Silence is Concerning

Monkeh

I can't be the only one that's amazed by the lack of communication coming from NC. I understand fixes take time, but right now staff hasn't even let us know something is being done about these massive queues. Not only that, but how on earth do they push a patch to the live servers Friday night before leaving for the weekend?! At least leave someone working for damage control! This is unacceptable!

The old "broken" queue was significantly better than the current one. Hell, revert back to the old broken system if anything. At least you could enter the server with persistence. (Note: I say this for the free players. I'm VIP and STILL find the current state of the login servers unacceptable!)

Right now, the lack of communication is appalling. All we can do currently is sit back and watch the dumpster fire that is L2 Classic.

What is this ive been disconneted to download a patch. No GM talked about a patch today and it seem not everyone had it.  What is that patch and why  its not everyone that has been booted out? Where are you developpers. The more it goes the less you get us in the loop.

At least leave someone working for damage control! This is unacceptable!

I mean, it must be acceptable or people wouldn't be in queue. We both know what NC would say. "We are aware of the issues and are working on fixing them as soon as possible." Did you just need affirmation for your feelings?

I wonder why they will not open more servers, after all they can open another 3-4. In the future, they could be merge them, the problem may be that the 30usd pack can be bought once per account and maybe they are working on it now

Agreed.  Aren't Hime and Juji just Community Managers? Or are they Devs?  If they're just CM's, isn't their job to provide two-way communication between the community and the devs?  Even if it's just a simple "We're looking into it" would be great after 72 hours of zero communication when the forums are burning down.

1 hour ago, Fireasy said:

Agreed.  Aren't Hime and Juji just Community Managers? Or are they Devs?  If they're just CM's, isn't their job to provide two-way communication between the community and the devs?  Even if it's just a simple "We're looking into it" would be great after 72 hours of zero communication when the forums are burning down.

They don't deserve their position.

4 minutes ago, Fireasy said:

This may shock you, but people usually is not at work during the weekends.

Also, if they are CM, it means they cannot tell us anything unless Devs tell them to do it.

1 minute ago, Diegostein said:

Also, if they are CM, it means they cannot tell us anything unless Devs tell them to do it.

Right...when my company launches new products, it's all hands on deck 7 days a week until everything's worked out.  I would expect the same from them, especially when there are so many issues.

1 minute ago, Fireasy said:

Right...when my company launches new products, it's all hands on deck 7 days a week until everything's worked out.  I would expect the same from them, especially when there are so many issues.

It's your company NCsoft? No? Well, you get it.

I was concerned when there was no news during most of Friday, but then the weekend came and... nothing. No customer support during so many hours was not something you'd expect from a giant like NCSoft. But Monday too? It's crazy to think how silent they have been when the servers are crashing down and people are starting to pack their bags for other pastures.

They are losing this amazing momentum which only happens when servers launch.

2 minutes ago, Fireasy said:

Thats how it work. They should have personals 24/7 on those issues. 2 or 3 team replacing each others. Do they have a boss out there, is this guys not reviewing this awfull situation. Head should be rolling in this office right now. 

1 hour ago, Diegostein said:

Devs? Devs are nothing.There's a Lead Developer which reports to a higher position in a company, and so on. Community Manager is more like a politician, he handles the political side in front of the players; he only informs us what he was told by one of his "bosses" and he reports back our feedback.

It's a whole chain of command.

1 hour ago, Trrance said:

Devs? Devs are nothing.There's a Lead Developer which reports to a higher position in a company, and so on. Community Manager is more like a politician, he handles the political side in front of the players; he only informs us what he was told by one of his "bosses" and he reports back our feedback.

It's the management, not the Community Manager, GMS or Devs.

Just now, Trrance said:

Devs? There's a Lead Developer which responds to higher position in a company; that Lead Developer responds to a higher position, and so on. Community Manager is more like a politician, he handles the political side in front of the players; he only informs us what he was told by a one of his "bosses".

Somebody said " A chain is as strong as his weakest link" So bad NCSOFT have a broken link

4 minutes ago, Trrance said:

Devs? Devs are nothing.There's a Lead Developer which responds to higher position in a company, and so on. Community Manager is more like a politician, he handles the political side in front of the players; he only informs us what he was told by a one of his "bosses".

Im saying that because it happened in the Aion forums, when we got a gear exchamnge table, Cyan (forums CM) was able to poat updates when korean team made the changes.

Also, I wouldn't be suprised if they are trying to fix thing asap (or even preparing a new server) but are waiting that everything works before posting to avoid hype backslash.

I think people vastly over estimate how many people are working on L2 Classic. I bet it started as a pet project to supplement the live game. You know what some players would love, a classic server to relive their past. Boss ok's it and it goes into development. As a software developer myself, I bet the classic team is made up of less than 10 people. My best guess, a lead and 3 developers.

Archived