Forums

Proof they watch but they dont talk

Just now, Medeoan said:

https://forums.lineage2.com/topic/5960-current-issue-long-server-queue-times/

They will post again when they have something to report. Reporting early can lead to false expectations and greater backlash than has already occurred.

i gave you 1 point but it is not normal that they have nothing to say after all that time of misery

I'd link you some good talks on youtube about the legal aspects of corporate communication, but I won't at this time. Bottom line is, while the silence can be frustrating, the fact that Hime did post to acknowledge the issue and tell us they are working on it is good. Only thing they could have done better was to have made that post this morning instead of the afternoon. We just need to be patient in the meantime, which sucks for a lot of people. Only advise I can give is either try something else while people wait.

• Like 2

You still have a good point. People are not use to such chaotic launch. Its by far the worst launch in video game history. They need to be pro-active and i am not talking about hime and juji, all people above them are quite slow poke. 20 years ago that would have been ok maybe. But not with with all the ressources they can have now.

34 minutes ago, SilverArrow said:

well, staff members have multiple games to take care of. for example:

https://forums.aiononline.com/profile/5-hime/

https://forums.bladeandsoul.com/profile/806647-hime/

and they have updates and patches to deliver to those games as well, pretty soon. l2c is not the only game that they have to manage here, or this community.

Aion and 

2 minutes ago, beleaua said:

well, staff members have multiple games to take care of. for example:

https://forums.aiononline.com/profile/5-hime/

https://forums.bladeandsoul.com/profile/806647-hime/

and they have updates and patches to deliver to those games as well, pretty soon. l2c is not the only game that they have to manage here, or this community.

Aion and Blade And Soul dont have queu problems last i checked

Just now, SilverArrow said:

Aion and 

Aion and Blade And Soul dont have queu problems last i checked

no but they have other things that need support attention. some patch in bns this week, and a big game update next week in aion for which they need a lot of preparation. ncwest staff is pretty small and shared between games.

1 minute ago, beleaua said:

no but they have other things that need support attention. some patch in bns this week, and a big game update next week in aion for which they need a lot of preparation. ncwest staff is pretty small and shared between games.

In other word , they were not ready for this. Your right, nice point

38 minutes ago, SilverArrow said:

You still have a good point. People are not use to such chaotic launch. Its by far the worst launch in video game history. They need to be pro-active and i am not talking about hime and juji, all people above them are quite slow poke. 20 years ago that would have been ok maybe. But not with with all the ressources they can have now.

LOL!!! Sorry man, but that really did crack me up. This is NOT the worst launch in video game history. Trust me on that one. The original launch for Lineage II back in 2004 had soooo many issues. In no particular order, monster server would crash leaving players online with all NPCs offline for weeks on end, loot and drop tables wouldn't load so you would be farming and there would be zero loot, chinese bots were rampant in every single hunting spot instead of hiding away, worse yet the chinese farmers had a PK squad to protect their RMT operations. They had full D-grade and level 40 skills then de-leveled back to 4 for the newbie protection and would keep all skills including the D-grade affinity. Just to name a few problems NC Soft had back in 2004. Those problems were when the servers were even up at all.

ESO had one of the most infamous launches ever. Things were so bad that people couldn't even help each other quest. You would have a party of friends and the moment one person got a quest objective completed it would phase out the entire party from each other so no one could help anyone else anymore. This was for group and dungeon quests too. It took Bethesda almost a year to really bring the issues under control and killed their Pay to Play model within 3 months.

World of Warcraft had so many issues that servers got nicknames like Skullcrasher, Illidown, Lagtheras, and Crashridge. The bugs were out the wazoo once players really got going and took Blizzard, the King of Game Companies, over a year to really get most of them under control.

Then there is the Grand Daddy of Launch Failures. Final Fantasy 14. The original launch was so bad, that SquareEnix pulled the entire game down after just a few months and remade the entire game all over again. Edit: This is why FF14 is called "A Realm Reborn" it is a direct reference to how hard the original launch failed.

Edited by Medeoan

6 minutes ago, Medeoan said:

LOL!!! Sorry man, but that really did crack me up. This is NOT the worst launch in video game history. Trust me on that one. The original launch for Lineage II back in 2004 had soooo many issues. In no particular order, monster server would crash leaving players online with all NPCs offline for weeks on end, loot and drop tables wouldn't load so you would be farming and there would be zero loot, chinese bots were rampant in every single hunting spot instead of hiding away, worse yet the chinese farmers had a PK squad to protect their RMT operations. They had full D-grade and level 40 skills then de-leveled back to 4 for the newbie protection and would keep all skills including the D-grade affinity. Just to name a few problems NC Soft had back in 2004. Those problems were when the servers were even up at all.

ESO had one of the most infamous launches ever. Things were so bad that people couldn't even help each other quest. You would have a party of friends and the moment one person got a quest objective completed it would phase out the entire party from each other so no one could help anyone else anymore. This was for group and dungeon quests too. It took Bethesda almost a year to really bring the issues under control and killed their Pay to Play model within 3 months.

World of Warcraft had so many issues that servers got nicknames like Skullcrasher, Illidown, Lagtheras, and Crashridge. The bugs were out the wazoo once players really got going and took Blizzard, the King of Game Companies, over a year to really get most of them under control.

Then there is the Grand Daddy of Launch Failures. Final Fantasy 14. The original launch was so bad, that SquareEnix pulled the entire game down after just a few months and remade the entire game all over again. Edit: This is why FF14 is called "A Realm Reborn" it is a direct reference to how hard the original launch failed.

Netcong issues come to mind

9 minutes ago, Medeoan said:

I think the original Dark and Light launch takes the cake.. launches the game, literally nobody can get on after they already sold tens of thousands of keys.  Servers finally come up after hearing absolutely nothing from devs for days, game is nothing like any game play vids people were showed. some time later they get shut down for illegal use of a game engine...

Edited by Dorsch

14 minutes ago, Medeoan said:

Then there is the Grand Daddy of Launch Failures. Final Fantasy 14. The original launch was so bad, that SquareEnix pulled the entire game down after just a few months and remade the entire game all over again.

I played on all those games launch and it were not as bad as you make it look, not as bad as this.

ESO wasnt  perfect but still we were able to play and they were pro-active to get back on track.

World Of Warcraft had few server boot and bugs, but we were able to play and they were pro-active (IT WAS THEIR FIRST MMO) L2 is a 14 years old game

FF14 wasnt really good but you know what. When a compagny CEO close the game and tell customer were sorry we really mess up and our game is bad and they redeliver an excellent game, you must give them thumb up. They got balls, they were not hiding.

Were there at L2 launch, yes lots of bugs maybe, b ut the game was brand new and still we were able to play nontheless.

And yes its the second worst game launch of all time

Edited by SilverArrow

1 minute ago, Dorsch said:

I think the original Dark and Light launch takes the cake.. launches the game, literally nobody can get on after they already sold tens of thousands of keys.  Servers finally come up after hearing absolutely nothing from devs for days, game is nothing like any game play vids people were showed. some time later they get shut down for illegal use of a game engine...

Dorsch you tha man, i must admit i totally forgot  that game, My apologies , the second worst launch ever lol

Just now, SilverArrow said:

Dorsch you tha man, i must admit i totally forgot  that game, My apologies , the second worst launch ever lol

I will always remember that game because i followed it for years lusting after their promises lmao

1 minute ago, SilverArrow said:

I played on all those games launch and it were not as bad as you make it look, not as bad as this.

ESO wasnt  perfect but still we were able to play and they were pro-active to get back on track.

World Of Warcraft had few server boot and bugs, but we were able to play and they were pro-active (IT WAS THEIR FIRST MMO) L2 is a 14 years old game

FF14 wasnt really good but you know what. When a compagny CEO close the game and tell customer were sorry we really mess up and our game is bad and they redeliver an excellent game, you must give them thumb up. They got balls, they were not hiding.

Were there at L2 launch, yes lots of bugs maybe, b ut the game was brand new and still we were able to play nontheless.

And yes its the worst launch of all time BY FAR FAR FAR.

Not sure when you jumped into L2, but when the original launch hit tens of thousands of people couldn't get in due to NetCong or net congestion errors. You quite literally had to click login a few thousand times to get to char select.  

4 minutes ago, Dorsch said:

Lol, that is pretty bad.

1 minute ago, Arinulis said:

Not sure when you jumped into L2, but when the original launch hit tens of thousands of people couldn't get in due to NetCong or net congestion errors. You quite literally had to click login a few thousand times to get to char select.  

it did not last that long though

1 minute ago, Arinulis said:

The hell you say, it lasted for damn near a month and a half. 

for you yes but there was something you could do to bypass that, not everyone knew but we were able to do it till few days before they patch it. You never wonder why lot of people wasnt effect that much by that?

4 minutes ago, SilverArrow said:

And yes its the worst launch of all time BY FAR FAR FAR.

/shrug

WoW is 14 years old as well. You are right that SquareEnix has huge balls to man up to their errors and promise to correct them. That is a big part of Japanese culture. ESO, from everyone I have ever known who played through the launch has said it was a truly unmitigated disaster. Yes, Bethesda was and has been proactive in fixing it and making it better ever since.

That said, L2 Classic hasn't been as bad you are making it out to be. They have been communicative, they have worked diligently on solutions within the limit of current resources NC West has been allotted, and they haven't tried to pretend all is well. I will agree their solutions haven't been perfect, but I give them marks for at least trying and working on it. I'm VIP 0 btw, I get max ques and you don't see me bitching like a 2 year old. I sit here and keep advocating patience.

Honestly im pretty annoyed with how they are handling the launch, im also equally annoyed with people who think they should swap from 3 boxes to 1 box without getting a class action lawsuit when they dont refund all the people who bought 3 vip for the sole purpose of 3 boxing.  You have people on here saying omg restart 20 times a day will seriously fix the queue, yeah and what afk shops are you gonna buy from? It really seems like most of the complaining is being done by people who have only played 1000x custom l2 servers. Where are the offline shops? you mean the illegal server ones? cause they never had offline shops on retail.  Everyone should be ecstatic the game is packed to the brim on all 3 servers.

Yes its annoying with the delayed responses but at the same time like it has been pointed out several times before. Corporate communication isnt as easy as hopping on a thread and spewing info

Edited by Dorsch