[News] Golden Compass Event

Hime

Edit: This instruction is mainly for people who are entry level or don't have great equipment.

Whatever you do, kill the archers first and the ranged mage attackers next. You can pretty much outrun the rest and kill the lot of them by attrition even if you have average gear. And take heal pots. Lots of Super Juice heal pots.

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 08/11/2018 at 4:36 PM, Draecke said:

nah it's random as I've always gotten Beserk Melkios and sofar now it has happen that I've gotten 3x only 40 marks from it so meh...

meh, it's not random, since like 2 weeks now I'm always getting Berserk one and it always gives me 60 marks, you're confused, since the normal one gives 40 and there is a lesser version that gives 25.

Make your research better.

The last 4 times that I did it I got the Merkis Grand Wizard thingie, or whatever it's called. 60 coins each time. It usually appears around the 14th or 15th wave for me.

Also, for those looking for strategies, you don't really need one. You can BSOE at any time and reenter. You can rebuff and heal up outside before reentering, so have your buffbot parked in Gludin ready to give your prophecies, battle rhapsody, whatever. When you go back in, you can cherry pick which ones to kill. I agree about killing the ranged attack types first, since they're the only ones you can't really outrun. Otherwise, it's simple and straightford. They only aggro you once you attack them after reentering, so plan your attack and wipe them out.

Once the sub-boss and boss appear, you don't need to attack the regular mobs. Focus on boss and spawns. If AOE, make sure you lure boss to an open area away from the regular mobs that you didn't kill. If they get caught in your AOE only then will they attack you.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi and THX VM

mb its my own fault, since i didint buyed all nessesary reenter passes for Golden Compass Event Instance at some point.

Now im left with +9 Bracelet and 230 coin's, usualy thought i could do again today 120 coin's to make it +10, but since u

reworked the nc-store this morning and not with serverdown .... this is not posible anymore because there are no passes

left to buy.

THX VM again

not sure why i still thought some stuff here is made with logic .... but as so many times be4 we just got disapointed.

1 hour ago, Helv said:

Indeed, the strongest got even stronger while the rest, who could not make it, got weaker by not improving.

You're wrong, the "semi-top" players improved more.

The TOP players all had +5 stat 6slot bracelet long before Golden Compass. Yes, they now will have a little higher stat on +9/+10 Bracelet, so yes they improved a bit.

The semi-TOP players, that could finish the instance, mostly did not have a 6slot bracelet before Golden Compass. But many could make it now. The 6slot alone can be a big boost. So it actually closed the gap even if you could "only" make a +3 or +5 bracelet.

Problem are support classes that don't have a DD dual. These were ignored and locked out from this event almost completely. Bad design.

3 hours ago, OmenOfSteel said:

You're wrong, the "semi-top" players improved more.

The TOP players all had +5 stat 6slot bracelet long before Golden Compass.

Top, semi-top... it does not make any difference from the mid-geared player's perspective who were excluded from the event.

They just need to bring this event back again in January or something, slightly tweaked for class. That way healers and other non-DD types can have fun, too. And plus, not many people in my clan had time to do the instance that much and didn't get +3 or higher on the bracelet. We're an older working clan, so logging everyday for more than 30-45 minutes is tough. But if this event is offered enough times they can get it. 

• Hime unpinned this topic

Archived