Jump to content
AikaL2

Phantom ranger it is good in classic?

Recommended Posts

AikaL2    1

hello guys, i'm wondering if it really worth level up a phantom ranger. im level 28 right now but im thinking on rerolling to HE or SR. but i need to ask first! so what are your opinions guys?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ianc3210    5

Best dps archer and can 1 shot many classes at later levels in pvp.  Not as easy to xp at lower levels with so many nukers doing aoe trains but if you can make good single target parties or solo/duo/trio with boxes its good. Just avoid mobs that nuke hard or are resist archery.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dorukasama    47

For solo and pvp is the best archer. Just get dye+str and you will 1 shot everything. It's an expensive character (like any other archer) so you should try find a constant party so you can farm eficiently adena, gear and ofc exp.

If I was to play an archer my first option would be Phantom Ranger so you're in the good path.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AikaL2    1

Thank you guys for your quick response, good to know i made a great choice choosing  the PR.

 

 

 

really Appreciate your feedback guys

Edited by AikaL2
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
solidpt    2

Phantom ranger - best dmg + crit dmg
Silver ranger - best crit chance + speed

Hawkeye - best hp poll + all balanced

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Meverick    19

Bro any class is good but it depends on how much you will enjoy the playstyle of a certain class. Most online videos shows pvp of an OP geared class so that doesnt exactly display the class in general.

Few main characteristics of the classes are:

Silver Rangers when using rapid fire, their distance is reduced and have to shoot from 600m. But they get highest atk speed and dex for crit chance but lowish damage.

PR gets high damage coz of high base STR and debuffs, however when using debuffs you have to come within 600m range if I am not mistaken. But it has lowest suitability coz of lowest CON and it effects stun both land rate and resist.

With Hawkeye you get everything balanced and there 2 most important things you get from HE 1) Dash lvl 1, 2) super attack range. As an archer, you need kiting and keeping distance from enemy. Nukers range is 900 and with HE you can shoot from more than 1000m and with snipe on its increased further. Coupled with Dash and ultimate evasion, nice CON, the suitability of HE is also better than the other two races. Also, it might seem HE will crit less considering lowest Dex among three races, but HE gets passive crit chance skill, so he crits on par if not more than a PR does. Finally, all archers go +5 Dex -5 Con, and with human race it still is ok but for elf and dark elf it becomes too low hp although elf gets elemental heal.

Edited by Meverick
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Meverick said:

Bro any class is good but it depends on how much you will enjoy the playstyle of a certain class. Most online videos shows pvp of an OP geared class so that doesnt exactly display the class in general.

Few main characteristics of the classes are:

Silver Rangers when using rapid fire, their distance is reduced and have to shoot from 600m. But they get highest atk speed and dex for crit chance but lowish damage.

PR gets high damage coz of high base STR and debuffs, however when using debuffs you have to come within 600m range if I am not mistaken. But it has lowest suitability coz of lowest CON and it effects stun both land rate and resist.

With Hawkeye you get everything balanced and there 2 most important things you get from HE 1) Dash lvl 1, 2) super attack range. As an archer, you need kiting and keeping distance from enemy. Nukers range is 900 and with HE you can shoot from more than 1000m and with snipe on its increased further. Coupled with Dash and ultimate evasion, nice CON, the suitability of HE is also better than the other two races. Also, it might seem HE will crit less considering lowest Dex among three races, but HE gets passive crit chance skill, so he crits on par if not more than a PR does. Finally, all archers go +5 Dex -5 Con, and with human race it still is ok but for elf and dark elf it becomes too low hp although elf gets elemental heal.

Unless they changed it here specifically CON doesn't affect stun resist anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Meverick    19
6 hours ago, GrimoireWeiss said:

Unless they changed it here specifically CON doesn't affect stun resist anymore.

Didnt know that, thanks for updating mate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tkadi21    1

I think kiting  is more a thing archer PARTIES do not one archer and if it were to compare the three its the silver ranger who is fast enough to actualy kite a bit.

 

Hawkeye doesnt move while in Snipe and you have reuse if u cancel it enought to get you back to the 800 range any archer has.

 

So if u say kiting and think of pve/leveling silver ranger is the one that actually can kite proeficiently with the proper buffs. 

 

Hawkeye is nice but his speed is the lowest and thus you have your con to become a bit tanky.

 

In my personal experience anyway hawkeye is preffered for its high capacity to carry cp pots in sieges/pvp, con which used to be important vs stun and because it has a decent damage, but yeah silver ranger is much more fun to play especially when you have the proper buffs/dances/songs because your crit rate makes you damage overall go much higher. 

Phantom ranger is another story, has high crits ... when it lands crits, rather often but you can change that with simple things like aq ring, draconic set...:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
InVizO    9
7 hours ago, tkadi21 said:

In my personal experience anyway hawkeye is preffered for its high capacity to carry cp pots in sieges/pvp, con which used to be important vs stun and because it has a decent damage, but yeah silver ranger is much more fun to play especially when you have the proper buffs/dances/songs because your crit rate makes you damage overall go much higher. 

Phantom ranger is another story, has high crits ... when it lands crits, rather often but you can change that with simple things like aq ring, draconic set...:D

I would like to know where this personal experience took place because for the next few content patches PRs are ridiculously OP compared to SR and Hawkeye, in Seven signs they become more balanced but I believe PR is still better lol.

 

I would take 2 PRs any day over 3-4 Hawkeyes / Silver Ranger, with Fatal counter the 2 PRs would probably outdps the other 4.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tkadi21    1

I played a couple of years on Raidfight 

Dunno where you get your info on whats coming up because this classic is some changed C4..

Edited by tkadi21

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dorukasama    47
18 hours ago, Tzeo said:

If CON works as before, then PR is the "stun-drinker" archer...

CON its not relevant anymore for stun-resistance. Buffs+stun resistance gear and PR will be good to go

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Noviscki    8
On 14/12/2018 at 11:14 AM, SjmSon said:

Hi

What support good for PR? 

EE + SING OR EE + Dance or other

I would say the same for every PDD for solo right? PP+BD guess it's the best combination possible

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×