[News] Golden Compass Event

Hime

It is urgently needed to eliminate this type of events and put events that allow low and medium pj to cut distance with the top pjs.

Right now the new players either spend a fortune in dollars or they are nothing.

My question would be: How many people do you want to spend a fortune on getting equipped to play L2?

Currently one player same lvl 1 top equipped = 20+ players with equipment good

Altar instance now is harder than before (good for top players but others players??).

Server is dead. What actions do you intend to carry out in order to be able to save? -->> Only accion focus top players??

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finally made it all the way to the end and defeated Merkiss, or whatever his name is.  Like someone suggested, I did it on Tyr, not with my ISS or archer (main). I have middle of road equipment I guess. +8 Light Set. Shadow Weapon. But tons of talismans and pots. 

I got 40 coins only. Reward should be higher, both reward coins and the adena dropped. And there are way too many mobs, not counting the boss skill allowing it to summon even more mobs. Not impossible to kill once you get the pattern -- they spawn, you AOE -- but they are annoying.

Oh and maybe consider having Red Libra buff merchant parked next to Compass NPC to give hour long prophecy for a fee.

This event's mechanics is totally random which is sad a week ago did 2 instance first run 26th stage got 60 2nd run same 26th stage got 40 it will be nice if you guys extend the event for another month just to make sure everyone gets equal opportunity here :)  

31 minutes ago, RaistlinIII said:

Any word on whether we get another week for the Golden Compass event, or get to use passes 2x per day versus just one?

Please no, dont expand it.

It's getting hella boring to do this twice a day already.

Better just bring it back in some months.

Better remove this exclusive p2w event and start one for all the players. Cause 95% of ppl can't do this. Not all are lv 105+ with billions of adena invested on weapons, armors, shirts, talismans, artifacts, jewells,dyes,cape, etc to be able to finish this.

12 minutes ago, OmenOfSteel said:

Please no, dont expand it.

It's getting hella boring to do this twice a day already.

Better just bring it back in some months.

You are free to do it or not. but, I'm agree with you... is boring.

+1 Compass Event for one week more.

2 minutes ago, vicinni said:

Better remove this exclusive p2w event and start one for all the players. Cause 95% of ppl can't do this. Not all are lv 105+ with billions of adena invested on weapons, armors, shirts, talismans, artifacts, jewells,dyes,cape, etc to be able to finish this.

Sorry to say, but looks like NCWest no need fresh blood.

• L2 Team

There are no plans to extend the Golden Compass event since we already pushed it back a week from the original end date. The Dev team's intentions for this event in Korea and other regions was to run it multiple times, so players could eventually get to a +10 Bracelet. We will run it again in the future with additional modifications and more detailed information to prevent having another rocky start.

3 hours ago, Juji said:

There are no plans to extend the Golden Compass event since we already pushed it back a week from the original end date. The Dev team's intentions for this event in Korea and other regions was to run it multiple times, so players could eventually get to a +10 Bracelet. We will run it again in the future with additional modifications and more detailed information to prevent having another rocky start.

Thank you for the update Juji.  Please see if we can run the event again soon (also with the option to do it 2x per day again) - if possible, by Christmas break :)

On 11/6/2018 at 7:06 PM, Jinkariya said:

This event's mechanics is totally random which is sad a week ago did 2 instance first run 26th stage got 60 2nd run same 26th stage got 40 it will be nice if you guys extend the event for another month just to make sure everyone gets equal opportunity here :)  

It is not random. The version of Melkios you get (I believe) is directly linked to how fast you can kill the mobs at the boss stage which for me, Wynn 103 is always stage 18 from day 1. I discovered this last week and am consistently getting 60 marks for each run. You don't even have to kill all the mobs, just as many as you can as quickly as you can till (Beserk) Melkios spawns. When the boss spawns the remaining mobs don't matter any more so if you need to immediately BSOE out, get buffed, go back in and (if your pdef is ok) lure him somewhere free of remaining mobs and put your back to the wall so he can't push you away (melee DDs) to finish him off.

Now if you're a P2W DD none of this matters since you can finish everything off in quick time but for support classes and those who can't deal fantastic damage IGNORE the Beserkers and kill as many Servants/Archers/Soldiers/Seers/Wraiths (Seers also have a bit more HP but they've never been a problem for me) as you can till the boss spawns. The Beserkers are basically tanks that have been put in there to delay and mess with you. They don't do much damage anyway as far as I've observed but I think they can also knock you down. Only once have I ever killed every single mob before Beserk Melkios spawned, the rest of the time he spawns after I've killed something like maybe 10 or so mobs.

Also I believe you will only get EAR/BEAR etc. from the Beserk version of Votan. So far I only got him 3 times and got 2 EARs and a BEAR. Not sure exactly how to get Beserk Votan consistently, it's always been random for me no matter how differently I play.

Hope this helps.. it seems to work for me. Be sure to kill everything in every stage before the boss stage too, at least I do not want to know what the consequences are for missing a mob in the stages prior to Melkios ^_^

The number of coins is indeed tied to the boss you get:

So far I have gotten 60 coins each run, always had the boss "Berserker Grand Wizard Melkios".

One time I've done too much chatting, I died once, maybe I also left a mob alive at some stage. I reached stage 25 but got "Grand Wizard Melkios" (without the "Berserker") and was rewarded 40 coins.

55 minutes ago, Draecke said:

nah it's random

Perhaps. In any case, you and Omen are both higher in level and do far more stages than me so maybe for lowbies things are different. The mobs at the final boss stage are yellow to me and Beserk Melkios is red so maybe I'm getting a better reward for difficulty. Who can say?

Archived