Forums

[Poll] Do you agree with increased rates to Adena/Spoil for VIP's ?

KABAL

So yeah!

5 hours ago, Juji said:

The Adena drop on these mobs was much lower during the initial game launch. Original Adena range for Trisalim was 41~97, while in latest version it is 111~260. L2Wiki drop table is based on another region's version that is subscription only.

Trisalim is a level 45 mob ( https://l2wiki.com/classic/Trisalim ) which on EU Classic for exemple , the Adena drop is 249 - 582. 

As Juji said, we are at about 0.45% Adena/Spoil rates ( imagine that we were 0.15% before the updated rates ) in comparation with normal x1 rates from Eu Classic, RU, KR?.

Mobs from 40-49 gives almost the same Adena as the ones from 20-29 and 30-39 ( between 100 and 250 Adena ) . At lower level's this might be OK, but starting from level 40+, your expenses are much higher then the ones at say , 20 or 30+. 

As of now, we can afford the SS and even SSD since we don't need D armors and the prices for D shots are pretty much very cheap because of this. Now imagine at C grade. You can't possible think that this rates will also work on C+ . The increases rates from last week helped to get into D ( somehow ) , but the ideas before the update remains : On medium/long term, this is not sustainable! 

When more people starting to get into C, CRY D's will see a big raise in price, since people will need them to buy armor/weapon from the Luxury Shop. This will then be even worst for low level players. For best in-luxury-shop weapon, you need to pay 5375 CRY D and 1075 CRY C. Yes, you can also "craft" them . Well, we can barely craft D's now because how bad the spoil is. Good luck crafting C's ( not even talking about B's ) as spoil will be even worst at 40+.

At this rate, the majority will be in C in around 6 months ( if we still play this often as now ). After 2 weeks we are in D ( thanks to the free armor set ) and most with still NGR weapon.

Now, Juji said we should see updates much more frequent then on other regions. Now the question is, why bother? Or what kind of updates? Adding anything but increases in adena/spoil/drop , will be useless.

At some point, we will probably see increases in adena/spoil/drop rates, but maybe it will be to late, or maybe is just me.

I say : Increase those rates for VIP's in the same exact way as drop rates currently works. VIP4 will get max of 50% increase in adena/drop/spoil . In this way , revenues will come to NcSoft since people will be more inclined to spend $ in the in-game shop in order to get the increased rates, and also, we will make them not add P2W items anytime soon.

Right now, I see no desire to spend any $ in the cash shop. The 7 day 50% XP Rune is really NOT worth it since XP is not a problem. I am still trying to figure it out how one will justify spending $ after the first month to keep VIP 4 on since 50% increase in drop rate is .. basically non-existent. I am also wondering how a new player will justify spending 4000 Ncoins after the Launch Packs will no longer exist to get to VIP4. They will need to come up with something, or we might end up with P2W items. 

This is not for "PRO" players. I get it, you live playing 10+ hours a day in Lineage 2 , but .. you are in the very, very minority part of the community.

..or maybe is just me and everything I wrote makes no sense.

So, yes or no?

Edit : Poll here : http://www.easypolls.net/poll.html?p=5bc826aee4b056f2fcd397f1

So bad that we can't even create polls in-here!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The feedback given by high level players regarding adena / drops / spoils really make me wonder why would I continue playing on NA servers? The player needs to be motivated to continue playing and that motivation comes from having a sense of progression in game. As it is now, there is literally zero sense of progressions if mobs level 20-40 drop the same amount of adena as mobs level 40+. NC West should really just cut the crap and give us EU/RU version rates while rewarding VIP players with even more increased rates. The way it is handled now it is very, very poor and disappointing. If EU would open a new server right now, I can guarantee that players will flee from Giran server in an instant.

@Juji @Hime do not give your competition a weak spot to attack you through.

By the time you're 25-30 you've killed maybe 2000 mobs, which will get you enough cash to get D grade.  By the time you're 50 or so you'll have killed 20000 or so, so plenty of time to get enough cash to get C grade.  Mobs drop the same adena, but you kill more and more mobs between equipment grades.  (before you say "but you can wear C grade at 40", so what?  In C1 I got my C grade at level 50ish)

2 minutes ago, Lloth said:

By the time you're 25-30 you've killed maybe 2000 mobs, which will get you enough cash to get D grade.  By the time you're 50 or so you'll have killed 20000 or so, so plenty of time to get enough cash to get C grade.  Mobs drop the same adena, but you kill more and more mobs between equipment grades.  (before you say "but you can wear C grade at 40", so what?  In C1 I got my C grade at level 50ish)

continue please?

by the time you're 70 or more you have enough adena to buy b-grade and it's year 2020.

1 minute ago, beleaua said:

continue please?

by the time you're 70 or more you have enough adena to buy b-grade and it's year 2020.

The first person to hit 75 was a Silver Ranger and he was in C grade.

What's your point?

4 minutes ago, Lloth said:

The first person to hit 75 was a Silver Ranger and he was in C grade.

What's your point?

yea no shit, he rushed back then. look at c2/c3/c4 updates, things have changed considerably and you could afford c grade in 4x range

my point is, by the time you hit 75 here it is going to take you a lot more time than in the past, and with the current drop rate i don't see you getting gear either. by the time you have both, it's probably 2020. game is up to 85, you know

4 minutes ago, GoNoles69 said:

Well 70 is the current level cap.. and B grade is the highest armor you could obtain.. so makes sense carebear.

it was sarcasm, kid

The thing is a lot of us want to play this game because leveling and the gear treadmill take a long ass time.  We dont want to be capped out with level and gear after 2 months.  The harder something is to get, the more rewarding it feels to have.  

careful what you wish for. look at korea and how many years ago they opened classic. still so few people (around 30) actually reached 85 in those years, so don't worry about being hard. wanting to be  harder than it is, like it is now, that is something else.

My suggestion: Since we don't have a Vitality Bar in classic, create a Drop Rate Bar for everyone which modifies drop rates. As with Vitality in Live, as you hunt the Drop Rate % decreases. Naturally, during events and promotions the DR Bar % could be increased beyond the normal max. 

Unlike Live, however, GMs would reserve the right to turn off a PC's DR Bar altogether. A useful tool for known botters and adena selling types. No matter how much they hunt, a PC with a grayed out DR Bar will neither gain XP, nor adena, have their statistics reduced to 1, can't make trades of any items to PCs or NPCs, cannot access their inventories or WH, and their function/activity bars are also locked. Consider this the first and only warning before closing the account altogether. A successful petition lifts the gray during the next maintenance period.

As this relates to VIPs, well, membership should have privileges. That would come in the form of the exclusive ability to purchase scrolls that increase the DR Bar to beyond peak %. There would be a limit on the number of scrolls that you can buy per month, as well as a timer on how long a purchased scroll remained in Inventory or WH.

no, stop this. it is supposed to be hard. its supposed to be obscenely hard. go grab a spoiler and a link to the eu classic wiki and pick were you hunt carefully. join parties to avoid using soulshots and potions. get a secondary character thats a dwarf and farm his ass off. hunt green characters. never leave town without a quest and a purpose. find a clan that cooperates when it comes to getting each other upgraded equipment.

its hard. very hard. its supposed to be hard. its about the journey to level 70, not about getting to level 70 the month the game comes out. this is different from every other game currently out. this game does not pander to the generation with a 5 second attention span. you need to be ready to grind for days or weeks just to get that one item you need for whatever activity. if that is not for you then please try either a illegal server, live, or get a wow character and buy the instant max level thing. im actually disinclined to spenmd money in the cash shop BECAUSE i dont want it to be easier.

Just no. Stop asking for more easy stuff. Classic is for people that want things to be hard and meaningful, the "hardcore" experience as they've marketed it.

If you want to get geared at a reasonable pace, start talking to people and making connections. Get into a clan, help the crafters get their mats and recipes, cooperate with others and work for it. Pretend that you are, you know, playing a game where being social is the way to succeed.

43 minutes ago, Lloth said:

Nice logic ....not!

2000x100 = 300k adena. Ok fine, 400 ? But you do not take into consideration SS's and teleport scroll ( not even saying anything about haste potions or .. HP potions ). But for the sake of doing it, let's increase that by another 200k from drop ( yeah right lol ) , so we have 600k without any expenses AND if you play solo. 

Now tell me again, by your logic, how can one afford D grade weapon ?!

Now, by the same logic, since mobs from 40-49 drops the same amount of Adena, its safe to say that killing 20k mobs, will get you to 3kk Adena ( again, if you are soloing ) . Now , we don't even have C crystals in order to say you will buy them to get a C weapon from Luxury Shop. But when we will be able to have C Cry's , imagine the D cry's prices which will go high and the prices for C Cry's will be even more higher since there will be demands. You will NOT be able to buy a C grade weapon at level 50. I mean, there are people at 50+ or close to 50, and whoever has a C grade weapon, it has it from drop. 

Should I go into details about C grade armor ?! We got free D's, that's fine. Let me know when you will have C :)

37 minutes ago, LoanWolf said:

Disregard this guy.  Hes been playing 2 weeks and still only has 100k to his name. He doesnt know what hes doing, just a forum troll. 

How much adena do you have ? And what's your level ?

7 minutes ago, Lloth said:

Or just ban the bots...

If only that works. If only some known botters never regained access to their accounts. If only entire clans of botting characters were forever wiped from servers, never to be heard from again. If only IPs were forever blocked.  But that almost never happens. The eventually come back. They always come back.

Just now, MalumInSe said:

If only that works. If only some known botters never regained access to their accounts. If only entire clans of botting characters were forever wiped from servers, never to be heard from again. If only IPs were forever blocked.  But that almost never happens. The eventually come back. They always come back.

What would be the point in permanently gimping their characters instead of banning them?  You can't really perma block IPs as many people use free VPN, so you'd risk banning loads of people for nothing.

Just now, MalumInSe said:

Just as a side note, IP banning doesn't really work. A lot of people have internet connections with changing IPs, like me. My IP changes every 12 hours and I can manually change it by reconnecting to my ISP whenever I want. It's just the way ISPs work over here. And that's not counting the use of VPNs, which also allow you to bypass IP bans. Fighting against bots is way harder than people think, unfortunately :/

3 minutes ago, KABAL said:

How much adena do you have ? And what's your level ?

Right now I have about 100k.  My main is level 34 Human Knight, I spent about 100k on shield + d grade accessories, spent 400k on a d grade saber, 100k to help get my guild to lvl 1 and 2 and have lent 100k to a friend to get his saber.  So roughly have made about 600-700k so far since the servers are live. None of it has been easy.  

51 minutes ago, LoanWolf said:

Disregard this guy.  Hes been playing 2 weeks and still only has 100k to his name. He doesnt know what hes doing, just a forum troll. 

7 minutes ago, LoanWolf said:

Right now I have about 100k.  

Wow! So you too have 100k? I swear after the first comment I though you are a .. millionaire :( /sarcasmoff

8 minutes ago, LoanWolf said:

Right now I have about 100k.  My main is level 34 Human Knight, I spent about 100k on shield + d grade accessories, spent 400k on a d grade saber, 100k to help get my guild to lvl 1 and 2 and have lent 100k to a friend to get his saber.  So roughly have made about 600-700k so far since the servers are live. None of it has been easy.  

Anyway , I made more then you made. I have around 100k+ in Adena but have lots of mats.

Now, what did we (you) learned from this ? Never bash about something since you are in the same spot. 

Go and grind some more please! Maybe you will soon have 110k and then you can save to buy ...4 Haste Potions until you get back to 100k.

Btw, that 100k you will also have it at level 50 !

Archived