Silence is Concerning

Monkeh

Heres the real issue.  They NEVER expected their classic server to be this popular.  I have people in my guild whos never played L2 before like myself who came out of the wood works and just want to play a solid fresh start mmo.  They fixed a the login issue so now the que moves much much slower then before since its not kicking as many people out.  They need to decide whether they need to increase the server cap or add another server or wait it out and hope that normal mmo attrition fixes their server issues.  It ends up being a business decision whether they want to invest into increasing their player capacity.  They probably will, but that’s not a decision that can be made without someone signing off on it

1 hour ago, Cruniac said:

My guess is, and I'm being overwhelmingly positive, they'll be quiet until the next maintenance day and add a new server then (hope I'm wrong and they fix this mess faster).

They need a strategy, and believe me, once they have one they will inform us.

2 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

I think people vastly over estimate how many people are working on L2 Classic. I bet it started as a pet project to supplement the live game. You know what some players would love, a classic server to relive their past. Boss ok's it and it goes into development. As a software developer myself, I bet the classic team is made up of less than 10 people. My best guess, a lead and 3 developers.

Thats a good point, we kinda all thing there is an army out there. But we clearly see they dont or if they have an army. Its an army of incompetent( sorry for the comment  but it is as it is)

4 minutes ago, Trrance said:

That's not an excuse. It's a company, they have the resources and manpower to act quickly in such situations. It's just that somebody is not doing his job properly or somebody from the management is not listening to the others.

Thumb up dude!!  you got it Best comment of the day!!!!!

For instance, my main account has been locked for "No reason". I've sent them an email for the first time 4 days ago. They replied on Monday asking for more personal information and it may take a few more days to do something about it.

1 minute ago, Trrance said:

For instance, my main account has been locked for "No reason". I've sent them an email for the first time 4 days ago. They replied on Monday asking for more personal information.

I'm not discounting your experience. We just move at a million miles per hour compared to what they can offer. It took them so long to respond because they most likely have a couple people working 100k+ tickets. I myself have a ticket open with no response. NCsoft has money you say so hire more people. Keep in mind NCsoft is a Korean company. How much money do they want to throw at a small project in NA. Again, I hear your complaint and it sucks. We are all in the same boat.

1 hour ago, DeeCee said:

I'm not discounting your experience. We just move at a million miles per hour compared to what they can offer. It took them so long to respond because they most likely have a couple people working 100k+ tickets. I myself have a ticket open with no response. NCsoft has money you say so hire more people. Keep in mind NCsoft is a Korean company. How much money do they want to throw at a small project in NA. Again, I hear your complaint and it sucks. We are all in the same boat.

What I meant is, that is something normal.

It's a company, exactly. This is how it works.They have a budget on regions. If that region can't afford investing more, they simple won't do it, because every single region has to support itself - those people are being paid for a reason. You can not rely on somebody else to do your job - Korea in this case.

So you're saying, if NC west can only support up to this point, then we are kinda stuck with what we got, as Korea isn't pitching in. Which would mean we are stuck with limited staff to support us. This is of course all hyperbole as we don't actually know their situation.

Just now, Trrance said:

What I meant is, that is something normal.

It's a company, exactly. This is how it works.They have a budget on regions. If that region can't afford investing more, they simple won't do it, because every single region has to support itself - those people are being paid for a reason. You can not rely on somebody else to do your job - Korea in this case.

The question wasn't wether or not they have a budget to hire more people, the issue is that they couldn't find 5 minutes to inform the community IF they are even doing anything. For all we know they hired strippers and they're enjoying a six pack of budweiser as we speak.

1 hour ago, DeeCee said:

So you're saying, if NC west can only support up to this point, then we are kinda stuck with what we got, as Korea isn't pitching in. Which would mean we are stuck with limited staff to support us. This is of course all hyperbole as we don't actually know their situation.

Korea has nothing to do with NA, unless the headquarters have bigger decisions to make and I don't think this is one of the cases. Players are playing; servers are full, this is not a fail, is it?

They haven't anticipated this big amount of players, well, this is something else.

We may not be stuck. Players keep donating, they do have income.

We're just hoping somebody will make the right decision, and fast. Such us, adding more servers or increasing the amount of players in-game. Hardware wise is possible, we're in 2018, but the emulator itself is very, very old, it may not be safe/stable to allow more people to log in, if improvements have not been made over the years and this is understandable, nobody expected this game to last for so long.

1 hour ago, iKou said:

The question wasn't wether or not they have a budget to hire more people, the issue is that they couldn't find 5 minutes to inform the community IF they are even doing anything. For all we know they hired strippers and they're enjoying a six pack of budweiser as we speak.

Somebody failed doing his/her job, indeed.

6 minutes ago, Trrance said:

We're just hoping somebody will make the right decision, and fast. Such us, adding more servers or increasing the amount of players in-game. Hardware wise is possible, we're in 2018, but the emulator itself is very, very old, it may not be safe/stable to allow more people to log in, if improvements have not been made over the years and this is understandable, nobody expected this game to last for so long.

I expect a new server will be opened with the weekly maintenance. So much has happened but the game has only been opened for less than 2 weeks. While it's annoying to have these difficulties, they have been good on answering our woes. They can only operate within the maintenance windows. As for the lack of communication on the forums. There is probably nothing new to say.

Hime has informed you few times already that they are working on the problems, but in the end of the day, the game devs which are in Korea have to provide fixes and that takes time.

If you got no patience, take a break.

Archived