Future Castle Sieges

Drakkon

Yes I know they are not here yet but I am wondering. I think that sieges will be a bore fest when they arrive. Why? Because every single person on the battleground is gonna be spamming the 2nd class buff scroll. Sieges are gonna be such a money maker for NCWest lol. Everytime you die you gotta put in a dollar or two to get back out on the battlefield again to compete, gotta buy the buff scroll and the town soe.

Don't know if it's possible but will these scrolls be un-usable come siege times or is everyone gonna be spending 5-10 bucks a siege weekend for these scrolls? Yes I am aware of might scrolls and such back in the day but you didn't have those on demand. I am also aware of everyone and their mother boxing a buffer as well 

Buffs from those scrolls don't disappear after death. So max 6 of them per siege and you're fine, and you get them from daily rewards. Plus when the sieges arrive most of parties would have sufficient buffers, since those scrolls only have f.e. lvl 1 Haste etc.

2 minutes ago, Dhol said:

Buffs from those scrolls don't disappear after death. So max 6 of them per siege and you're fine, and you get them from daily rewards. Plus when the sieges arrive most of parties would have sufficient buffers, since those scrolls only have f.e. lvl 1 Haste etc.

The 2nd class one gives max lvl buffs. The dailies n such give the low lvl ones as you described. I know people will have buffers ready to go as well but buffing everyone takes time and mp. These scrolls don't. I am sure it won't be so bad just a random thought that popped in my head on my commute to work lol

2 minutes ago, Drakkon said:

The 2nd class one gives max lvl buffs. The dailies n such give the low lvl ones as you described. I know people will have buffers ready to go as well but buffing everyone takes time and mp. These scrolls don't. I am sure it won't be so bad just a random thought that popped in my head on my commute to work lol

Are you sure about that? IIRC 1st class buff scrolls don't give f.e. Haste at all, but I had a 2nd class one and it gave me Haste lvl 1. This is from wiki:

https://l2wiki.com/classic/2nd_Class_Buff_Scroll

Shield Lv.3, Might Lv.3, Acumen Lv.2, Wind Walk Lv.2, Focus Lv.2, Regeneration Lv.1, Guidance Lv.1, Death Whisper Lv.1, Magic Barrier Lv.1, Blessed Body Lv.1, Blessed Soul Lv.1, Haste Lv.1, Agility Lv.2, Empower Lv.2.

Haste 1, Guidance 1, DW 1, BTB/BTS 1, Emp 2 etc etc, those aren't max lvls.

1 minute ago, Dhol said:

Are you sure about that? IIRC 1st class buff scrolls don't give f.e. Haste at all, but I had a 2nd class one and it gave me Haste lvl 1. This is from wiki:

https://l2wiki.com/classic/2nd_Class_Buff_Scroll

Shield Lv.3, Might Lv.3, Acumen Lv.2, Wind Walk Lv.2, Focus Lv.2, Regeneration Lv.1, Guidance Lv.1, Death Whisper Lv.1, Magic Barrier Lv.1, Blessed Body Lv.1, Blessed Soul Lv.1, Haste Lv.1, Agility Lv.2, Empower Lv.2.

Haste 1, Guidance 1, DW 1, BTB/BTS 1, Emp 2 etc etc, those aren't max lvls.

I am going off of memory from a few days ago as I bought one for killing bears for my Dwarf Scavenger quest (so many damn bears) and I do believe it gave me things like lvl 5 bless soul/body and haste lvl 3. Guess I can find out again later on this afternoon. If it is the buff lvls you described then yeah I dont see it being a problem then.

5 hours ago, Drakkon said:

I am going off of memory from a few days ago as I bought one for killing bears for my Dwarf Scavenger quest (so many damn bears) and I do believe it gave me things like lvl 5 bless soul/body and haste lvl 3. Guess I can find out again later on this afternoon. If it is the buff lvls you described then yeah I dont see it being a problem then.

Ahh I know why you got it wrong. The buffs from the scroll have very strange levels, like Might 5 etc., because they are indexed differently on the server. But they are equivalent to the levels of buffs I mentioned above.

Archived