Is Multiboxing good for the game?

LoanWolf

To me it seems like multiboxing does more harm then it does good, and while its nice that it used to allow it, Im not sure its needed in the new version.  Obviously they will not want to refund players for their alt accounts so they will be keeping this in the game.  Is there anyone able to give me a good reason that multiboxing is good for the game instead of gaining an advantage over people who do not multibox? 

6 minutes ago, Obi21 said:

I know people who play these classes

As their main class?  Lies!  Maybe up until they hit 40 and actually do the class xfer quest to make them true buff mules.  Shamans still fun until then lol.

Yes it’s necessary because buffs are necessary. I enjoy mainly solo play and boxing a buffer, it’s always been my play style. This allows for easy leveling of new toons. Lineage 2 has always been like this and always will be. Stop with these posts, it’s been an element of the game since it was released.

15 minutes ago, Evangelion said:

No is not but many guys around here still live in 2004 that is why you have whiteknights defending multibox unlike these days where nobody multibox

If noone did it, there wouldn't be dozens of threads about it.

It's not going anywhere and you're looking at it the wrong way anyway.

Some people DO like to play buffers and healers, but there are a lot of times they can't get groups (time of day, need to afk often, etc).

In these cases, you need a box to level your main. 

If you've never played a healer or dedicated buffer class for an extended length of time, sit the bleep down.

My very first character in Lineage 2 was a prophet by the same name as my tag here. Let me tell you that from first hand experience, it was rough. 

Also, on the topic of multi-box. If the forums threads and posts are to be believed, there are people who are multi-boxing and getting banned for some reason. Maybe its the reporting tool, who knows. I'm not in the position to say if they were or were not botting. I am just saying that it is a bit scary. 

I'm not sure I want to risk it though. Too bad because multi-boxing two accounts is fun. It has me worried though.

I really think there's another reason they're getting banned. I have no clue what that is, but it's not a complicated matter for them to separate a user controlled box and an automated one. They have 14 (?) years experience doing exactly that. They've never done more than ban a small % of bots who then just create a new account and start over. It's purely optics and just how NC has always handled it.

9 minutes ago, Hatecraft said:

My very first character in Lineage 2 was a prophet by the same name as my tag here. Let me tell you that from first hand experience, it was rough. 

Also, on the topic of multi-box. If the forums threads and posts are to be believed, there are people who are multi-boxing and getting banned for some reason. Maybe its the reporting tool, who knows. I'm not in the position to say if they were or were not botting. I am just saying that it is a bit scary. 

I'm not sure I want to risk it though. Too bad because multi-boxing two accounts is fun. It has me worried though.

Boxing 2 characters won't get you banned. We've been multiboxing for years now.

3 minutes ago, Medeoan said:

Multiboxing has been a core playstyle of Sand Box MMOs since they were first created. Lineage II Vanilla had a lot of multiboxing as well. It isn't anything new.

you totally right but besides farmers corporate, people had less account because you had to pay for it. I think the balance was there.

Depends on the game. EvE Online generally has many multiboxers. With the EvE PLEX system you can pay for the subs by using in game revenues you generate.

I do grant boxes were less common in the pay to play era for Lineage II, but they were by no means rare among legitimate players.

How can you say something is or isn't good for the game? Personally, I like multi-boxing if it leads to better performance in the chasing of my in game goals. When it doesn't, I don't multi-box. Lineage II's very design promotes multiboxing.

We have group heal skills

We have clan buff skills

Do we have account heal/buff?

NO, because multibox IS NOT a "core feature" of the game. Multiboxing is how you play single mode in a MMORPG, and that's not the spirit of this genre. If NC allowed and still allowing multibox it is just because it suits them and they are greedy. Stop defending the indefensible, you just want to stay lazy and comfy.

multibox is not good for the game, i like to play as main wc and i dont have a pet/box because i have friends and i can find "friends"  with parties. with multibox you are playing a single player on a mmo, where is the fun on this?

i was reading some posts and i found that we have hardcore players telling others things like  "stop crying" "noob" "you dont know how to play" or something else, but all of them dont know how to play without a box, they think they are hardcore but they dont even know how to find a party or  play this game like a real mmo. 

sorry for my english.

14 minutes ago, Groncho said:

We have group heal skills

We have clan buff skills

Do we have account heal/buff?

NO, because multibox IS NOT a "core feature" of the game. Multiboxing is how you play single mode in a MMORPG, and that's not the spirit of this genre. If NC allowed and still allowing multibox it is just because it suits them and they are greedy. Stop defending the indefensible, you just want to stay lazy and comfy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2l2ZxNhCSg

A good analysis why some people play alone in an MMORPG. This was presented from insider analysis by a professional AAA game developer at BioWare.

6 minutes ago, Medeoan said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2l2ZxNhCSg

A good analysis why some people play alone in an MMORPG. This was presented from insider analysis by a professional AAA game developer at BioWare.

Dont care why you and your autistic friends like to play solo in a MMORPG. The FACT is that the game isnt designed that way, no MMO was thought for that purpose and never will...

Just now, Groncho said:

Dont care why you and your autistic friends like to play solo in a MMORPG. The FACT is that the game isnt designed that way, no MMO was thought for that purpose and never will...

So you close minded and desperate to keep blinders on. Got it.

Can everyone just stop trying to talk them into going from 3 to 2 or 3 to 1 box? 

1... Ncsoft is not going to refund the people who bought vip acounts for that purpose..

2... If they would change it and refuse to refund.. can you say class action lawsuit?

End of discussion

Archived