[News] Golden Compass Event

Hime

2 hours ago, Argus said:

seems marks reward is random - did 2 runs, ~ same time 20 min or so with yul got 2x40 

some ppl do the instance slowly - 40-50 min and die, still they get 60 .. no logic as always, Korean random 

You done that instance too quickly obviously.

For every minute in the instance you get 2 marks i guess?

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

to summarize event problems

1.  its only lvl 100+ and all faces same instance (probably should be made 99-104 and 105+ so ppl can get easy mode with low rewards and hard mode with beter ones)
  2. difficulty is to hard its impossible for new or even older player to get any rewards if they don't have good gear and by good gear i mean +10r99 or +8blody set and +12 bloody weapons and other stuff accordingly with lover items its fast death for most classes.
  3. rewards are so random ( i heard someone got only 25 coins even after he killed all) its impossible to get top bracelet with rewards like this max +7 but probably +6 or +5
  4. no rewards or xp for killing mobs only boss drops something.

so overall event idea is good but we got it so unpolished it became bad event who is viable only for top players with really good gear

10 hours ago, Juji said:

Discussing with Dev now on how we can improve the event to make it easier since we have jointly agreed it is too difficult. I also had some information to share for making it a bit easier to complete the event:

If you defeat all of the monsters as quickly as possible in a round, then the difficulty will continue to increase until the boss appears (higher difficulty = more rewards).

If you leave one or two monsters untouched during a round that is not challenging for you to clear and wait for the boss to appear, then the difficulty will not increase anymore.

@Juji@Hime

U talk to devs?? u saying it as they would work in other company and you did well to tell them something that is the 1st thing, another one is, do u even test event or YOLO place something from KR and let see what gonna happen??

50 minutes ago, dsdse said:

@Juji@Hime

U talk to devs?? u saying it as they would work in other company and you did well to tell them something that is the 1st thing, another one is, do u even test event or YOLO place something from KR and let see what gonna happen??

They are bussy with the transfers ( week after week something is happening ) and classic . Btw 9 pages of complains and there answer was everything is fine . 

11 hours ago, Juji said:

Discussing with Dev now on how we can improve the event to make it easier since we have jointly agreed it is too difficult. I also had some information to share for making it a bit easier to complete the event:

If you defeat all of the monsters as quickly as possible in a round, then the difficulty will continue to increase until the boss appears (higher difficulty = more rewards).

If you leave one or two monsters untouched during a round that is not challenging for you to clear and wait for the boss to appear, then the difficulty will not increase anymore.

Still have question about rewards - is 25\40\60 coins are just randomly reward, or all depend on time of killing mobs?

because all strong DDs around have got 60*2 , less strong 40\60*2 and  that few supports, which survived - 25\40*2 coins.   Again supports are scapegoals

@Juji @Hime I know you are busy with this thing Classic....but we, players from live servers, kept NcSoft floating many years.
Pls fix this event...The problem is with those minions who hit very very hard. I mean I have bloody set, good 3 sa weapon, jewels,pve cloak, etc and I died 6-7 times per round..aka round 0.5% exp loose per round at 103 lvl....and I got ony 25 marks.....rly?
I just cant imagine a character 100 lvl doing this instance without draon weapon and ultimate items....for this you made this event???
Event is for all 100 +...healers,enchanters,tanks,dd. Pls do your magic so every play can finish this instance.

So way this has to be event ?Way not a full constant instance were pl that are low lvl can have the chance in the future to do it ?Pl that dont have so good gear can do it?Pl that are doing it at the moment chance to have +10? and this can apply for jewls and shirt . I dont see any of this to be a non good for the players and ncsoft .

Well said omenofstel ,nice to see some activity from staff team gg guys good job ,a bit more concern for the players its all we need .I agree whit the main class change help the players to enjoy the game ,balance a bit the gap and the server will be back whit pl (customers) .

1 minute ago, mrdmg32 said:

Well said omenofstel ,nice to see some activity from staff team gg guys good job ,a bit more concern for the players its all we need .I agree whit the main class change help the players to enjoy the game ,balance a bit the gap and the server will be back whit pl (customers) .

It's difficult to get back disappointed people..

• L2 Team
7 hours ago, Victra said:

Thank you @Juji and staff for looking into this. I do have a few questions.

1. Will the event duration be extended to take into account that many people are unable to currently participate due to the difficulty?
  2. Will the rewards be adjusted so that the top (+10) bracelet is potentially achievable?
    • Currently if you do the math on the days of event vs max reward only +7 is potentially achievable (that's 2x instances a day every single day of the promotion while also receiving maximum reward every day.)
  3. Is there any consideration to, rather than adjusting the difficulty of the instance, making the instance a single party instance and allowing all characters in the party to receive the reward?
    • Currently I have seen people take up to an hour per run, with strong DDs still taking 20-30 minutes to complete this. Given that Lineage is an MMO I would hope group activities would be more widely encouraged than solo activities. Taking 1-2 hours every single day to solo an event eats into the majority of many people's play time. I know many of the people I play with (myself included) can only afford 1-3 hours of play a few nights a week due to work and other life responsibilities.

1. I will discuss further with the dev team to see if we can extend the event.
2. After my discussion with the dev team last night, it was their intention to make the event difficult and only allow up to a +7 enchant on the Bracelet since they mentioned it was ran several times in Korea. I will see what I can do from my side to either give a free bundle of marks or get the event extended for an additional week.
3. There are no plans from Dev side to make it a party instance as it would require a complete overhaul of the event.

Upcoming Changes to Golden Compass Event:

• We will be adjusting the Mysterious Herb to drop from all monsters and increase the herb's effect to P. Atk. 100%, M. Atk. 400% next week.
  • Accessory Solvent item will be removed from the NPC rewards list.
  • The Crystal of Determination will be removed from the monster drop list and replaced with a Wind Vitality Tonic.
  • An exchange option will be added on the Event NPC to exchange the Crystal of Determination item for 1 Wind Vitality Tonic during the event period.
  • We will delete the Crystal of Determination item when the event ends.

Note: I will update this thread immediately if anything changes above.

16 minutes ago, Juji said:

2. After my discussion with the dev team last night, it was their intention to make the event difficult and only allow up to a +7 enchant on the Bracelet since they mentioned it was ran several times in Korea. I will see what I can do from my side to either give a free bundle of marks or get the event extended for an additional week.
3. There are no plans from Dev side to make it a party instance as it would require a complete overhaul of the event.

• We will be adjusting the Mysterious Herb to drop from all monsters and increase the herb's effect to P. Atk. 100%, M. Atk. 400% next week.
  • The Crystal of Determination will be removed from the monster drop list and replaced with a Wind Vitality Tonic.
  • An exchange option will be added on the Event NPC to exchange the Crystal of Determination item for 1 Wind Vitality Tonic during the event period.

Making text wall short we don't care about supports classes and ppl who don't spend thousands of dollars monthly. we try this we try that and at the end, we give it in l2store 

Congratulations juji, but tell the developers that the reality of korea is a bit different from ours, here we do not have the gear they have, the level barrier has been broken in a very short time, the hunting zone drops and istancias are infimos what makes such a comparison complicated, yet I still thank you because I see that you can try to get this server out of the abyss that he is heading ... thank you.

29 minutes ago, Juji said:

1. Vou discutir mais com a equipe de desenvolvimento para ver se podemos estender o evento.
2. Depois da minha conversa com o time de desenvolvimento ontem à noite, era sua intenção tornar o evento difícil e só permitir um +7 de encantamento no Bracelet, já que eles mencionaram que ele foi executado várias vezes na Coréia. Verei o que posso fazer do meu lado para dar um pacote gratuito de notas ou prolongar o evento por mais uma semana.
3. Não há planos do lado Dev para torná-lo uma instância de partido, pois exigiria uma revisão completa do evento.

Próximas mudanças no evento da bússola de ouro:

• Nós estaremos ajustando a Mysterious Herb para dropar de todos os monstros e aumentar o efeito da erva para P. Atk. 100%, M. Atk. 400% na próxima semana.
  • O item Solvente Acessório será removido da lista de recompensas da NPC.
  • O Crystal of Determination será removido da lista de drop de monstros e substituído por um Wind Vitality Tonic.
  • Uma opção de troca será adicionada no Event NPC para trocar o item Crystal of Determination por 1 Wind Vitality Tonic durante o período do evento.
  • Vamos apagar o item Crystal of Determination quando o evento terminar.

Nota: Eu atualizarei este tópico imediatamente se algo mudar acima.

Congratulations juji, but tell the developers that the reality of korea is a bit different from ours, here we do not have the gear they have, the level barrier has been broken in a very short time, the hunting zone drops and istancias are infimos what makes such a comparison complicated, yet I still thank you because I see that you can try to get this server out of the abyss that he is heading ... thank you.

44 minutes ago, Juji said:

have you guys tested this to see if it will help a lot ?  I mean the big problem most people having is the damage these mobs / bosses do. please test this on a lvl 100 toon lol!

• L2 Team
Just now, Riddick said:

have you guys tested this to see if it will help a lot ?  I mean the big problem most people having is the damage these mobs / bosses do. please test this on a lvl 100 toon lol!

Dev just tested it with level 101 Cardinal with +8 Bloody set and +5 Bloody Weapon and Rose buff.

10 minutes ago, Juji said:

Dev apenas testou com o nível 101 Cardinal com +8 Bloody set e +5 Bloody Weapon e Rose buff.

I have a level 105 fho with dark equipment (set +10 weapon +12), I managed to do the istancia, it was not easy but I managed, but the question is how do players from level 100 to 103 with medium equipment? I think this was not tested with a toon at level 101 ...

3 minutes ago, llsamyazall said:

I have a level 105 fho with dark equipment (set +10 weapon +12), I managed to do the istancia, it was not easy but I managed, but the question is how do players from level 100 to 103 with medium equipment? I think this was not tested with a toon at level 101 ...

the test was with new changes not in game yet I think.. next week should be better

• L2 Team

I have spawned GM Buff helper Bora next to the Event NPCs to give out full GM buffs until tonight. The Bora NPC menu got messed up with another region's HTML, so please disregard the NPC's first dialogue.

1 hour ago, Neno said:

would be nice  to  restore  lost xp  and reset instance  so i can  try  1 more  time

why did u lose xp ? if u die relog get rezed and take new pom and BR go back in . I die 5 times on last boss lost 0 xp.

Archived