Jump to content
Forums

Recommended Posts

So,

Just got to experience my first capcha in game and found out that it means people are using bot report button on me. When I asked in world chat I heard from many people that it is abused a lot to get people to move from spots or just to be assholes so I think there should be a punishment for people that do. Bots won't be able to respond to the capcha so I think that any time someone reports a player falsely and the cacpha is passed then the reporter should get some kind of punishment like a debuff of some sort. Something to deter people from false reporting.

Just a thought. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Problem is that once again NC Fail is trying to be a bunch of lazy bums with game management, rules enforcement, and customer service. You gotta remember, this is the company that has set the gold standard, beating EA, for worst customer service in the entire gaming industry. At least amongst the big boys. There are lots of smaller "developers" on steam that are even worse.

 

A player report function should never ever result in automated punishment. The absolute most that should be done is like with chat where you report spam or RMT seller and it auto blocks the offender. That is IT. That is the MOST automation that should ever be found. Reporting a bot once should do nothing. However, once a suitably high threshold, should be at least 40 people, report in, then the character and account should be flagged for review by a human GM.

 

Sadly, I don't see NC Soft changing their ways at this juncture. This is par the course for them 20 years ago and they have not even tried to actually improve themselves from a customer service and game management standpoint on something like this. All of which makes Juji and Hime's current efforts to deal with issues regarding the classic launch all the more surprising.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Medeoan said:

Problem is that once again NC Fail is trying to be a bunch of lazy bums with game management, rules enforcement, and customer service. You gotta remember, this is the company that has set the gold standard, beating EA, for worst customer service in the entire gaming industry. At least amongst the big boys. There are lots of smaller "developers" on steam that are even worse.

 

A player report function should never ever result in automated punishment. The absolute most that should be done is like with chat where you report spam or RMT seller and it auto blocks the offender. That is IT. That is the MOST automation that should ever be found. Reporting a bot once should do nothing. However, once a suitably high threshold, should be at least 40 people, report in, then the character and account should be flagged for review by a human GM.

 

Sadly, I don't see NC Soft changing their ways at this juncture. This is par the course for them 20 years ago and they have not even tried to actually improve themselves from a customer service and game management standpoint on something like this. All of which makes Juji and Hime's current efforts to deal with issues regarding the classic launch all the more surprising.

With your suggestion the game would be full of bots. 40 people to report one person, what would you do, call your whole alliance to Dion? Come on, every game has it's negatives and positives and botting was and will always be a negative side of L2. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sinkest said:

So,

Just got to experience my first capcha in game and found out that it means people are using bot report button on me. When I asked in world chat I heard from many people that it is abused a lot to get people to move from spots or just to be assholes so I think there should be a punishment for people that do. Bots won't be able to respond to the capcha so I think that any time someone reports a player falsely and the cacpha is passed then the reporter should get some kind of punishment like a debuff of some sort. Something to deter people from false reporting.

Just a thought. 

there are bots that can do capatchas

Link to post
Share on other sites

They should just remove the report bot feature from the game, it's just abuse and harassment waiting to happen.

Bot reports should be done through support tickets, that way there's accountability on NCWest's side.

I'm also wondering if you can report an afk shop, now that would be messed up. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Its a HUGE problem, ppl reporting for nothing (u are better/beter geared/u take best spot/u are high lvl or whatever). I'll alredy got a pleasure to type capcha but if u miss this, cuz of afk or w/e what - u are done. If they dont change this system game will be done quite fast.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, forcis said:

How do u know when ppl use bot report in you just to abuse it? does it show some kind of msg or something ?

A captcha jumps up and oyu have like 18 minutes to answer it. Already happened to me yesterday and it doesnt affect you at all. If you are on your pc you have plenty of time to answer it. If you arent on the pc and your character is afk why would you recieve multiple bot reportS?

This sounds like ppl who want to be able to use bots without being reported lol

Link to post
Share on other sites

 No man, i just afraid becouse everyone is saying that the botreport is being abused, i only have my rogue lv 28 and my cleric lv 26, i play with them and talk and gives free buff to everyone around me as i lvl up so i just ask to be aware of.

A i only sit them afk fishing when i have to go out of pc so if someone report you while fishing, that means u can't catch up with the captcha and u get banned?

Edited by forcis
Link to post
Share on other sites

This is 2018, most bots actually have drivers keeping an eye on them (just many many screens but they can still check and type it), very few are completely afk bots, those probably deep into some dwarf island cave or other very hidden spots. So this captcha catches very few of them... very very few. I can only hope this button report actually does something else like tells admins who gets reported the most so they can actually go check manually.

Cuz meanwhile we have mainstream bots in top partisan spot, even KSing everyone's trains cuz he doesn't give any bleeps with his full top D staff team, 1 driver giving command for 4 nuker bots to attack (at exact same time, is so impossible to be just boxed stuff), so funny, i have it recorded in video but have no idea where to report or if they even care, my friend tried making a bot report thread and it got instantly deleted he said.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, AliceOnFire said:

This is 2018, most bots actually have drivers keeping an eye on them (just many many screens but they can still check and type it), very few are completely afk bots, those probably deep into some dwarf island cave or other very hidden spots. So this captcha catches very few of them... very very few. I can only hope this button report actually does something else like tells admins who gets reported the most so they can actually go check manually.

Cuz meanwhile we have mainstream bots in top partisan spot, even KSing everyone's trains cuz he doesn't give any bleeps with his full top D staff team, 1 driver giving command for 4 nuker bots to attack (at exact same time, is so impossible to be just boxed stuff), so funny, i have it recorded in video but have no idea where to report or if they even care, my friend tried making a bot report thread and it got instantly deleted he said.

https://support.lineage2.com/hc/en-us/categories/115001077443
"Submit ticket", not sure if they check, but they do reply to the ticket that they will check reported person.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

15 minutes ago, GrumpyMuppet said:

A captcha jumps up and oyu have like 18 minutes to answer it. Already happened to me yesterday and it doesnt affect you at all. If you are on your pc you have plenty of time to answer it. If you arent on the pc and your character is afk why would you recieve multiple bot reportS?

This sounds like ppl who want to be able to use bots without being reported lol

when you don't think more than your own nose, sure

people box a buffer, use buffs, and  alt tab to main window till the buffs run off. enjoy being reported and not seeing it, because you think afk only means botting. also enjoy typing captcha all the time in pvp.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, GrumpyMuppet said:

Again, why would multiple users report you for botting while your character is afk doing nothing?

Multiple ?? You mean 4! Maybe cuz they dont like you cuz u win pvp before ? Or maybe cuz You are enemy from old server ? Or maybe for some others 100 reasons?

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, GrumpyMuppet said:

A captcha jumps up and oyu have like 18 minutes to answer it. Already happened to me yesterday and it doesnt affect you at all. If you are on your pc you have plenty of time to answer it. If you arent on the pc and your character is afk why would you recieve multiple bot reportS?

This sounds like ppl who want to be able to use bots without being reported lol

I hadn't even been on 30 minutes. I was just running around plains of dion killing things while i had downtime at work and suddenly it pops up. When i shouted asking about it i got a ton of replies saying its happened to all of them too. This could end up being a huge issue. People could work together to mass report someone afk in town they don't like and bam banned until further notice. I joined the server because I missed the old grind/nostalgia and I am completely fine with leveling up as is so I have no intention or desire to use any kind of bot program. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, GrumpyMuppet said:

Again, why would multiple users report you for botting while your character is afk doing nothing?

Oh come on, don't be that naive. There are so many factors at play. Your argument assumes that everyone who uses the bot report button is doing so because they legitimately think someone is a bot. You failed to factor in the malicious aspect of people using the bot report to have an advantage over other players, such as enemies at war, revenge, etc.

You also failed to factor that "multiple" users could be the same person on boxed accounts or friends who could abuse it together.

The world is not black and white, neither is this game. Some people will do anything to gain an advantage, which includes abusing the bot button.

You may think that since you would never abuse the bot button, others won't. That's not the case here and it's obvious based on people's reactions. There are those who deserve the bot button, but again, not everyone is a cheater. These systems are automated and imperfect. There will always be some ratio of false positives which means human intervention is a definite need, especially when someone's account is at risk for being banned.

Edited by Auxis
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Sinkest said:

I hadn't even been on 30 minutes. I was just running around plains of dion killing things while i had downtime at work and suddenly it pops up. When i shouted asking about it i got a ton of replies saying its happened to all of them too. This could end up being a huge issue. People could work together to mass report someone afk in town they don't like and bam banned until further notice. I joined the server because I missed the old grind/nostalgia and I am completely fine with leveling up as is so I have no intention or desire to use any kind of bot program. 

You can't use the bot report button in town or other safe areas.

Edited by Auxis
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...