Current Issue: Long Server Queue Times

Hime

28 minutes ago, vasidi2 said:

Offline shop it's not AH dude..

You've never played on not official servers when you can place your char on the market to sell/buy and you can shutdown your PC and your char will be still in the market? Those servers had capacity to maintain 9k ppl online 10 years ago! 10 years later with all the new technologies ncsoft cannot handle 6k...

Well, I did play back in 2006 on privates, before moving to retail. Doesn’t change the fact, that what you call offline shop has it’s equivalent in auction house. It also doesn’t change the fact, that neither of them exist in L2 classic, no matter how often and loud you guys cry about it. Accept it and move on, instead of creating new topics about it over and over again. The true reason for full servers are tons of bots and not afk shops or afk fishing.

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Garfield said:

Well, I did play back in 2006 on privates, before moving to retail. Doesn’t change the fact, that what you call offline shop has it’s equivalent in auction house. It also doesn’t change the fact, that neither of them exist in L2 classic, no matter how often and loud you guys cry about it. Accept it and move on, instead of creating new topics about it over and over again. The true reason for full servers are tons of bots and not afk shops or afk fishing.

Check shops in Gludio, Giran, Dion etc - hundreds of hundreds...all online and taking server resources. Now go to Giran harbor and Gludio harbor. People are afraid to log out because they will be forced to wait all day on queue if they are not vip or even vip- 1 hour at least! Who has so much free time after work to waste in queue? Think.

Now imagine you leave your char on the market and turn off computer and go to work or sleep. When you go back online you will see if you manage to sell anything. Sounds nice huh? And the benefit will be - couple if hundreds ppl less online but yet able to sell/buy with their toons. 

About the fishing - this auto fishing  was never been part of l2 so .. why now? With all this server problems. It's just making everything worst. 

About the bots - you are right. I also consider multiboxing for botting and respectfully - good reason for ban. More than 3 chars I'm sorry but this is RMT. I can't find any better reason to do it anyway. 

@vasidi2 you don’t need to convince me about benefits of what you written down. I know them. It still won’t change the fact, that nothing is gonna change and people posting these “ideas” are just wasting their time. Reminds me kind of Live going “ truly free to play” with GoD launch.... nothing has changed then, nothing will change now.

6 hours ago, Garfield said:

@vasidi2 you don’t need to convince me about benefits of what you written down. I know them. It still won’t change the fact, that nothing is gonna change and people posting these “ideas” are just wasting their time. Reminds me kind of Live going “ truly free to play” with GoD launch.... nothing has changed then, nothing will change now.

Well it's too late for the live server.. Back in time Juji wrote in the old forum that adena and drop rate were permanently reduced with the launching of GoD because of the bots. Few years later nothing changed even when people asked to bring back the old state of the adena and drop because there were no more bots running around. But lets see the classic. On the second week of the start of the classic they've already improved the xp and drop rate (at least succeeded with the low levels mobs till lv 35-ish). They know the problem with the queue causing big disappointment. I'm sure they will find a possible solution listening their customers. Offline char on shop state is a pretty good solution (or even offline fishing hmm) This way online will be players who actually play the game. I think this is what we all want. If ncsoft finds a way to implement this I guarantee it's "all win".

Remove afk (then non-afk) free players to allow pay players to enter, no queue ever for VIP players, if that means no free players on the server, so be it.  I guarantee NC will open more servers if 100% of the population is VIP.

There is no sane reason at all for a paying customer to wait while a free player is connected.

There is literally zero business justification to risking guaranteed income (current customer) by prioritizing it below potential income (free players).

It's insanity.

59 minutes ago, FatHips said:

Remove afk (then non-afk) free players to allow pay players to enter, no queue ever for VIP players, if that means no free players on the server, so be it.  I guarantee NC will open more servers if 100% of the population is VIP.

There is no sane reason at all for a paying customer to wait while a free player is connected.

There is literally zero business justification to risking guaranteed income (current customer) by prioritizing it below potential income (free players).

It's insanity.

It is sane when you advertise the game as F2P.Going on your opinion, if the server is full, a non paying customer must get disconnected when a vip member tries to log.Nowhere in the terms of uses point that paying customers get more privilages than non paying customers

4 hours ago, Jiwan said:

It is sane when you advertise the game as F2P.Going on your opinion, if the server is full, a non paying customer must get disconnected when a vip member tries to log.Nowhere in the terms of uses point that paying customers get more privilages than non paying customers

No, it is not sane under any circumstances for them to prioritize non-paying customers over paying customers in any way, any CFO or CEO who proposed that would be run out of any company for obvious reasons.  That's a PR problem if any, which is far lower on the priority scale than the company's bread and butter income.

Are you simple?

Besides, if enough people pay for VIP they will open more servers or expand capacity, do you think they will open more servers / upgrade hardware if there are more free players?

1 hour ago, FatHips said:

No, it is not sane under any circumstances for them to prioritize non-paying customers over paying customers in any way, any CFO or CEO who proposed that would be run out of any company for obvious reasons.  That's a PR problem if any, which is far lower on the priority scale than the company's bread and butter income.

Are you simple?

Besides, if enough people pay for VIP they will open more servers or expand capacity, do you think they will open more servers / upgrade hardware if there are more free players?

Probably something like 90%+ of the server population would gladly pay 10$/month for an account if it meant there was NEVER a que, and if they upgraded the current servers to handle the game load without the laundry list of issues. Lets say theres 15,000 accounts (probably more with boxes). Thats 150,000/month which is more than enough to cover the cost of new servers and maintenance, and make a profit on top.

16 hours ago, FatHips said:

Are you simple?

so for you its right to disconnect non-paying people if the server is full to let paying people to log in?I wonna see what will the reputation of a company be if this information goes out when the game is advertised as FREE TO PLAY. Considering that when you read about what vip bonuses are and it comes nowhere near that you get a queue advantage,you can just go and crawl to your corner, and thats coming from some1 who pays for vip and not for one account. What about not banning people that cheat if they are vip?Shouldn't we do that too according to your logic?

2 hours ago, Jiwan said:

so for you its right to disconnect non-paying people if the server is full to let paying people to log in?I wonna see what will the reputation of a company be if this information goes out when the game is advertised as FREE TO PLAY. Considering that when you read about what vip bonuses are and it comes nowhere near that you get a queue advantage,you can just go and crawl to your corner, and thats coming from some1 who pays for vip and not for one account. What about not banning people that cheat if they are vip?Shouldn't we do that too according to your logic?

Yes, if there's limited space they should prioritize paying customers.........duh?

They have multiple issues going on, obviously advertising f2p game and not having space for even their paying customers is a problem that needs to be addressed, but it can't be addressed by denying access from paying customers.  Those customers are paying for boosts and bonuses that count down while offline, directly not allowing them to connect for X period of time is essentially fraud.

@banning cheaters: Those are entirely unconnected logic strings so I will ignore you, but I appreciate you trying.

1 hour ago, FatHips said:

Yes, if there's limited space they should prioritize paying customers.........duh?

They have multiple issues going on, obviously advertising f2p game and not having space for even their paying customers is a problem that needs to be addressed, but it can't be addressed by denying access from paying customers.  Those customers are paying for boosts and bonuses that count down while offline, directly not allowing them to connect for X period of time is essentially fraud.

@banning cheaters: Those are entirely unconnected logic strings so I will ignore you, but I appreciate you trying.

Space is limited because they don't add another eu server like Giran and don't give free transfers to other servers. If you advertise game as F2P then you should provide access to the game for everyone equally. If you put VIP accounts above others when they log in than honestly just make it again playable with sub like before. It's not like a million players are playing this...
The way currently this game is being handled doesn't really inspire me to buy VIP.

19 hours ago, GrimoireWeiss said:

Space is limited because they don't add another eu server like Giran and don't give free transfers to other servers. 

And... NCWest/NCSoft never introduced a mechanism to prevent people from starting new accounts/characters on the already overcrowded servers, like they have in the past.

I imagine that there's been a lot of new accounts created in the past two weeks just to farm the Halloween Event.

On 11/7/2018 at 5:13 PM, FatHips said:

I Really hope for you to understand that advertising F2P and not being able to play if you don't pay is also a fraud. 

22 hours ago, arpul said:

I Really hope for you to understand that advertising F2P and not being able to play if you don't pay is also a fraud. 

No, it's not.  There was no transaction involved.  Nothing was taken from you.

If anything it's misleading advertising.

@Hime simple, just allow us a free 1 time server transfer to another server. I much rather be playing on Aden server as it fits my timezone. Didn't expect all these new servers popping up. It would create load balancing of servers and reduce this issue ten fold. 

15 hours ago, Kakos said:

@Hime simple, just allow us a free 1 time server transfer to another server. I much rather be playing on Aden server as it fits my timezone. Didn't expect all these new servers popping up. It would create load balancing of servers and reduce this issue ten fold. 

True... i can go also to other server with transfer

i have vip acc in Giran srvr . why i have to wait 3 hours and more.. on queue in time i pay you? wtf no progress queue each time i v to login in this srvr.

plus i have another non vip account and i v beed on 4 ppl in queue when i started and this remain there no move to log in game after 4 hours .. 4 hours on queue 4 ppl?  i think this is a software trick and not server responce to client . you guys solve this shiit with queue wtf u make ppl crazy waiting so far.

i m 4 and half hours in fornt of pc do what ? wait for what? u play issues to queue make ppl angry..

Archived