Current Issue: Long Server Queue Times

Hime

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, existenz said:

agree no one need a one man army to play the game. 1 box for a buffer is ok for me.

that is too punishing. you cant even go to toilet like that. 

they can restart the server twice a day until they fix queues

also game has auto run if you don't know it. everyone will enable it and run in a wall forever so its not a solution

no.

too much lag in server and the queues will be even worst.

a dream that will never become true

+1 Agreed

easiest fix ...close the damn server !

and open when is ready to play for all...

some people advance every day and the rest just waiting in queue ...

we allready stayed one week  behind the rest  ....

today same story 9:00 in the morning 430 queue ...now is 12:30 and im 120 queue... 

im gonna leave soon and go home to w8 4-5 more hours .... if by chance this account is not locked also without any reason...

Guys do not think that someone will do something! 
They just pull the time for the games themselves to diverge the queue will disappear and they will 
write that the work was done from you all the answer and the reality of this situation is a pity that such a company and so did! (((
Very many people wanted to play on your server and as it turned out now , you do not want this Lunchtime = (
And I've played one more in n2 since 2005 and I saw it on many bigger online ones! 
But I have never seen such an indifferent administration at the expense of games (my clients)! 
Do not be tempted to watch some or some absurd topics from us for hours. 
Which can be ignored but such the situation is not ignored it needs communication clarification and work but just writing we do something funny it is !!!
Thank you for letting us know that you can not correct the situation, but wait until the players leave, and those who do not leave will buy the VIP and then everything will be OK! 
Good luck to everyone Take care and think or play you in such a north when the next problem appears again it will not solve and let the decision itself!

I Loged at 9.30 morning,i had 350 pll queue. now its 12.50 and im in position 40 for 15 min...after 15 min in position 40 i got position 39 and i count 5 min in this position. I REALLY dont get it..What exacly have you fixed 2 days now?

7 hours ago, ZaitzeV said:

...I talked to my friend and aggreed that we would like to help NCsoft tracking the bugs, fixing them, brainstorming, tracking bots and adena sellers or even in development (on test and live server as well). We have jobs, but like part-time, we'd like to help. I know, we are bugs (hehe :) ) here, you are a big company and thing don't work like this. Well, I don't care. (If someone is already typing something like ..."NCsoft doesn's need you / want you, they just want money... etc.", ehmm.. just shut up pls. We shall see the results, even if no one answers, will be an answer.) I've been searching the forum for hours and days, but have not found any posts that would offer help. Yes, they should be handling this stuff easily, but we don't know what is happening behind the curtains and for the most, I want to play old L2, with community, ass-kicked by RBs and sometimes be victorious, whining for healers and buffer, etc...

I am grateful if any of you have read this post especially for the time of the official team and I am waiting for your response. Thank you for your time, be well.

Me and my buddy offered help, please let me quote my self, but just the technical part...

We are developers (C#, JavaScript, MySql, mssql, html5, css, node.js, unity, unity script, psql, python (2.7 & 3), xml, developing and testing..., administrational Linux (mainly ubuntu), Win7, Win10, bit win servers and so on)

This still stands, just need an answer. [edited for language]

(I need to deal with customers as well through internet and also face-to-face. If I did something like you did last weekend, I would have no more customers. No, I don't work in game developement, but a customer is a customer. Yes, this s.cks. :) )

...or at least just talk to us. :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uxkd6Wp5fWM

you're not even considerate. this is a publishing company with hq in seoul. all the technical server side  stuff and decisions is done by the korean devs. they develop the tools need it or implement them. it took them years to fix a css and link on their forum on aion. people have offered help but of course they can't take it. further more they won't allow strangers to have access to their sensitive data or their software.

on a personal note, most of those skills are not even eligible for what are you suggesting. the game is built on c++ using the unreal engine, their multiple servers and tools are built in c++, their servers are windows, their dbs are ms and ambiguous, and so on. the way you described some of those those skills sounds more like a bunch of beginners or enthusiasts in programming, not professionals with years of experience. i mean no sysop would ever present himself and say just linux admin (mainly ubuntu), which is basically a linux for the uninitiated, win7/win10 which are desktops. no front end dev or fullstack professional would say just html5, css, js, node, which everyone know the basics, or even worse, mentioning xml. just c# and unity is what people say after a  month of learning the basics of c# and think they can create their own game.

1 hour ago, existenz said:

agree no one need a one man army to play the game. 1 box for a buffer is ok for me.

that is too punishing. you cant even go to toilet like that. 

they can restart the server twice a day until they fix queues

also game has auto run if you don't know it. everyone will enable it and run in a wall forever so its not a solution

no.

too much lag in server and the queues will be even worst.

a dream that will never become true

game server and login server a seperate servers and dont bs me that official server cant handle off shop ;)

After reading this post last night I attempted to log into my account to see if there was any difference in queue times. To my surprise, there was no queue at all, it let me jump straight to the character select. Even though yesterday was the first time in 4 days that I could get logged in, I played for a short while and I logged off thinking that the issue had been fixed. I woke up today and logged into the same dreaded queue. Silly me, I should have known better. 

Just now, Hime said:

Hello all,

We will be rolling a few changes to the servers to mitigate the long server queue times. The changes will not require any server down time, aims to reduce the wait time. The effects may not be noticeable immediately.

In the meantime, we are also considering additional options to further reduce the queue time or the eliminate the queue all together.

Thank you for bearing with us as we work through these issues to get you in game as soon as we can.

They would have to do a daily restart of the server every morning. So in that way many AFK people are eliminated ... and the Trader's that kicks you so many days so Trader's are renewed 

10 minutes ago, ragingducks said:

The only thing that makes sense is a cash grab of VIPers to get in front of the queue before it all this goes to crap.

Lets assume that ALL people of the server have VIP 4 at the moment and are 6.000. That adds up to 300.000$. 

Of course not all people have vip 4...

Do you think that a multi-million company wants to cash grab 300.000$? i suppose no

They want to have people that pay long-term, that is the goal.

i guess that 300k fast dollars and then bye bye is not their goal

15 hours ago, Leyfas said:

Want to treat an immediate decrease and that guarantees the entry of new players?
Do yourself a favor by lowering the box limit to 2, mostly logging in all possible boxes and leaving them doing exactly nothing, thus preventing entry of players who really want to play on all classic servers.
Very good for up solo on 2 accounts only.

Exactly, change the box limit to 2 acc. Last week I posted a few prints of a 4 BOXER!! and the people defended the dude... "If you have 2 PCs you can log even 6 if you want" obviously the player was loging 4 boxes in one PC, but what can we do, most players log and go afk for the day.

Conan had that same problem on release with player "login to save the spot", it's easy to solve... put an afk timer, 10 min for auto kick. Limit the acc to 2 per IP. Have an admin teleporting in game to care for the 4-6 boxers.

11 minutes ago, existenz said:

Lets assume that ALL people of the server have VIP 4 at the moment and are 6.000. That adds up to 300.000$. 

Of course not all people have vip 4...

Do you think that a multi-million company wants to cash grab 300.000$? i suppose no

They want to have people that pay long-term, that is the goal.

i guess that 300k fast dollars and then bye bye is not their goal

Maybe you're right. I'm just trying to understand how such a big company is shooting themselves in the foot like this.

There's such an unexpected influx of players, that they could easily grab them all by providing adequate server capacity.

Instead we have silence that lasts for days and then solutions that keep failing to address the problem.

Players are leaving every day and someone of them will never come back.

Wipe everything. 

Make it a fresh start for everyone.

Too many people left and won't come back, they'll consider they are too late now. 

You learnt what to fix, now it's time to have a clean server from the beginning with the population it could / should have. 

Classic has been waited for too long, it needs to be perfect from the very beginning to reach its full potential. 

Consider this a beta that put lights to main issues. 

1 minute ago, Seifer said:

Wipe everything. 

Make it a fresh start for everyone.

Too many people left and won't come back, they'll consider they are too late now. 

You learnt what to fix, now it's time to have a clean server from the beginning with the population it could / should have. 

Classic has been waited for too long, it needs to be perfect from the very beginning to reach its full potential. 

Consider this a beta that put lights to main issues. 

It's very difficult for them to do this, they have to fix this queue problem soon !! It's taking too long.

Bought 4 VIP1 accounts but I guess Im out if they dont open new server (hopefully GMT+), as these queues are impossible, even after "fix" :( Sad, I really, really wanted to play Lineage2 Classic (at least until they move past Interlude update and introduce Kamaels again)

omg... i just come from work, i want to play now, and 1.3k queue you, i think well i go to eat something 1 hour later 1.223 still on queue haha, jesus...

KICK THE AFKERS, REMOVE FISHING, do something i cant believe this can haappen in 2018.... jesus........................

You can't kick afker or you'll destroy all the economy of the server.

They already increased the spawn rate of mob so why they won't just increase the cap slot to 6500, 7000 ?

We don't need new server because ppl will leave TI, Giran and Aden, it's always like this for a new server launch on every MMO. Rush for some weeks and then back to a normal population.

1 minute ago, Dga said:

You can't kick afker or you'll destroy all the economy of the server.

They already increased the spawn rate of mob so why they won't just increase the cap slot to 6500, 7000 ?

what? whats the impact from kick someone who is afk and sleeping for hours or not even in his house.. i cant understand it

please explain me.

Just now, leoniums7 said:

what? whats the impact from kick someone who is afk and sleeping for hours or not even in his house.. i cant understand it

please explain me.

Because ppl are selling or fishing or farming these RB for mats, we need all of these to make our economy cheap like it is.

Enough offer for ppl who demand stuff.

BTW if you played L2R, you should know, never logout!

You always got something to do, so you should stay online.

For ppl who don't know L2R, it's a lineage 2 mobile who ask you to play 24h/7 with auto farm to be on top player.

Worst game ever :P

3 minutes ago, Dga said:

Because ppl are selling or fishing or farming these RB for mats, we need all of these to make our economy cheap like it is.

3 minutes ago, Dga said:

i didnt say in any moment kick that shops, but fishing? jesus.. please remove afk fishing, and take a look all those shops, mostly ppl put ridicolous price and
in the text box just "rec me" "i will cyber, just rec" " rec rec rec"  "please some money" "adena pls"... lol

Archived