Launch Pack purchase error - clarification request

Violar

@Hime @Juji

Dear Sirs,

I have decided to purchase the Launch Pack on October, 13th, when, apparently, there was an issue that NCWest was aware of.

The error stated that the Packs cannot be purchased due to a "server failure" and the Customers were advised to "try again later".

After several hours, a fix was released with a proud tweet that we, as the Customers, can re-attempt to purchase the Launch Packs again without issues.

For the Customers that did not try the purchase during the "server failure" period, it now works without issues. However, the Customers who have tried to purchase it within that time now receive the following erorr:

error.png

From the technical point of view, the general assumption is that the system believes that the Launch Pack has been purchased, even though it still isn't.

Therefore, The Customers still own the NCCoins, but are claimed to already own the mentioned pack as well.

The latest announcement in game states that "The Classic Launch Packs will be removed from the web shop on 10/16 at 11:59AM PDT".

There are multiple topics created on the forums that multiple Customers are unable to purchase the Pack, however, within short time the packs will be removed from the web shop.

Moreover, a ticket submitted (#22223593) was answered after 24 hours of its submission with an - I assume -  automatic statement that:

"This is currently a known issue and the Development Team is currently working toward a possible fix. Since the Game Support Team is not part of the development of the game, we are unable to provide status updates on bug reports. Your patience and understanding is greatly appreciated.

At this time Game Support Team does not have a workaround. Once a fix has been created and tested it will be made available in a future update."

As a result, I, probably among other Customers, was told to be patient and wait for a fix, however within 24 hours I will be unable to purchase the Pack anymore.

72 hours after the ticket submission, there is no announcements, tweets, responses on the forums. Basically, the Customers are told to observe the website/forums but nothing happens. On the other hand, the announcement in game was introduced, which proves that neither NCWest was closed nor the Dev Team was fired.

My assumption, that more and more steers towards confidence, is that nothing will be done today and the Packs will be eventually removed.

Based on the fact, that money was spent on NCCoins in the value of a full product in the video games industry, I understand the the Customers will be entitled to a refund.

Of course, the Customers might be told that the item that was purchased - the NCCoins - was delivered, however, the item that was intended to be purchased with your e-currency will not be available anymore.

Granted that no coins are spent from the account, I would like to ask for a response how the matter is planned to be handled by NCWest.

What will happen with the Customers that are ultimately unable to purchase the Classic Launch Packs?

Is it possible that the Launch Pack purchase is fixed today before their removal from the web shop takes place?

Will the Launch Pack purchase period be extended?

How the potential refunds are handled?

I have a full understanding of the issues that are currently troubling your crew. Clearly the popularity of the server exceeded your management capability.

I was a happy Customer of NCSoft playing Aion for years, paying the monthly subscription, based on the fact that the product was delivered without any issue.

However, it is quite unbelievable, that for the value of - again - a full product, in this case there is a full ignorance from the Seller side.

The only mean of contact with the Seller is the ticket submission, which proves no results. There is no Customer Service Call Centre and due to lack of response from the Dev Team on the forums and/or twitter, the frustration of the Customers deepens everyday.

Your automatic responses contain the footnote "Thank you for helping us make Lineage 2 a better place". The Customers would expect you to match your own slogan as well.

Best regards,

Violar

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Indeed like you said 100% the same problem and same response (or lack of real response) from ncwest. Not sure why it's so hard for them to fix it by removing 2400 coins and mailing the pack manualy as they appear to be unable to fix it in any other way.

PGC1801... or "This item has limited purchase, please check requirements"

This has been an ongoing issue with the same identical "automatic response". Would REALLY like to get my pack... and no further responses to the submitted ticket regarding the issue.

I also agree that the system is making the assumption that the pack was already purchased (when it clearly hasn't). If need be, someone needs to be promoted within ncsoft to either handle these on a one on one case, at the VERY least processing the 2400nc coin (or 800nc coin) transactions per submittion provided the coins are there, if not simply send an auto response stating that nc coin needs be refilled to the appropriate values, I've consistently maintained a 2400+ nc coin count in hopes that this would be handled manually.

My ticket number is 

I would REALLY prefer to not miss this.

yeah I am having the same issue with no response. they won't even say if we can still get it after tonight. I was really happy to get back into this game again.. but now it's kind of soured. If this isn't resolved I may not play.

Server was in maintanance. It was reseted. Launch Packs were extented in duration for purchase. But...

..NO fix yet! Another day, as usual, where I would be minus -65%-75% in experience gains compared to my teamates with packs and vip3/4.

Exactly.

One of my questions is answered itself - we do have extension.

What about the people that are still stuck with artificially having the Pack, while still not having it? Can't we just have manually deducted coins and added the pack to our accounts? Or have the Pack be possible for purchase in the in-game L2 Store?

I have 2 tickets open, one for a fix, one for a refund. Both are being completely ignored.

Yes, 50 dollars frozen - once again, this is an equivalent of a new PC/PS4 game.

Tickets completely ignored, other than an automatic response than we help making Lineage 2 a better place. Well, surely it is not a better place for me, refreshing the e-mail and tickets every 2 hours just deepens my frustration.

@Hime @Juji Is it really so hard to manually deduct our NCCoins and put the items in our Dimensional Merchants? I don't believe it's the issue of not allowing people have 2nd pack on their account as you can see the transaction history.

Since only account who tried to purchase packs when there was server side error are affected, how many are we really? Like 100 accounts? It would take like few hours to manually deduct ncoins from account and apply launch pack.

No, we are here waiting for a full week with total radio silence from devs about the issue. We only got generic copypasta from support without any real info. We are so low level that soon we cant even party with our clans/friends/cps. This situation is extreamly unfair and it should be priority number one to any company to deliver their product to paying customers.

3 minutes ago, STENFORCE said:

Since only account who tried to purchase packs when there was server side error are affected, how many are we really? Like 100 accounts? It would take like few hours to manually deduct ncoins from account and apply launch pack.

No, we are here waiting for a full week with total radio silence from devs about the issue. We only got generic copypasta from support without any real info. We are so low level that soon we cant even party with our clans/friends/cps. This situation is extreamly unfair and it should be priority number one to any company to deliver their product to paying customers.

Amen

25 minutes ago, STENFORCE said:

At least you didn't have your NCoins deducted :P I have 2400 gone missing from my account and I am being ignored in both the support tickets and forums.. happy days! Oh yeah, without even being able to get the Chronicle pack

Doesn't really differ, I have 4000 coins stuck on my account, that I can't touch in case of a refund as a last resort.

Still, you would believe that in a normal world, a Customer who spends his money, gets some support from the Seller.

16 minutes ago, Holyangelcy said:

At least you didn't have your NCoins deducted :P I have 2400 gone missing from my account and I am being ignored in both the support tickets and forums.. happy days! Oh yeah, without even being able to get the Chronicle pack

Its not a competition whos in the worst sitution. We are all in the same boat, waiting if we ever get the pack. Its not like we can use our coins and think we get the pack without funds.

Another day, as usual, where I am gonna be minus -65%-75% in experience gains compared to my clanmates thanks to Ncsoft. Not only I am -4 levels at least (30lvl now where I could be 34lvl+), but some clans began kicking low level players who stay behind in levels.

You shouldn't just fix the pack for us, but give us the lost experience too. And in case we will get kicked out of clans because of YOU, you are obliged to give us more huge benefits. All these actions I've said just now are just for balancing. Professional companies give more back to players than balancing actions.

• L2 Team

@Violar, can you provide me with a ticket number to the issue your experiencing?

We've had a few payment issues last week that we have resolved. Of course that's not saying that you still can't be experiencing an issue and it'll have to be reviewed on a case by case basis.

4 hours ago, Hime said:

@Violar, can you provide me with a ticket number to the issue your experiencing?

We've had a few payment issues last week that we have resolved. Of course that's not saying that you still can't be experiencing an issue and it'll have to be reviewed on a case by case basis.

I cannot believe you are suprised that we still have the problem. We have been told by support via our tickets that the support dont do anything about it. Take my bleep ncoins and give me the launch pack so i can play with my friends. Thats all i want. 

Archived