Current Issue: Long Server Queue Times

Hime

What ever you do not increase the server capacity, there ain't enough mobs to go around now..

And there will just be more AFK's, Shops and people fishing.

I figured this was going to be an issue with using the GoD client and it's sparsely populated mobs/spawn points.

I can't imagine what Ivory Tower Crater is going to look like two or three weeks from now. 

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Hime said:

Hello all,

We will be rolling a few changes to the servers to mitigate the long server queue times. The changes will not require any server down time, aims to reduce the wait time. The effects may not be noticeable immediately.

In the meantime, we are also considering additional options to further reduce the queue time or the eliminate the queue all together.

Thank you for bearing with us as we work through these issues to get you in game as soon as we can.

one box! no more..

2 hours ago, Hime said:

Hello all,

We will be rolling a few changes to the servers to mitigate the long server queue times. The changes will not require any server down time, aims to reduce the wait time. The effects may not be noticeable immediately.

In the meantime, we are also considering additional options to further reduce the queue time or the eliminate the queue all together.

Thank you for bearing with us as we work through these issues to get you in game as soon as we can.

What is the timeframe for fixing this problem? I hope it is fast, there are 4 days that I can not log in!

3 hours ago, Hime said:

Hello all,

I PAID AND I CAN NOT PLAY. The queue STILL exists and SHOULD NOT EXIST. I do not want to hear about these solutions from you. Let's do this, give me back my money and until you have a real server, and after that I'll consider repaying again.

6 hours ago, Mullmar said:

You can ban me if you want but this is the worse MMO company i've ever seen (And yea I've played a lot of MMO's).

i just hoped to had the immediacy that innova had. In a sense we could talk all day with gms there. We also had discord and during the day you could ask something and take answer. even pm you could send to Fragola and she was really answering but i guess that because NA server are so bigger project than skelth with thousands more people its difficult to maintain that immediacy.

18 hours ago, Hime said:

Hello all,

@Hime @Juji

Anything else to say? I think it is a bit bigger problem you have here than the answer you gave us. As you can see, even this thread already caused people to leave L2. This and the fact that they could't understand, the so called solution is not immediate. Well, that is another problem. I mean, when you have a customer pool of thousands of people and let them rot just cuz it's weekend and after that you tell them, "The effects may not be noticeable immediately." well... that ain't marketing. I don't know what your point is anymore in L2, but i think we deserve a statement.

I guess you don't work in shifts and probably no overtime (if yes, I apologize), but you need to communicate with us. You probably won't loose everyone and if would be wrong you would already have . L2 will stand, that's for sure. However not sure what kind of L2. I am still hoping for the uprising, but a bit less every day. 

Me and my buddy offered help, please let me quote my self, but just the technical part...

...I talked to my friend and aggreed that we would like to help NCsoft tracking the bugs, fixing them, brainstorming, tracking bots and adena sellers or even in development (on test and live server as well). We have jobs, but like part-time, we'd like to help. I know, we are bugs (hehe :) ) here, you are a big company and thing don't work like this. Well, I don't care. (If someone is already typing something like ..."NCsoft doesn's need you / want you, they just want money... etc.", ehmm.. just shut up pls. We shall see the results, even if no one answers, will be an answer.) I've been searching the forum for hours and days, but have not found any posts that would offer help. Yes, they should be handling this stuff easily, but we don't know what is happening behind the curtains and for the most, I want to play old L2, with community, ass-kicked by RBs and sometimes be victorious, whining for healers and buffer, etc...

I am grateful if any of you have read this post especially for the time of the official team and I am waiting for your response. Thank you for your time, be well.

We are developers (C#, JavaScript, MySql, mssql, html5, css, node.js, unity, unity script, psql, python (2.7 & 3), xml, developing and testing..., administrational Linux (mainly ubuntu), Win7, Win10, bit win servers and so on)

This still stands, just need an answer. [edited for language]

(I need to deal with customers as well through internet and also face-to-face. If I did something like you did last weekend, I would have no more customers. No, I don't work in game developement, but a customer is a customer. Yes, this s.cks. :) )

...or at least just talk to us. :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uxkd6Wp5fWM

10 hours ago, Hime said:

Hello all,

I can notice some improvement with the queue. I started two clients, both got like 400 queue and after like 1 hour both went in game. Problem came like 10-15 mins after that. Both my clients got DC.

My question here is - is this will be the new trend with fixing? Able to log in much faster and then after a while having a DC?

Many options have already been given, even if temporary... Please do consider reducing the boxes (even 1 box for the buffer is enough, and even that is anti-social gaming because nobody will be playing main support) and don't allow auto-fish, make it manual and challenging. That enough should help a lot.

13 minutes ago, HephaPT said:

Many options have already been given, even if temporary... Please do consider reducing the boxes (even 1 box for the buffer is enough, and even that is anti-social gaming because nobody will be playing main support) and don't allow auto-fish, make it manual and challenging. That enough should help a lot.

Fishing is part of the game and is not problem , only not part of the game are 3 accounts per PC! If only 1 or 2 accounts per PC allowed will fix many problems.

7 minutes ago, InTheGame said:

Fishing is part of the game and is not problem , only not part of the game are 3 accounts per PC! If only 1 or 2 accounts per PC allowed will fix many problems.

Guys, you do realize that many, many people have a PC + a laptop? Therefore, 2 accounts per PC mean actually 4 boxes per player. At least 4...

Yes, I know it would be more problematic to run the game on 2 computers simultaneously but who are we kidding? We know people would do that anyway - they already do. Given the above, limiting the boxes per PC is not a long term solution, imho.

2 minutes ago, Kaczy888 said:

Guys, you do realize that many, many people have a PC + a laptop? Therefore, 2 accounts per PC mean actually 4 boxes per player. At least 4...

Yes, I know it would be more problematic to run the game on 2 computers simultaneously but who are we kidding? We know people would do that anyway - they already do. Given the above, limiting the boxes per PC is not a long term solution, imho.

Now they have 3 on PC and 3 on laptop = 6.

WIll be reduced to 4!

5 minutes ago, Kaire said:

Allow 1+1 box only

agree no one need a one man army to play the game. 1 box for a buffer is ok for me.

kick afkers after 10min

that is too punishing. you cant even go to toilet like that. 

they can restart the server twice a day until they fix queues

also game has auto run if you don't know it. everyone will enable it and run in a wall forever so its not a solution

OFFLINE SHOPS

no.

too much lag in server and the queues will be even worst.

ban bots

a dream that will never become true

Archived