Forums

Help me choosing between PW or AW

Izuna

I love both AW and PW honestly,everytime i have to choose i need a third opinion but in the end its down to each taste.PW get no dot apart from bleed,no crit dmg passive or p def debuff,on the other hand AW can Hex mobs,poison (which idk if you gonna use it at that lvl),sting and critical dmg passive.PW got fake death and slightly bigger DEX than AW.
I guess farming as AW seems easier and you gonna be wanted in parties as well (if Hex is needed and there is another hexer).PW can evasion tank and heal back tho it will take more time to take down a mob.
As i said its down to own preference.If i had to reroll into a dagger i think i would pick PW for the flavor even tho im AW fan.Both daggers will shine at focus death part.
1v1 ganks in terrain that you can outmaneuver a mage or archer AW seems to be dangerous
Mass PvP AW can shine with the healer backing him up shredding backlines.
PW can be insane mage killer with his self buffs and can close distances pretty fast(entagle +DEX+quickstep),regain HP drop back in

(a reminder that both classes get shadowstep and hide at some point i think)

So imo PVE  AW>PW
            PVP(parties)  AW >= PW
            Small Scale  PW = AW
            OPEN field ganks PW > AW

Surviving Kiting PW > AW

Burst pre Focus Death AW > PW
Burst post Focus Death AW >= PW

Well,

1- AW has the best critical damage, means you will deal more damage with criticals and blows, but has the worst critical rate from TH/PW.

So there will be times you will see some big numbers in damage text and you will smile and the other you will see your Abyss Walker turns to Abyss Misser and you will cry a lot.

Another advantage of AW is his debuffs.

In PVE , AW is very effective due to hex and high damage. 

In PVP ,  AW turns sometimes to gambling... fast kill or a humilated death. AW has the worst survability than other daggers but can end a pvp real fast.

2- PW has the best critical chance, means your skills will land more times and you do more critical but has the least critical damage means less damage.

Also pw has the best evasion in game and speed.

In PVE, sometimes you will be amazed of the high evasion. Many mobs in your lvl or below will miss a lot of times means higher survability but you will do less damage than AW.

In PVP, has more mobility than AW and he is more Stable at his critical chance.

PvP  .. AW vs PW .  is really determinated if AW miss or not. IF AW`s skills land it is gg. 

I have played all 3 daggers back in the days AW was my favourite but sometimes it was really hard seeing all these misses. Someother times you feel like a god.::D

PW is more stable - boring but he is good too.

--- Play whatever you like more, not what you think is best. Every dagger has advantages and disadvantages. ---

P.S. You could also pick TH which is the most tanky, has an ok critical chance & critical damge & speed & attack speed. And you will always have the pleasure to use dash and slay that poor opponent who tries to escape with a lovely backstab. Pleasure guarranted.

Yeah,TH seems great and pre 76 i think owns the other two,can survive more hits,and has great passives from both the other classes,not have to mention dash

As for the critical chance Prezo mentioned above for the PW,critical chance affects ONLY simple melee attacks,blow rand rate well its a different topic......and BOI TOO MUCH THEORY CRAFTING AROUND IT,was searching it for months in forums and seems that in old chronicles yeah, DEX would affect blow land rate but idk in classic, DEX, not P critical chance

Archived