[News] Golden Compass Event

Hime

22 minutes ago, Argus said:

Look at him playing, terrible, slow, opening skill tab and mouse clicking, sometimes not moving at all taking tons of dps for no reason, he plays really bad, ofc he will fail

watch the video, watch 2nd boss, the boss did not have shield at all ? just spawned and no shield 

that shield is like buff u can interupt it

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

one more thing Omen..... you say to supports to abandon this event if you can't do it and go for dimensional warp.

All is fine but at dimensional warp we need to invest way more time than in this instance,you need a strong dd to help u kill the mobs and ofc afther that we need a lot of stones.

By the time i finish having a decent bracelet you already have to your op gear a bracelet 6 slot +15% m. atack added to already so high stats.

So me as a support(already 2-4 hits) when we meed in pvp or siege who will have more advantage afther all this nonsense of event?

The gap between top players and above average is getting bigger and bigger, that is why we have so many ppl complaining.

Please define the Total armament and the character level that this event is attended. 105? because 100 lvl character is impossible to complete? +12 weapon +10 armor?

In such a manner the developer of this event typical targets a specific group of players excluding democratically the rest of players that financially hurdle to survive. This could be an approach but it appears to be unsuccessful

8 minutes ago, Wintex said:

one more thing Omen..... you say to supports to abandon this event if you can't do it and go for dimensional warp.

All is fine but at dimensional warp we need to invest way more time than in this instance,you need a strong dd to help u kill the mobs and ofc afther that we need a lot of stones.

By the time i finish having a decent bracelet you already have to your op gear a bracelet 6 slot +15% m. atack added to already so high stats.

So me as a support(already 2-4 hits) when we meed in pvp or siege who will have more advantage afther all this nonsense of event?

The gap between top players and above average is getting bigger and bigger, that is why we have so many ppl complaining.

Every top DD already has a +5 STR/DEX/INT 6slot bracelet, most have it since years. There is not much difference between +5 stat and the new bracelet, you will not notice any difference in PVP after this event.

Yes this event is unfortunate for support classes I agree, it could have been implemented in a better way, we all hoped for an event that will make *everyone* happy and that is not the case.

BUT at least we see a lot of care and effort from @Juji and for me finally seeing care back in the game from official side outweights one "semi-good" event by far and should be appreciated by everyone.
HELL, it is exactly what we all wanted while Neutron/Conguero were here! Do you wanna know how many times and how long I was banned from the forum by Conguero for only critizising his (and Neutrons) abyssmal way of game-management? I think in the last half year there were more times I was banned than being able to post lolz. I'm bloody happy this has changed and we have an experienced producer back now that apparently loves the game and tries his best to make L2 better, tries to pick up the pieces that those two other guys left ....

And as I said, there is another option to get (almost) the same item in game, so go for that and don't be disappointed too much about it, this event isn't a gamechanger at all and it won't lead to a noticable "more" of imbalance.

34 minutes ago, Wintex said:

All is fine but at dimensional warp we need to invest way more time than in this instance

I missed that, here's some little tipps:
go Faeron Village from Gludio, go to the DimWarp NPC, stock up on BSOE, get a strong DD to help you, enter the instance, port to the highest floor you can, only kill the 1 or 2 questmobs in this floor, BSOE out, enter again, repeat. Number of quest mobs on each floor is random (0 - 2), if there is none, Bsoe and reenter again.

In this way you can do the quest for 6slot bracelet super fast, it can be done in a couple of days.

To farm the stones for the bracelet: pay higher amount of warp crystals and farm only floor 1 to 10.

Or buy the stones from the market, since last event there are many in AH and ppl. warehouses and prices are quite low, as some ppl. will make the new bracelet there might even more stones hit the market soon. With 5bil (cost from event to make the bracelet) you should be able to make your bracelet +5 unless you are very unlucky, I heard anything from 15 to 50 stones needed on average to hit +5. Good luck!

Well i agree we missed Juji and his attention to this game.(keep up the good work and maybe ppl will play once again this game)

However ppl are waiting long time for a nice event and we get this.

Ppl are even asking for pay to win events like shirt/circlet/jewls/aghations and we get this.

Ppl want red libra or some nice free events to farm on map with decent drop rates and fun items not OP just enough for the average players to catch up a tiny little bit .

What we got in this past month and half is nth.(exept classic server for nostalgic players) and some exp boost.

"We still miss the month preview BTW"(wold be nice to have once again if juji is back)

That is why ppl are so frustrated.

1 hour ago, OmenOfSteel said:

Or buy the stones from the market, since last event there are many in AH and ppl. warehouses and prices are quite low, as some ppl. will make the new bracelet there might even more stones hit the market soon. With 5bil (cost from event to make the bracelet) you should be able to make your bracelet +5 unless you are very unlucky, I heard anything from 15 to 50 stones needed on average to hit +5. Good luck!

Omen :) with current compound success rate i am not sure :) i trying many times and never goes more then +1 :P

33 minutes ago, FoToMoTo said:

Omen :) with current compound success rate i am not sure :) i trying many times and never goes more then +1 :P

I know one guy who need 15 stones, one guy needed 35 Stones.

I have used like 15 and best I made was +3.

edit: PS: You used your luck already for Skillpower thing :P

This event you will have +5% bracelet, next one +10%. I doubt that is the same thing as lvl5 dimentional. You gave good tips, but realy is this game only for dd classes? If you say "yes", you should to know mid-geared evi 101 lvl cannot finish this event instanse, for 101 iss it is very slow grind between healing and damage. And boss spawn minions every minute. Do not forgive damage reduction due level diffetence. I wanna say event has beed designed not for our case.

im yull 101 with +10 set R99 blessed R99 bow +12 3 sa skill's +20 dye lv 5 logingg etc what i miss is cloak pve and i cannot pass by first rb i have +5 dex on bracelet dimensional and i think is better then this 10% p atk what we need is some fun event no this instance farm item event from mob's buy from L2 store something but not this  i will realy like to try 1 more time that hatching dragon egg or hallowen event or some red libra to make something fun at pve farm no instance ty :)

@Juji 

Hello, 

i can understand that this instance is supposed to be hard and that is supposed not to let you go up to +10 with the first try. BUT I would strongly suggest not to extend the event. Simple reasoning: those who struggle to do it will get perhaps a +1-+2 bracelet and will be happy. But those who can easily farm it will take advantage of the extension and go for the +10, creating a huge gap between the intended help to be given and the outcome. 

Humble suggestions:

a)in case of extension: make the dungeon limited on entrances calculating a maximum enchantment point (for example 100 entries) 

b)provide the reward in three different stages: entry, 1st boss, completion. Entry can be something small like 10marks, 1st boss can be smth a bit more like 20 and the completion as it is. The reasoning behind this is that support classes and undergeared players will get at least somewhere before next time and also get the satisfaction and the feeling of not being ripped off or let behind. Or you can make the reward per stage up to completion. (1 mark per stage) 

This is intended to be a suggestion and in no case a complaint. I can make the instance on my tyrr just fine. So you can flame all you want :) 

hope this helps at least a bit 

have a nice day 

wish my stab have less cooldown like 2 sec, almost failed on 2nd run, was like 50 min long, this 5 sec cd ruin my damage. its not easy to be a othell on aoe instance like this.
My tactic its chase + bluff stab and run and hope i not die.
I have ok damage to all mob but because to many mobs i cant do nothing till i clean it up.

Juji can you ask dev team for do this instance with a gh? with bloody gear?

7 minutes ago, KissMyKnife said:

wish my stab have less cooldown like 2 sec, almost failed on 2nd run, was like 50 min long, this 5 sec cd ruin my damage. its not easy to be a othell on aoe instance like this.
My tactic its chase + bluff stab and run and hope i not die.
I have ok damage to all mob but because to many mobs i cant do nothing till i clean it up.

Juji can you ask dev team for do this instance with a gh? with bloody gear?

Kiss bro, no point ask more for same. Buy 20k euro gear and all will be fine, other way its tricky and need much much attention to success :)

1 minute ago, FoToMoTo said:

Kiss bro, no point ask more for same. Buy 20k euro gear and all will be fine, other way its tricky and need much much attention to success :)

you think that enough? nah :D even if i have bloody set, still die on mage mobs.on last rb.
there is no aoe on othell that i can use again group mobs.
as i said 1 mob 4 sec, so to kill 5 mob that 20 sec, even top gear cant stay so long :D i know i have fake death but still 1 mob its 4 sec.

Please please do not extend this event or even try to fix it for party etc. It is badly failed and only a top p2w can enjoys this.

please do red libra event again if you want all the players to enjoy l2 live server. That s fun event and can boost xp for everyone including non p2w

24 minutes ago, Fleur said:

Please please do not extend this event or even try to fix it for party etc. It is badly failed and only a top p2w can enjoys this.

please do red libra event again if you want all the players to enjoy l2 live server. That s fun event and can boost xp for everyone including non p2w

It is Ab surdo to pray them for pixels. Yeah, I am addicted to L2. But the fails with events and game imbalance can quickly purify any mind from this curse. There is many projects where developers think about game balance and where, if you pay, you do not feel like third sort people. We do not ask about pew-pew one shot weapons etc. We just want to reanimate this deadman. What they gonna do in future? Why am I still QQ here? I wanna invest in dynamic and interesting game not in the swamp.

Event is total BS for anyone not spending a fortune on gear.  As a level 100 archer with a +12 bow and +10 armor, I can finally make it to the first boss after several deaths but I do little to no damage to Votan.  He kills me within just a few hits. 

The playing field should have been a little more balanced for the different players looking to participate. 

This event will basically make the stronger players even stronger and leave the weaker players weaker.

Did anyone figure out how the rewards work? It seems to use korean logic :S

1st run: 18 waves and 1 death in 24 minutes.  Merkios killed in 80s. Reward 60 marks.

2nd run: 19 waves and 0 death in 21 minutes. Merkios killed in 50s. Reward 40 marks.

So the reward doesn't seem be based on waves completed, boss kill speed, nor number of deaths. What else could it be?

I know an ISS that succeded getting 60 marks at the same time I got 40 and it took her almost an hour. 

Is it completely random?

2 hours ago, Cothilian said:

Did anyone figure out how the rewards work? It seems to use korean logic :S

1st run: 18 waves and 1 death in 24 minutes.  Merkios killed in 80s. Reward 60 marks.

2nd run: 19 waves and 0 death in 21 minutes. Merkios killed in 50s. Reward 40 marks.

So the reward doesn't seem be based on waves completed, boss kill speed, nor number of deaths. What else could it be?

I know an ISS that succeded getting 60 marks at the same time I got 40 and it took her almost an hour. 

Is it completely random?

i dont know i success 3 time to stage 17 and always was get 40 mark.

Archived