[News] Golden Compass Event

Hime

1 hour ago, Juji said:

I have spawned GM Buff helper Bora next to the Event NPCs to give out full GM buffs until 10/24. The Bora NPC menu got messed up with another region's HTML, so please disregard the NPC's first dialogue.

Aaaaand it`s gone.

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

can fishish after 4 dead(res healer outside) buff bora and some pom, 25 marks? na really ill be nice the event is a fail, bring better horse or something like that this event is just for top player for make them more powerfull no more. more pvp DEAD if exist, u dont see or what? xD i think not

16 hours ago, OmenOfSteel said:

Guys, relax a little bit.

I understand every frustration in this thread as I had high hopes for this event and I'm very disappointed too, but it's unfair saying "since Classic is up they don't care for live servers" etc.

@Juji replied several times already here and he's already checking for a solution.

Now tell me: In all the years under Neutron/Conguero, did you EVER see as much care as we get now? There was ZERO care for any of our problems (Fishpocalpyse...), instead we had P2W insanity without end, both led to an exodus of players and the shrinking down to only 2 servers.

NCSoft reacted (late, very late...) and kicked the old 100% clueless and careless nightmare of a producer and community manager (that's just my guess , we dont know what happend) and gave us new dedicated ppl. that love the game.
Now we see a lot of communication, we see a lot of enthusiasm and care and we see that we get fast answers and reactions to our feedback (or tears), so stop doomsday preachi
ng and give them some days to fix this Instance/Event now, they deserve that.

Needed fixes are:
- make the mobs easier so that at least an average geared lv 103 Support (+ 10 weapon, +8 set) can do it. Right now on NAIA only MAX and DH have no problems doing this instance and of course some top players from other clans too. But all in all it's unfair and very frustration for the majority of the playerbase, which is exactly not what we need.
- either double the coins dropped, or double the duration this event stays on our servers, so ppl. can make their +10 Bracelets at least if they do the instance twice/day.

Agree!!!!!!
finally we have a GM, that's how I feel.

45min no died, killing all mobs Wynn 102, Bloody set+8, bloody retry+12, only have opal and ruby lv3 and Virgo lv4, and low epics, i no have Talisman Abundance, seven sing, bless valakas, bless antharas, or any cloak or special shirt, and no finish the second part of exalted quest, .. No is impossible for a wynn on my low gear.

3 hours ago, Juji said:

Dev just tested it with level 101 Cardinal with +8 Bloody set and +5 Bloody Weapon and Rose buff.

@Juji have you even noticed than most of the players dont have a +6 eternal set cause of the gap between f2p players an cash players? testing an instance with bloody weapons/set its like calling ppl to open the wallet and use money for make it. thats not funny...if you put a "event" instance for 100+ ppl make with normal/decent gear, or close it until your drunk dev team rework all for all and no for cash players

50 minutes ago, Juji said:

:(

I need to use a different NPC, cannot keep her up for long :(:(

Thanks for trying everything to help us, much appreciated!!  The solutions given earlier are very welcome and I'm even more happy for the shown care,something we forgot is possible on L2 NC West :)  Great job !

To all ppl. not able to do this instance because they have too low level, not enough gear, a wrong class or not enough adena:

Go farm Dimensional Warp, you will get a level 6 slot there FOR FREE and if you farm long enough you'll also get the Stones to make your new 6slot bracelet to +5 (any stat you want) also for free (upgrading is rough, but doable).

So even if I can understand some are disappointed, be aware you can get almost exactly the same item from within the game, this event is just a "shortcut" nothing more and nothing gamebreaking or gamechanging, so just ignore the event and get your item by other means, really not the end of the world.

Lets face it - and it's not Juji's fault.  This is an even worse event than the last, and another NCSoft event to please the whales.  NCSoft care absolutely nothing about any players, other than the top 5-10% that are spending $20,000 plus on their toons.  it's that siimple.

You have a level 105 Caster, Bloody +12 weapon, +10 armory, okay jewels (+3 to +4), some good boss jewels, +10 Ferios cloak (but not the other big bonus items - like +6 jewels, +15 cloaks, +11% damage, high boss jewels, or anything fancy from the other P2W events) - that can't get to the end of the event.

No chance for support classes, even those with expensive toons, to get through.  It's rediculous - just another example of NCSoft pandering to the uber rich players (at least those foolish enough to spend well over $10k on pixels) with hours to play each day.  It's honestly just sad and pathetic that L2 has come to this.

Last event you had to spend 40-50 Billion Adena (you all know that's the truth of it) to get hat +11% damage.

Now this event - unless you have a top-geared DD, meaning like $20,000 plus invested, you have no chance.

Once again, NCSoft is separating the top 5-10% (which soon will become most of what's left - with all their boxed toons, support accounts, etc.), and the rest of the population will wither away even more.  It's basically starting to put the "nail in the coffin"

45 Billion adena to get anything out of the last event.  Have to be a $20,000 toon with no life to get anything out of this event.

We're going down to 1 server here soon - you can count on it, with these kind of events that basically tell everyone else not to waste your time and money here.  There's only one place to go from there.

If you're thinking of playing L2, or sticking around much longer - don't waste your time here.  No one cares - NCSoft only cares if you're willing to spend a rediculous amount of money, and it's definitely a losing proposition - from a cost-benefit analysis, L2 is now clearly a waste of time.  If you're thinking of starting to play L2 - Live or Classic - don't waste your time.  There's plenty of other things to do - if you value your time or hard earned money.  Move on.

1 hour ago, OmenOfSteel said:

Thanks for trying everything to help us, much appreciated!!  The solutions given earlier are very welcome and I'm even more happy for the shown care,something we forgot is possible on L2 NC West :)  Great job !

To all ppl. not able to do this instance because they have too low level, not enough gear, a wrong class or not enough adena:

Go farm Dimensional Warp, you will get a level 6 slot there FOR FREE and if you farm long enough you'll also get the Stones to make your new 6slot bracelet to +5 (any stat you want) also for free (upgrading is rough, but doable).

So even if I can understand some are disappointed, be aware you can get almost exactly the same item from within the game, this event is just a "shortcut" nothing more and nothing gamebreaking or gamechanging, so just ignore the event and get your item by other means, really not the end of the world.

Why you wrote this ROFL?

Most of characters no need 6 slot bracelet. But all of them need +5% pdef/mdef. Your advice looks like "if you want some gear, go fk yourself".

Do you understand these bracelets will rise imbalance? And you can get them only at the event time.

just delete this event... its getting annoing to most of us!

i guess they have cameras inside this instance and  records every bsoe or deaths for the developers to watch and laugh of us xD

it will be a funny event someone said....

no offence to Juji your doing amazing work thanks for your support, but overall we are not happy most of us with this event...

Feoh 103 (+20bl apo, +10 bl. R99 set, WB jewell - b.valakas,s.baium .... cloak, longing, abudence 1 ....)

Wednesday: 1-10 round NP... next time: sonata off = death - new enter with npc buf on 1hrs .... first boss ok. 10-17 round carefully but np.

second boss is red - damage from him 3k, i do him 600 - 6572 = fail.

Thursday : i make lvl 104  - 1 - 18 round NP - second boss is yellow - damage from him 2,5k, i do him 800 - 21500 = run on next 40 min and 3 death, last me death he had RAGE (how boss in kartia), i enter back to instance and boss have back 50% hp ... I better unlog and off this game.

Maybe on lvl 105 is chance.

And y Tyrr Grand Khavatari 105 have super single damage, can not be compared with feoh.

3 hours ago, LordDragnil said:

Why you wrote this ROFL?

Most of characters no need 6 slot bracelet. But all of them need +5% pdef/mdef. Your advice looks like "if you want some gear, go fk yourself".

Do you understand these bracelets will rise imbalance? And you can get them only at the event time.

No, this item will not rise any significant imbalance lolz.

Get your Dimensional +5 CON or +5 CHA bracelet and there won't be much difference compared to this new item.

What rises imbalance are items like +15 or +18 cloaks, +5 radiant circlets and lv6 Brooch Jewels. These items are way to OP and way to expensive to get for the average player.

A mere 5% Pdef/Mdef while sacrificing +5 CON/CHA changes nothing/zero/nada/niente/nix. Same for the Patk (instead STR/DEX) or Matk (instead INT).

I do agree that the event could have been more fair for all classes, but it really isn't a big problem in the end. If you can't do the event, go farm DimWarp and get (almost) the same item. If you have a good DD friend to help you you'll be able to farm DimWarp Bracelet easy long before this Golden Compass event expires.

9 hours ago, Neno said:

If they tested  so how with +10 bloody  set  +12 BLOODY WEPON 105 lvl still fail ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuIBqYDQJ4I&feature=youtu.be

Look at him playing, terrible, slow, opening skill tab and mouse clicking, sometimes not moving at all taking tons of dps for no reason, he plays really bad, ofc he will fail

56 minutes ago, Azulas said:

Tyrr Grand Khavatari 105 run

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxcQMM0Ts1M

watch the video, watch 2nd boss, the boss did not have shield at all ? just spawned and no shield 

12 hours ago, HandsVSkills said:

Btw 9 pages of complains and there answer was everything is fine . 

This quotes here below mean "everything is fine" in your world? You probably have a high lvl of autism so I'll help you to see what happened "in reality" so far. Thank me later.

One day after launch of event:

On 18.10.2018 at 12:45 AM, Juji said:

I am discussing with Dev what can be done to address all of the concerns brought up here and other issues with this event. Apologies :(

still first day after event launched:

On 18.10.2018 at 7:13 AM, Juji said:

Discussing with Dev now on how we can improve the event to make it easier since we have jointly agreed it is too difficult. I also had some information to share for making it a bit easier to complete the event:

If you defeat all of the monsters as quickly as possible in a round, then the difficulty will continue to increase until the boss appears (higher difficulty = more rewards).

If you leave one or two monsters untouched during a round that is not challenging for you to clear and wait for the boss to appear, then the difficulty will not increase anymore.

2nd day after event launched:

9 hours ago, Juji said:

1. I will discuss further with the dev team to see if we can extend the event.
2. After my discussion with the dev team last night, it was their intention to make the event difficult and only allow up to a +7 enchant on the Bracelet since they mentioned it was ran several times in Korea. I will see what I can do from my side to either give a free bundle of marks or get the event extended for an additional week.
3. There are no plans from Dev side to make it a party instance as it would require a complete overhaul of the event.

Upcoming Changes to Golden Compass Event:

• We will be adjusting the Mysterious Herb to drop from all monsters and increase the herb's effect to P. Atk. 100%, M. Atk. 400% next week.
  • Accessory Solvent item will be removed from the NPC rewards list.
  • The Crystal of Determination will be removed from the monster drop list and replaced with a Wind Vitality Tonic.
  • An exchange option will be added on the Event NPC to exchange the Crystal of Determination item for 1 Wind Vitality Tonic during the event period.
  • We will delete the Crystal of Determination item when the event ends.

Note: I will update this thread immediately if anything changes above.

8 hours ago, Juji said:

I have spawned GM Buff helper Bora next to the Event NPCs to give out full GM buffs until tonight. The Bora NPC menu got messed up with another region's HTML, so please disregard the NPC's first dialogue.

6 hours ago, Juji said:

:(

I need to use a different NPC, cannot keep her up for long :(:(

Archived