk?  That is what I want to know.

23 minutes ago, Mikeha said:

I know Overlord is a clan buffer. I am in a clan and will mostly be xping with my clan so that wont be a problem. Overlord being a clan buffer is another thing I like because that would really help out our clan. 

Does OL get buffs like Vampiric Rage, Haste and Wind Walk?  That is what I want to know.

Only wind walk out of those and you only get lvl 1 WW on lvl 58, lvl 2 on lvl 64. OL doesn't give much to fighters anyway. The only buff OL has for fighers that WC doesn't is zerk, while WC has atk speed, crit rate, crit damage and lifesteal buffs. WC also has war chant and earth chant on top of that. Again, unless you play OL as a main to actively use your crowd control and CP recharge skills, it does not make sense to play it. I'm not even sure if it has empower in Classic, I ran through it's skills and didn't see it, so it might be bad even for mages.

8 minutes ago, nbx said:

Only wind walk out of those and you only get lvl 1 WW on lvl 58, lvl 2 on lvl 64. OL doesn't give much to fighters anyway. The only buff OL has for fighers that WC doesn't is zerk, while WC has atk speed, crit rate, crit damage and lifesteal buffs. WC also has war chant and earth chant on top of that. Again, unless you play OL as a main to actively use your crowd control and CP recharge skills, it does not make sense to play it. I'm not even sure if it has empower in Classic, I ran through it's skills and didn't see it, so it might be bad even for mages.

Thanks for the info,

I just looked through the buffs on L2 Classic Wiki.  I will go with the Warcryer. :D

You have to play OL as it is meant to be played. For much of the game they are jacks of all trade but pretty bad overall. But when it comes to PVP clan vs clan they are worth their weight in gold. 

A good clan will party with you and help a shaman level up to OL But as they are leveling they will use someone else as the party's main buffer, dd, etc.

If the clan has no aspirations for PVP, having an OL is almost pointless.

so an overlord could be accepted as an aoe wizard party? I would like to play alone with my box (SE) but I would also like to play in a party from time to time. I am also undecided>, <. I like the overlord because it has aoe skills, mage buff (acumen, berserke), to that you add the SE's abilities and I think you could go alone and in future patches it could be good for the party, right?

As a buffer WC is awesome at higher levels coz of 1) buffing whole party at the same time, 2) CoV 3) Gate chant. However OL at higher levels are pvp char for plethora of debuffs, CP heals for entire clan (only class that can do it), crowd control and it should be played as main. 

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Matic said:

No one will take an OL because the buffs only affect clan members and will not buff parties... its a terrible flaw for the OL which makes it unplayable unless you have a CLAN CP... thats the only time its worth it.

Yes, if OL doesn't manage to find an active clan, then xp is super difficult.

BUT, after a certain point in game, when clan wars and sieges are a must if you want to do something meaningful in this game, OL is the most important class along with Bishop. WC is just another buff pet. Useful, but expendable.

On ‎11‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 4:25 AM, Tzeo said:

Yes, if OL doesn't manage to find an active clan, then xp is super difficult.

BUT, after a certain point in game, when clan wars and sieges are a must if you want to do something meaningful in this game, OL is the most important class along with Bishop. WC is just another buff pet. Useful, but expendable.

Just like all buffers its always better to have a Live one.  

7 minutes ago, Tzeo said:

True, mostly for elders who must heal and root. WC...well...you press a buff macro and then leave him aside.

If you're mostly a pve player, then sure. In PVP, having a box WC in your party is a huge handicap.

Archived