[News] Golden Compass Event

Hime

2 hours ago, Juji said:

Discussing with Dev now on how we can improve the event to make it easier since we have jointly agreed it is too difficult. I also had some information to share for making it a bit easier to complete the event:

Guys, relax a little bit.

I understand every frustration in this thread as I had high hopes for this event and I'm very disappointed too, but it's unfair saying "since Classic is up they don't care for live servers" etc.

@Juji replied several times already here and he's already checking for a solution.

Now tell me: In all the years under Neutron/Conguero, did you EVER see as much care as we get now? There was ZERO care for any of our problems (Fishpocalpyse...), instead we had P2W insanity without end, both led to an exodus of players and the shrinking down to only 2 servers.

NCSoft reacted (late, very late...) and kicked the old 100% clueless and careless nightmare of a producer and community manager (that's just my guess , we dont know what happend) and gave us new dedicated ppl. that love the game.
Now we see a lot of communication, we see a lot of enthusiasm and care and we see that we get fast answers and reactions to our feedback (or tears), so stop doomsday preachi
ng and give them some days to fix this Instance/Event now, they deserve that.

Needed fixes are:
- make the mobs easier so that at least an average geared lv 103 Support (+ 10 weapon, +8 set) can do it. Right now on NAIA only MAX and DH have no problems doing this instance and of course some top players from other clans too. But all in all it's unfair and very frustration for the majority of the playerbase, which is exactly not what we need.
- either double the coins dropped, or double the duration this event stays on our servers, so ppl. can make their +10 Bracelets at least if they do the instance twice/day.

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Juji said:

Discussing with Dev now on how we can improve the event to make it easier since we have jointly agreed it is too difficult. I also had some information to share for making it a bit easier to complete the event:

If you defeat all of the monsters as quickly as possible in a round, then the difficulty will continue to increase until the boss appears (higher difficulty = more rewards).

If you leave one or two monsters untouched during a round that is not challenging for you to clear and wait for the boss to appear, then the difficulty will not increase anymore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvNe34wVlNo&feature=youtu.be&t=284

At this Video 13:25 min you can see, he get 851b XP. We get just 141b XP from this instance.

That cant be just a NA server version thing. Why we get such a big cut???

event for all 100+ ??

on lvl 95 u can too go solo kartia95 but is this difficult ... but healer,iss,tank or super low craft this in the end give.

here top-middle eq and lvl 103 and no chance...

Make this event really for all, low dps = low rewand  - high dps = high rewand (30-60 coin) this is fair, y but event for 30 top player is on nothing.

--------------------------------------

Next problem:

ALL SUPER TOP PLAYER now give coin, NC team this repair for 3-4 day? SUPER TOP PLAYER have 4x120coin and other?? ... nothing, but problem is fix, why do not you try events with the given equipment and for support character? Why run event on nothing? Speedy work is on sh it.

IN czech language - Práce kvapná je hovno platná!

How is it that I finished this instance twice on my Iss and both times I only got 25 marks each time. rewards should be the same as everyone else if u finish the instance. this is so unfair to support classes who struggle to finish the instance.Its not just 1 or 2 marks.....25 versus 40 or 60 is too much of a difference.

1 hour ago, Aribo said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvNe34wVlNo&feature=youtu.be&t=284

At this Video 13:25 min you can see, he get 851b XP. We get just 141b XP from this instance.

That cant be just a NA server version thing. Why we get such a big cut???

That's Korean PTS server aka that runs on special XP server boost settings and can't be compared which is why I asked earlier in this topic what the NCWest XP reward values would be without any kind of XP boost

now with regards of the mobs difficulty I will try to add my experience on this which hopefully clarifies what Juji meant: as I'm 106+ Tyrant with top gear I killed the minion mobs so fast they eventually went from green to yellow for me and actually started to hurt - yellow at 106 means 108+ - but the final raid level remains the same

if you want max reward you will indeed atm have to kill everything as fast as possible so for most support or average geared players this is just not possible and as explained by many other ppl here nobody will get a +10 bracelet under the current settings so that really should be clarified by NC Staff as if the rates will be adjusted and/or this instance will become a bi-monthly or the like occurrence then sure we can see the point to keep plowing away at it as eventually everyone will get enough marks to upgrade their bracelet to stage 10 BUT that also means that when the event ends those marks CAN NOT be deleted/removed!!

also again please note what Juji said, see below, on the re-entry time

3 minute re-entry time on instance.

Instance zone expires 1 minute after death.

so many crys really its not that hard if you know how to play.
-Take Newbie buff its only 3m and you get 1 hour sonata
-take lv2 knight if you have low def
-keep 1 archer for strong mob not spawn
-play wise, use fast skill to remove barrier, feoh use the fastest skill, othell use clone, iss tyrr use fist and so on, its easy to reach 150 hit.
-just think better, use hp pots, you probable have hp pot somewhere so use it.

I have middle gear on othell and i was finish 2nd run in 40 min, first 1 was failed. but 2nd was success it,

30 minutes ago, KissMyKnife said:

so many crys really its not that hard if you know how to play.
-Take Newbie buff its only 3m and you get 1 hour sonata
-take lv2 knight if you have low def
-keep 1 archer for strong mob not spawn
-play wise, use fast skill to remove barrier, feoh use the fastest skill, othell use clone, iss tyrr use fist and so on, its easy to reach 150 hit.
-just think better, use hp pots, you probable have hp pot somewhere so use it.

I have middle gear on othell and i was finish 2nd run in 40 min, first 1 was failed. but 2nd was success it,

Agree but only if you are dd class, if you are not fast at killing RB like iss/aeore/tanker he quickly spawn tons of mobs and you are doomed :)

Anyway with this way you get low amount of q items, so you put a lot effort to get at the end braclet +1/+2 = waste of time.

Sorry for going a bit off the main topic, but given we started to get attention (thumbs up!), I'd also like to add that this instance yet again proved to me how broken the wynn class is. Being a wynn 104 with a +12 pve weapon and +6 R99 light set I was not able to make it. (My dual is a healer so I'm not even gonna try...)

As many wynns on this forum pointed out, if the class cannot be fixed, we'd love to be able to change our main class. This event instance is an example of what is coming in the next update and it seems that no new game content is for wynns. Even now wynns are kicked out of most party rooms and on forums you can read guidance such as 'don't join any parties where you see a wynn' (not that I blame them). I created my character in 2006 and I invested too much time and effort to simply reroll, not to mention a lot of my gear cannot be traded. (And no, I cannot focus on my dual healer because since maintenance on Sept 12th I am getting constant lagspikes and I can't play a healer at all).

36 minutes ago, FoToMoTo said:

Agree but only if you are dd class, if you are not fast at killing RB like iss/aeore/tanker he quickly spawn tons of mobs and you are doomed :)

Anyway with this way you get low amount of q items, so you put a lot effort to get at the end braclet +1/+2 = waste of time.

rb can stuned so casting summon mob cast can be canceled.

There is something wrong with the mark rewards.Yesterday 1st run , wasn't great, died once and got 60 marks.Second run was better, all mobs killed etc, gave me 40 makrs....

Today 1st run done in 12 min, 40 marks, no mobs leftover or anything, didn't die - > 40 makrs.Second run maybe a bit faster than first -> 40 marks.

Dafuq is going on?

3 minutes ago, KissMyKnife said:

rb can stuned so casting summon mob cast can be canceled.

If you interrupt him , the minions spawn instantly.

7 hours ago, Juji said:

If you defeat all of the monsters as quickly as possible in a round, then the difficulty will continue to increase until the boss appears (higher difficulty = more rewards).

If you leave one or two monsters untouched during a round that is not challenging for you to clear and wait for the boss to appear, then the difficulty will not increase anymore.

Thank you @Juji and staff for looking into this. I do have a few questions.

1. Will the event duration be extended to take into account that many people are unable to currently participate due to the difficulty?
  2. Will the rewards be adjusted so that the top (+10) bracelet is potentially achievable?
    • Currently if you do the math on the days of event vs max reward only +7 is potentially achievable (that's 2x instances a day every single day of the promotion while also receiving maximum reward every day.)
  3. Is there any consideration to, rather than adjusting the difficulty of the instance, making the instance a single party instance and allowing all characters in the party to receive the reward?
    • Currently I have seen people take up to an hour per run, with strong DDs still taking 20-30 minutes to complete this. Given that Lineage is an MMO I would hope group activities would be more widely encouraged than solo activities. Taking 1-2 hours every single day to solo an event eats into the majority of many people's play time. I know many of the people I play with (myself included) can only afford 1-3 hours of play a few nights a week due to work and other life responsibilities.

43 minutes ago, Helv said:

Many wynns on this forum pointed out, if the class cannot be fixed, we'd love to be able to change our main class.

I highly doubt we will ever get a mainclass change. But soon there should be another red libra, maybe think about to change your healer dual to something you wanna play as new main and just abandon the wynn.

52 minutes ago, mixa said:

There is something wrong with the mark rewards.Yesterday 1st run , wasn't great, died once and got 60 marks.Second run was better, all mobs killed etc, gave me 40 makrs....

Today 1st run done in 12 min, 40 marks, no mobs leftover or anything, didn't die - > 40 makrs.Second run maybe a bit faster than first -> 40 marks

Same here first try was failed yesterday, 2nd try was 40, today was success 1st instance and get 25, at night will do second, will try everything i can and will tell you how much mark i can get.

Seems drop rate lowered.

Event for 100 + really? maybe you can tell its for 105-107 + ppl with many many billions gear.Just make it instance for a party and increase  marks  or its a fail event except if you just want to make strong ppl stronger and thats it .As a feoh 105 with alot items i died many times to get 40 marks , remove the barrier from boss and fix mobs dmg to half   I wont pay so many b and loose so many hours in there for nothing sorry.

9 hours ago, Juji said:

sorry but that dont work the mobs have very decent damage, archer more, and boss hit in aoe so as a wym i can heal myself and pets imposible 30 seconds spawm mobs kill mobs again kill mobs again no posible to normal gear shadow weapon set+6 102 rose knight pom full buff neee. try other event the mobs drops something.. very fail

if you put an "event" with no test at all, then dont put it. supports like me cant do it(have decent gear, full buff, etc etc etc), i try as a wynn(my dual) and same...i stop do it cause is a waste of time, adena and items for nothing

Archived