Aggression skill "aggroing" entire groups

Ouken

Hello.

I would like to know if its supposed to work to aggro (and keep the aggro) on entire groups of mobs instead of the singular on which its being cast, because so far its working as the Hate Aura skill (mass aggro). I tried searching on the forums, but nobody has mentioned it but instead keep using it to make trains of mobs at every single zone.

For example: If there are 5 mobs and I use Aggression on 1 but my whole party is nuking the whole group, the tank could only guarantee keeping aggro on the one on which the skill was used.

Could anybody correct me if Im wrong, please?

Regards.

On 10/15/2018 at 3:07 PM, Ouken said:

Hello.

I would like to know if its supposed to work to aggro (and keep the aggro) on entire groups of mobs instead of the singular on which its being cast, because so far its working as the Hate Aura skill (mass aggro). I tried searching on the forums, but nobody has mentioned it but instead keep using it to make trains of mobs at every single zone.

For example: If there are 5 mobs and I use Aggression on 1 but my whole party is nuking the whole group, the tank could only guarantee keeping aggro on the one on which the skill was used.

Could anybody correct me if Im wrong, please?

Regards.

This is true, if the mobs are in a group you only need to aggro one however, after hitting any of the one without aggro it should change the target not stay with the tank. In conclusion, it is broken.

As Almanzar says, the skill is supposed to taunt an individual target. Its ok that if you use aggression on a mob surrounded by a group, they still attack you. BUT if theres a whole party of mages doing heavy AOE on a train of mobs, there's NO logical way to keep the taunt on over 20 mobs with Aggression while them are being nuked down. Why? Because its not supposed to work like that.

Hate Aura is the skill supposed to keep the taunt of surrounding monsters. Currently a lot of people's way of farming consists on making trains of A LOT of mobs + spamming aggression, which is actually exploiting a skill that is not working properly but nobody says anything about it.

14 hours ago, evolutionix4g63 said:

If a team of mobs are group then you have to aggro only one.

That would happen ONLY if its actually the kind of group of mobs that always spawn together. For example, Talaki Commander + 2 Talaki Raiders. This type of group always spawn together and if you aggro or attack the commander, the Raiders will attack you no matter if they are being attacked. Otherwise, if the monsters are not individually taunted, they are supposed to attack the one doing the most damage to it.

13 hours ago, Ouken said:

Otherwise, if the monsters are not individually taunted, they are supposed to attack the one doing the most damage to it.

It's not that simple. "Agro" seems to build up based on a lot of things and the agression skill is the most effective of those things, but healing or buffing the target of the mob or attacking another mob that the target mob is social with also builds up "agro". The reason why the single target agression skill can keep the mobs on the tank so well is that they keep spamming it while they gather the mobs and by the time the mages start nuking, the mobs "agro" towards the tank has been built up more than the damage of the mages. That's the reason why you see tanks run a few circles around the party and spamming agro before the mages start attacking, even when they stopped gathering mobs. If you are part of a party, where the tank only uses agro to get far away targets to attack them and don't use it a few more times on the whole train, you'll often see mobs turning on the mages.

Now I'm not sure if it's good that the agro value of single target agression on social mobs is this high or not, but this has been always key in doing successful aoe parties, at least back in C4 and later, not sure about earlier than that. Successful tanks at raids also did agro a few times before others started hitting and when they didn't, the bosses turned on the others a lot more often.

The difference with hate aura is that it provides the same amount of "agro" on a group of mobs as agression does for a single mob, but if you keep using agression without others doing anything to the mobs, you will build up "agro" anyway.

At least that's what about a decade of experience playing this game on many different servers says.

I get what you're saying, but you are talking about time plus spamming aggression before the party starts doing damage/healing/buffing. But when you see a train of over 40 mobs, you cant tell me that the tank has been spamming the skill on every single mob. I dont know its intended to work like that without an AOE taunt, but for sure its the first time I've seen it with a first class single target taunt in such a high scale. Since the first time I saw it I started to wonder if it should or not be like that, because in my personal opinion, its not logical.

13 hours ago, Ouken said:

I get what you're saying, but you are talking about time plus spamming aggression before the party starts doing damage/healing/buffing. But when you see a train of over 40 mobs, you cant tell me that the tank has been spamming the skill on every single mob. I dont know its intended to work like that without an AOE taunt, but for sure its the first time I've seen it with a first class single target taunt in such a high scale. Since the first time I saw it I started to wonder if it should or not be like that, because in my personal opinion, its not logical.

Yeah, but you don't have to spam it on every single mob. You build up "agro" on mobs that are social with the target too, but not as much as you build on the target. If you spam it enough on the group, you will keep building it up in smaller steps, on every mob on the social group, like in orc barracks for example. On other spots, where there are several kinds of mobs that are not social with eachother, it doesn't work nearly as well. If using agression wouldn't affect the other social mobs around the target, it would basically become lure, which, as I'm sure you also know, is a dagger skill.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/17/2018 at 10:30 PM, Ouken said:

As Almanzar says, the skill is supposed to taunt an individual target. Its ok that if you use aggression on a mob surrounded by a group, they still attack you. BUT if theres a whole party of mages doing heavy AOE on a train of mobs, there's NO logical way to keep the taunt on over 20 mobs with Aggression while them are being nuked down. Why? Because its not supposed to work like that.

Hate Aura is the skill supposed to keep the taunt of surrounding monsters. Currently a lot of people's way of farming consists on making trains of A LOT of mobs + spamming aggression, which is actually exploiting a skill that is not working properly but nobody says anything about it.

Hate Aura is the skill supposed to keep the taunt of surrounding group of monsters. It is working like Big criticals  if you have 100 monsters on you but you are low tank and you have archer in or out of your pt it will aggro em. Aggro is working exactly the same way. So monsters are no so smart and they think that tank is making the biggest dmg so they have to kill it first or if you spam heal they have to kill your healer. Like pvp kill heal-dmg-other sups- and last tank. if tank is good it will keep you stuck on it. Clear maths

Archived