Forums

[News] Golden Compass Event

Hime

On ‎10‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 2:49 AM, mixa said:

You're too low level

Hate to say it, but if a preponderance (~95%+) of the people that are level 100 - 102 can't finish it, then they ought to change the entry requirement, or tweak the mobs in a way that helps with completion rate. True, Kartia and other instances are much more difficult right at entry level, but they can be done and with average gear by a majority of the players. It just takes them longer. In fact, Kartia can be done even if you don't have R grade weapons and armor depending on the class. That's not the case here. Most of the people that do it easily are 104-105ish range and well-equipped with semi-stacked DD characters. Just for the heck of it, I tried it with a 100 Wynn, +7 Bloody Ret, +6 Eternal full element, Boss jewels, level 4 jewels all around, and GM buff scrolls with +6 STR p.atk nano. I figure most people are in this range of obtainable gear and tweaks. Needless to say, that character didn't finish it. I had to do it with my 101 Tyrr, who has ungodly equipment, +17 bloody slasher, +12 Eternal bloody full attributes, full +5 STR/CHA dyes, level 4 - 6 jewels, skills enchanted up the yin yang to max, every manner of top accessory and boost known to man or beast, etc., etc. It should not take all of that for the average person to participate and complete the instance at below 103. If it does, then tell the player base so, so that they can stop wasting their time and energy on this "event."

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could someone please tell me what decides on the 40 or 60 marks?

I have done the instance tonight, no different than I would any other night, and the first time I received 40 marks only. I was also at wave 26. I was out the instance in roughly 22 minutes. The amount of effort and energy used to put into this event for something like this to happen, makes me not want to. 

On 18/10/2018 at 5:13 AM, Juji said:

Discussing with Dev now on how we can improve the event to make it easier since we have jointly agreed it is too difficult. I also had some information to share for making it a bit easier to complete the event:

If you defeat all of the monsters as quickly as possible in a round, then the difficulty will continue to increase until the boss appears (higher difficulty = more rewards).

If you leave one or two monsters untouched during a round that is not challenging for you to clear and wait for the boss to appear, then the difficulty will not increase anymore.

I've done TWO Merkios’ Altar instances today. The first one I reach Stage 30 and get 40 Merkio's marks. The second one I reach Stage 28 and get 60 Merkio's marks. @Juji In any point of this thread (or website event description) says "do more stages and get less marks", it actually says the opposite... so... is there any good explanation for this?

I might as well just slack off a bit in this instance since it's korean random anyway?

P.S: Support ticket #22577635

1 hour ago, modnar said:

Could someone please tell me what decides on the 40 or 60 marks?

I have done the instance tonight, no different than I would any other night, and the first time I received 40 marks only. I was also at wave 26. I was out the instance in roughly 22 minutes. The amount of effort and energy used to put into this event for something like this to happen, makes me not want to. 

You're not alone... Apparently the server decided that today people should randomly get 40 marks O.o

Someone I know, who usually finds it difficult and very lucky to get 40 marks, got 60 marks today. Another char, who finds it easy, got 2x 40 rather than the usual 2x 60. Something odd happening...

Keep us posted on your support ticket please!

ISS HP 106, +10 bloody set, event weapon (emperor shunaimans), +10 pve cloak, +5 noble circlet pve, ruby 3, CD augument, self buff + criers harmony, B.Valakas, B Antharas, creation ring, earth ring, orfen soul

25-30 min,  stage 18, normal 40 items (2-3 min last boss)  rare 60 items (5-6 min last boss)

Evis 105, +10 bloody set, +12 Bloody fist 3sa, +10 pve cloak, +5 noble circlet pve, ruby 3, CD augument, NPC buff + criers harmony, B.Valakas, B Antharas, creation ring, earth ring, orfen soul

+-20 min, stage 18, +- 50/50  40 - 60 items

9 hours ago, modnar said:

Someone I know, who usually finds it difficult and very lucky to get 40 marks, got 60 marks today. Another char, who finds it easy, got 2x 40 rather than the usual 2x 60. Something odd happening...

Keep us posted on your support ticket please!

If I don't get a generic answer with the usual "we're sorry, we'll forward this to where no one will check, nothing will be changed, bye" :S

1 hour ago, Adri said:

Evis 105, +10 bloody set, +12 Bloody fist 3sa, +10 pve cloak, +5 noble circlet pve, ruby 3, CD augument, NPC buff + criers harmony, B.Valakas, B Antharas, creation ring, earth ring, orfen soul

+-20 min, stage 18, +- 50/50  40 - 60 items   

Gotta love this randomness on the rewards :/

Agreed.

Healer last night, got to stage 18 and received 60 marks.
I usually get to stage 25 to 26 and have usually get 60 marks. I've occasionally got to 27~28 and still got 60 marks. I once got 60 marks on stage 24. I've even taken a couple of minutes longer to kill the last boss and still got 60 marks.

Last night was strange. Stage 26 for me and only 40 marks, yet stage 18 for a healer got 60 marks. No mobs left behind before killing either of the bosses.

Total randomness?!!

8 minutes ago, Vaniliuke said:

Hmm.. finished event instance on 31st stage and rewarded with 40 coins... There is random reward no matter stage?:))

thera 3 types bosses of Merkios 1 gives 60 coins 2 gives 40 3 gives 25.

if you will notice there names are different. I mean main name is Merkios but above in green letters are different...

usually for me 1st boss appear during 7 - 8 round

i kill almost all mobs at 7 and leaving 1 than go to green circle and wait for boss when it raises i do aoe stun and interrupt shield so u do not need to do 100 hits

the last boss for me appears in 17 -18 round

i do the same leaving 1 mob and wait for boss appear, do stun aoe and interrupt his shield, it is more  easier to kill when no monsters around just rb.

and it works for me very well, and as i mentioned different last rb appears and you can know how much coins you will get,

but is it random or it depends from something i do not know.

Feoh 104,back on game after 3years almost naked toon... Gm buff scroll and int stew buff, +6 r99 set, cheap epic jewels, +8 bloody retri 1sa ,I do instance 50-55min and always get 60coins. 1st boss spawn 8-9wave second boss spawn 18-19wave and always 60coins. My only advice for not taking 60,happened to me only one time,be careful not to delay to kill a wave and one mob stay behind when next wave spawn,you are supposed to be weak you loose 60coin...even if you reach stage 50...If someone need advice on how to do easy on feoh I could help,pm me,other classes sorry cannot help.

• L2 Team
9 hours ago, modnar said:

Agreed.

Healer last night, got to stage 18 and received 60 marks.
I usually get to stage 25 to 26 and have usually get 60 marks. I've occasionally got to 27~28 and still got 60 marks. I once got 60 marks on stage 24. I've even taken a couple of minutes longer to kill the last boss and still got 60 marks.

Last night was strange. Stage 26 for me and only 40 marks, yet stage 18 for a healer got 60 marks. No mobs left behind before killing either of the bosses.

Total randomness?!!

Yes, it appears there is a random chance for receiving 60 or 40 marks. I am checking with Dev for further details.

You nabs don't care to do even little research on this, srsly waiting everything handled on a plate, gear from store, adena from selling ncoin items, instances to be handled by the staff, soon you're gonna ask how to wipe your ..... staff.

Since several days I've figured how to get constant 60 marks per run, but I`ll let Juji eventually tell you the trick xD

1 hour ago, Juji said:

Yes, it appears there is a random chance for receiving 60 or 40 marks. I am checking with Dev for further details.

Is there any chance to get the event extended again to four (4) more weeks Juji?   I basically gave up for awhile on this event, and took a break from L2 (I'm not the only one), when it became obvious that even a Level 105 DD with good gear (not great) had no chance.

After the bust with the Element event (players were spending 40 Bil on those to get 11%), then the Golden Compass, and then 130 USD to get the Dragon Shirts (3 strikes in a row) - lots of people dropped, and just hung out in Classic.

Now that we have a chance to actually finish the Golden Compass instance, it would be great to get another week to collect enough Marks to get more out of the event (and maybe enourage a few more players to give it a try, and stay awhile).

Thanks Juji.  We appreciate you working to help making the event more achievable.  If we could get a little extra time, it would be even more rewarding.

15 hours ago, GhostShadow said:

Please extend through December 1st. That way I have something to do on Thanksgiving weekend other than eat turkey.

Agreed.  Especially since we lost two weeks (unless you have $20k plus toon) at the beginning of the event.  Which was preceded by an event that you had to spend 30-40B adena to get the extra 11% damage, and then had to spend at least $130 USD (very little chance of getting any + for the shirts - no one i know got to +4...most ended up back at +0 or +1 with the 5 enchants).  Now that they finally made the Golden Compass more possible, some extra time would be useful.  A lot of players were frustrated with the last three events.

Archived