PKing System (Opinion)

@Juju @Hime

In the older days of the regular l2 the pking system was not nearly as punitive as it is now. Your first pk = 600 karma. Each mob removes roughly 3 karma. There is no way to cleanse karma while exping on an over crowded server such as the ones we play on. Back in the day cleansing karma was significantly easier to do. If I pk someone even in an abandoned spot they have at least 15 minutes to come back and fight me again. That's at 1 pk point. If I defend myself while red and win, guess what? I now have 2 pk points and much more karma, etc etc. The pking system as it stands penalizes pking way too harshly. It promotes passive aggressive play where I or others can just KS people without fear of reprisal. If someone pks me they messed up, because I'm coming back and attacking them without flagging purple. If their party kills me, they messed up, because they're going to be red for hours if I want to come back once or twice more. Promote a healthy  competitive spirit by increasing the amount of karma cleansed on a mob. In my opinion it should be no less than 20 karma a mob. I would appreciate a healthy discussion and opinions backed by actual reasons, thanks for your time. 

8 minutes ago, LordMaelstrom said:

@Juju @Hime

In the older days of the regular l2 the pking system was not nearly as punitive as it is now. Your first pk = 600 karma. Each mob removes roughly 3 karma. There is no way to cleanse karma while exping on an over crowded server such as the ones we play on. Back in the day cleansing karma was significantly easier to do. If I pk someone even in an abandoned spot they have at least 15 minutes to come back and fight me again. That's at 1 pk point. If I defend myself while red and win, guess what? I now have 2 pk points and much more karma, etc etc. The pking system as it stands penalizes pking way too harshly. It promotes passive aggressive play where I or others can just KS people without fear of reprisal. If someone pks me they messed up, because I'm coming back and attacking them without flagging purple. If their party kills me, they messed up, because they're going to be red for hours if I want to come back once or twice more. Promote a healthy  competitive spirit by increasing the amount of karma cleansed on a mob. In my opinion it should be no less than 20 karma a mob. I would appreciate a healthy discussion and opinions backed by actual reasons, thanks for your time. 

I could not agree more, PK is part of the open world pvp L2 is, i miss pking ppl who ks my mobs and dekarma before they return. This new system promote the hello kitty style of game play with pasive ppl and thats not cool at all.

+1, there is no reason for washing your karma off to be so difficult. I understand that it makes the game noob friendly, and it discourages grieifing....but we are playing Lineage 2 for a reason 15 years later. It isn't for the xp or raiding aspects of the game, but the combat system. The way PKing is set up right now affects that system negatively and should be addressed

I would like to point out to @Juji @Hime that the sin eater quest is complete trash.. You pay 330k adena for 30 b grade gemstones and then spend hours getting the pieces just to finish the sin eater quest then it wipes 1 pk and then you have to rebuy the b gemstones after again to remake another sin eater......wtf is that???????   the sineater should be re usable and not to mention it wipes away 1 pk and only 1 pk....i thought there was a random chance to wipe away 10 and the sin eater was reusable....This needs to be fixed because the current sin eater system is nothing close to classic anything and it is killing pvp on this server because u pop like crazy at 4 pks...I had 4 pks and dropped 5 items 3 pieces of jewelry and a pair of pants....what are you guys trying to do kill pvp on this server and make it a pve fest????? i mean you wont even get rid of the cheating russians here and we cant even pk them without paying a price...come on guys step it up

I agree I've only seen 1 red player and I've been playing since launch, that is not normal. PK is a part of the game, especially part of classic. I think it should be exactly how it used to be where you don't drop unless you have 6+ pk count and the sin eater quest should be like it used to be where it removed a random number of pk's 1-10 and the sin eater should be reusable. There's no reason that pking should be discouraged, it is a huge part of the L2 that we all know and love.

Archived