2 NEW Classic servers!

Devoid

8 minutes ago, Redgar28 said:

Please dont hate me but i think the fastest way to kill of bots is to sell adena for NCoin - if there are players willing to buy adena there will be bots to suply that adena ...

if buyers have other sorce of adena then bots why bother to buy from them ....  and there is bonus - more money for ncsoft and server quality 

so less bots more aktive players ....

Not hating on you, lets look at the effect though.

In actual terms it would not kill adena sales unless the value NC priced the adena at was too low for bots to make any profit off of, and then you would have rampant inflation.  Effectively you will create a price ceiling, which using the above example will reduce GDP.  Translate: less RMT, Given that those bots live in very very poor countries, the idea of eliminating them is almost impossible through that mechanism, it would reduce a lot of it though, ceterus paribus.

But it would also destroy the game, so that's a no go imo.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

problem with comparing it with rl is that bots require no investment so to say, and almost no expenses.

a bot program is duplicated for free, meaning you can run 2, 3 100 bots with minimal investment. in rl you don't have that. well, using 100 bots means you will have the hardware limitation but that's less important. it's also the fact that people that live in poor countries take that as pure profit, as their expenses are not the same as they would physically go to those countries, work and have higher expenses. so any pure profit is good, also multiplied with the number of bots. that's the thing with f2p games with trading system. well, ncsoft finally did that step in aion and trading is quite limited compared with what it used to be, and even more, you can't trade currency directly. it seems there are different approaches to how you can limit rmt.

2 minutes ago, FatHips said:

Not hating on you, lets look at the effect though.

In actual terms it would not kill adena sales unless the value NC priced the adena at was too low for bots to make any profit off of, and then you would have rampant inflation.  Effectively you will create a price ceiling, which using the above example will reduce GDP.  Translate: less RMT, Given that those bots live in very very poor countries, the idea of eliminating them is almost impossible through that mechanism, it would reduce a lot of it though, ceterus paribus.

But it would also destroy the game, so that's a no go imo.

Lets say tat bots sell 10k for 3$ so NCsoft sell for 2.85$ why buy from bot? only difrence betweam those scenarios is sorce of adena so i dont see the destruction of game.

But it's true is hard to get the price lower than bots to kill them but its chance to appeal to same of the buyers to support server 

20 minutes ago, beleaua said:

problem with comparing it with rl is that bots require no investment so to say, and almost no expenses.

that was actually precisely my point? free to play bots have no investment (zero barrier to entry), with pay to play, they have a barrier to entry.  It sounds like we're saying the same thing different ways.

It actually fits within theoretical economics very well in this situation, as most things in economics are considered all else equal which in this case is actually true, in that there are essentially no other barriers to entry for bots.

23 minutes ago, Redgar28 said:

Lets say tat bots sell 10k for 3$ so NCsoft sell for 2.85$ why buy from bot? only difrence betweam those scenarios is sorce of adena so i dont see the destruction of game.

But it's true is hard to get the price lower than bots to kill them but its chance to appeal to same of the buyers to support server 

The invisible hand will cause the bots to lower their price to the point where it is no longer profitable for them, I think that's what you meant by $3 as being that value.

Yes, NC could force the bots below their "shutdown point" ($3/10k adena in your scenario). But what would the effect be on the game?  I sure woudl not play and I bet a majority of the people playing now would not either.  For the same exact reason people don't play Live servers, people do not play live servers just because of the bad content, it's about p2win as much as anything.  NCSoft selling adena (for any reason) is p2win by any measure.

3 hours ago, Redgar28 said:

Please dont hate me but i think the fastest way to kill of bots is to sell adena for NCoin - if there are players willing to buy adena there will be bots to suply that adena ...

if buyers have other sorce of adena then bots why bother to buy from them ....  and there is bonus - more money for ncsoft and server quality 

so less bots more aktive players ....

You seem to misunderstand how L2 "classic" economy works.

Bots don't produce adena, bots produce resources. At the moment, for example, bots can "legitly" farm fish. Players buy resources for adena, and that's (among other things) is how bots get adena to resell in RMT (which then players will spend on resources again, by buying them from bots for this adena, which then bots will resell in RMT again).

If NCsoft injects adena on the market by selling it for NCoins, it will cause inflation in the price of resources. Bots will get more adena to sell, bots will sell it cheaper, but in the end, it's how much players are willing to pay real money for the farmed resources what matters in the bots' profits.

The only way to successfully "fight" bots by NCoin shop is to make ingame resource farming unprofitable. But you cannot make it unprofitable "only for bots". It will affect all players and completely destroy ingame economy, reducing it to "GM shop".

Archived