[Poll] Do you agree with increased rates to Adena/Spoil for VIP's ?

KABAL

1 minute ago, Lloth said:

Dwarves always had to buy materials to craft.  Back in C1/2 I decided I was going to craft the top B blunt for my spoiler (GirlyDorf on Devianne) purely through my own efforts without buying anything.  It took literally months.

I dont doubt that at all. 

The point i am trying to make is i can litterally go farm with a different character and get more materials and drops than a dwarf farming and spoiling mobs. As well as the fact that this server is lower rate than the original lineage 2 was upon release. Any one can argue and make drop I am simply stating facts. Its simple they dont need to mess up something that was good to begin with. When lineage 2 came out it was good this is just crappy in my opinion. They revived lineage 2 and have a second chance to make something better out of it. Certain issues if not resolved will put them right back where they were before releasing this game and a dwindling player base that wont last another 5 years.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly,

I still think it is pointless to expect to much.

I am literally giving it about a month to 2 months if i don't get to a point where i think the situation has been resolved or fixed. I will be done with Lineage 2, have been playing this game for a very long time and always look forward to coming back to it. This will be the last time i invest in NCSoft or spend time playing a game that not only has a lot of history to myself but my family as well. 

5 minutes ago, Gypsi said:

I dont doubt that at all. 

The point i am trying to make is i can litterally go farm with a different character and get more materials and drops than a dwarf farming and spoiling mobs. As well as the fact that this server is lower rate than the original lineage 2 was upon release. Any one can argue and make drop I am simply stating facts. Its simple they dont need to mess up something that was good to begin with. When lineage 2 came out it was good this is just crappy in my opinion. They revived lineage 2 and have a second chance to make something better out of it. Certain issues if not resolved will put them right back where they were before releasing this game and a dwindling player base that wont last another 5 years.

Just a heads-up, classic is not C1. Nor is it C2, C3, or w/e past version of the game you liked. Classic is a new version so comparing the rates and saying "classic has lower adena drops than C1, fix it" is pointless. So yes, it's impossible to argue that this version of classic has different drop rates than lineage had when it came out. It's also a pointless argument.

18 minutes ago, Lloth said:

Dwarves always had to buy materials to craft.  Back in C1/2 I decided I was going to craft the top B blunt for my spoiler (GirlyDorf on Devianne) purely through my own efforts without buying anything.  It took literally months.

another problem in the past was that if you were in the level range of c-grade expertise, you were getting, d-grade mats, if you were in b-grade level range expertise, you were getting c-grade, and all the way to s-grade. you could never farm efficiently for yourself. just to sell and buy something else instead. later they introduced quests for recipe and parts a-grade and s-grade and the need for spoiler was even less. now that the spoil rate and quantity of items are both low, i don't see the point of spoiler. with crafter you might need some stuff but crafts will be very expensive (in mats) and i think you better pray for a full drop from a boss instead of crafting.

Honestly,

I don't think there should be a damn vip or xp/sp scrolls or pay for drop rate increases or bonus coins or lower death pens or pve damage.

I guess like a good amount of people. I was thinking that NCSoft Releaseing a Classic L2 server going back to 5 classes and low level farming party farming raids sieges was going to be legit. I was hoping just maybe it would be Classic L2 with decent rates but still challenging. Instead i have been very disappointed. Call it what you would like and make it new, but i still think when people start realizing that honestly you cant support your self unless you pay for it "Pay To Win" and even then its still crappier than the Lineage 2 they remember and mostly came back to experience. They will just go back to playing classic illegal servers or new games. 

1 hour ago, Lloth said:

Shadey, just go play on the live servers.  Please.

Don't get me wrong, i'm not complaining, everything will fix by itself, the zerg will always win. I just imagined you as an agnostic small shop owner that sold me something rotten and i'm not coming back to complain because i imagine you just telling me to fk off to the mall where they have better fridges :) 

41 minutes ago, Zanfire said:

Just a heads-up, classic is not C1. Nor is it C2, C3, or w/e past version of the game you liked. Classic is a new version so comparing the rates and saying "classic has lower adena drops than C1, fix it" is pointless. So yes, it's impossible to argue that this version of classic has different drop rates than lineage had when it came out. It's also a pointless argument.

That wasn't an argument, it was officially stated by an NCSoft employee that the version we are playing is dumbed down because it's not "pay to play" whereas we are paying to play.

Also the "nobody is forcing you to pay, it's f2p" is debatable, see people waiting for hours hoping to pay for a VIP so they can have a shorter queue next time they try to play.

So, arguments exist even if nothing will change, but what's annoying is people defending this as being right, makes me feel that people today have no regard for others' money or time.

PS: this poll is too early, wait for the majority of people to get to 40 and have to pay for GK or use better consumables, now nobody takes this seriously because it's still ok at ~30

3 hours ago, LoanWolf said:

Sure I buy soul shots, bought a stack of 15 d grade right from the start of the server with my ncoins.  My friends made fun of my noob ass for it because I wasnt able to use them on my NG weapon and then bought 15 NG.  Ive leveled with and without soul shots, my dwarf is what Im working on right now and it doesnt need soul shots because I transferred my Sabre to him.  I didnt have a box account until about 2 days ago.  But now that is exclusively farming spiders also without ss.  

Ive been having fun with this game man, my guilds been very helpful, we work together.  The grind has been real which I love.  Each upgrade feels big and its tough to get.  Im glad they increased the adena to what is it now but it doesnt need to go higher.  Probably you are too weak for the mobs you are killing and using too many soulshots.  I only started playing this game 2 weeks ago but if you want any advice on how to get stronger feel free to send me a private message.  But unfortunately I am just feeding a troll so for my own integrity I am going to have to bow out of this conversation as it has been neither constructive nor enjoyable.  Good luck Kabal, I am sure I will frustratingly read your posts on the forums everyday.  

I don't care you are having fun. Do you hear yourself? You say you are playing with SS's from the cash shop even after you already paid 30$ for the launch pack. How do you even can say that this is OK? Are you planning to buy SS with real money on a daily basis ? Geez!

Seriously, people who buys SS's from the cash shop, should STOP saying their opinion, because yes, your opinion does not count. YOU are the reason why this server(s) will sooner ( then later ) will see P2W items in the shop, because you throw money at NcSoft for BASIC stuff which we should of had DAY 1! 

You come to me and say "hey man! everything works fine! rates are fine, so stop crying" while you throw your credit card at NcSoft for Soulshots?! SOULSHOUTS! Yes? I am pretty positive that if NcSoft will add Weapons in the cash shop, you will be the first to buy them then come here and say the same bullsht "hey man! everything works fine! if you can't afford 50$ for a weapon, then stop playing and go to work! this is hardcore server" , YET YOUR ARE PAYING REAL MONEY for "hardcore" experience to skip the "hardcore"!

Seriously , people will see wtf i'm talking about pretty soon when they will get at 40+ level.

And yes, stop commenting on my post if you are already P2W your way on a "Classic Hordecore Experience"!

Just because you're all 25s running spiders all day and can afford d grade gear doesnt mean something isnt wrong with the rates.

It will happen again, the NC white knights will get to 40, realize theres something wrong with adena/drops of 40+ monsters and the forums will be full of angry neckbeards creating threads about the same thing every 5 minutes.

2 hours ago, Zanfire said:

Just a response to your comment specifically. 

What was wrong with the original version? and what was wrong with the original drop rates. I understand that it is not the original lineage 2, but honestly it was better and more balanced than the new lineage 2 classic server. If it was made to be different that is cool but why was it necessary to change the things that made lineage 2 good?

We should call this Lineage 2.0 instead of classic lol because it really is not classic. 

4 hours ago, TayirSx said:

You shouldnt be getting any extra exp or adena for VIP regardless. 

This isnt the way L2 is meant to be played. Makes me weep at all the entitlement going on in here.

I agree that this isn't the way L2 is meant to be played.  It should be subscription based, with no pay to win elements at all and bots and RMT heavily policed.  But NCWest has made it clear that is not going to happen.  We are stuck with NCWest making money by selling VIP and L2Store stuff.  Since extra exp, adena and items sell better than anything else, of course those are going to be included in the VIP package.  Given we are stuck with VIP, what would you put in the VIP package that you think people will pay $50 up front and $16 a month for if not exp and adena?  I weep that this will inevitably end up being P2W, which I hate.  But, speaking of entitlement, the entitlement coming from the freeloaders is truly startling.  At least the VIP guys can argue they are entitled to get something worthwhile for their money, or they will not continue to spend it.  The whole thing is a shame.  Subscription is the only answer.  Hope NCWest figures that out someday.  Doubt it.

Well about VIP hmm.I was warning to inova forums that big bonus on exp luck and drop rate for premium makes the free players to quit and that is what happened. Free players stop playing servers died no money for l2 store any more.Big bonus on exp for vip makes cp hard to create cuz they have to be all vip or all not vip .In other case in a few weeks the lvl deference will be so high for the cp to stay together.So if ncwest wants to keep the servers alive give vip gear weapon armor w/e. You gonna hear complains but not many quits.

If you give vip big exp bonus and drop rates say buy buy to free players and i think you know by now you really need them to keep the servers alive. Do not make the mistakes they did on core.

49 minutes ago, Oldgamer said:

Well about VIP hmm.I was warning to inova forums that big bonus on exp luck and drop rate for premium makes the free players to quit and that is what happened. Free players stop playing servers died no money for l2 store any more.Big bonus on exp for vip makes cp hard to create cuz they have to be all vip or all not vip .In other case in a few weeks the lvl deference will be so high for the cp to stay together.So if ncwest wants to keep the servers alive give vip gear weapon armor w/e. You gonna hear complains but not many quits.

If you give vip big exp bonus and drop rates say buy buy to free players and i think you know by now you really need them to keep the servers alive. Do not make the mistakes they did on core.

Wait!

You lost me with "give weapon or armor". Pff! No , most of the VIP's don't want this. I believe ( read the "I" ) , we want to progress on our own, but to do so, we need normal rates, not 100% , 200%, etc, but the normal ones. Right now , there is no point in spending on VIP because XP do not matter and the "50%" increase in drop is worthless since that means VIP4 will just go a bit above 0.50% drop rate on total ( in comparation with EU/RU servers, and KR I guess ). Yes, I though we are at about 0.45% , but nope! That seemed the case because on lower level's the drops from mobs is higher then after 30-40+ level. 

Now, imagine how NcSoft screwed us. We paid from 30$ to 50$ for the launch pack + VIP4 and we got this rates. If this is not trolling, then I don't know what to say.

I kinda feel bad now, for not going forward with my refund asking. I canceled it when I saw that they will increase the rates. In the first few days, everything seemed O.K. But now at around 30 level ( I was 22 when the increased rates happened ) , it really start to feel the same before the updated rates. 

The way NcSoft handled the whole situation since the launch of the servers ( and here I include everything - from rates to server queues ), just showed that NcWest is a fail company and they never learned from their past. 

Now if I thing about it even more, I feel kinda stupid for giving them a second change. 

Oh well! Lesson learned. No more "Adena" from me until they get their .. stuff together.

9 hours ago, LoanWolf said:

Right now I have about 100k.  My main is level 34 Human Knight, I spent about 100k on shield + d grade accessories, spent 400k on a d grade saber, 100k to help get my guild to lvl 1 and 2 and have lent 100k to a friend to get his saber.  So roughly have made about 600-700k so far since the servers are live. None of it has been easy.  

Hm.. you are doing somethong wrong. Im orc raider 25 lvl with mid d weapon, it cost in shop 1kk 69k but I bought for 900k. Got 2k ssd also.

So in total I got around 1.1kk with adena in my inventory by lvl 25.

But I farmed spider quest 24/7 with 3 acc's.

At the moment for 20-40 where is no problem for adena drop as I think. Most ppl now around 30. Next week or abit more ppl gonna be 40. We will see how good rates gonna be.

And yea.. teleports... you guys better do second transfer class before lvl 40. At lvl 39 you have to finish all 3 quest lines beforo hitting 40 lvl )))

Or gg wp.

17 minutes ago, Mistrix said:

Hm.. you are doing somethong wrong.

So in total I got around 1.1kk with adena in my inventory by lvl 25.

But I farmed spider quest 24/7 with 3 acc's.

There you go people! We all played wrong. So let's reroll ..........................

This post gave me anxiety actually.And not in the good way.I was really happy when they fixed rates and i thought this game is finally good and all.But hearing many people telling me wait to hit 40 and you will its the same shit.Holy shit guys dont scare me like that, pls tell me its not that bad :(.Im prepared to go full serious with this game now.I even persecuted some friends to play and they did, i dont want to fail them.

25 minutes ago, rangomal said:

This post gave me anxiety actually.And not in the good way.I was really happy when they fixed rates and i thought this game is finally good and all.But hearing many people telling me wait to hit 40 and you will its the same shit.Holy shit guys dont scare me like that, pls tell me its not that bad :(.Im prepared to go full serious with this game now.I even persecuted some friends to play and they did, i dont want to fail them.

It's worse at 40 than it was at low level pre-fix, at least then you didn't have to pay ridiculous prices for gatekeeper.

I was really happy to see that classic didn't have "pay to win" features.  That leaves everyone on the same playing field, so to speak. even though i have bought a little bit of ncoin and have a VIP status, i would not like to see an imbalance in the drop ratios between VIP and non-VIP.  that just smacks too closely to "pay to win."  Please do not create that imbalance in the game. 

10 hours ago, LoanWolf said:

Your right dude.  Getting a c-grade weapon is impossible.  Nobody on the server will have a c-grade weapon by next month.  Your math is on point.  

Leave forum, start play you will see ppl already got c-grades so please stop this.

10 hours ago, KABAL said:

What money? 100k at level 34 ? and a Low D grade weapon ? You are surely naive to believe that you will soon get your hand on anything but D grade, unless some clan mates will "gift" you a C drop they take. 

we are all under 40 lvl and we have x4 weapons that cost 1.5kk in shop. 
do u realize mobs are not only dropping adena? do u realize how market works ?  (NONE of us is VIP4 aswell. )

we are not even farming aoe lol .

the only thing i dislike is the omegatrash spoilrate.   its A LOT less then 0.4x or w/e rate u think it is .

7 hours ago, Oldgamer said:

Keep in mind Core is a live server, not a classic.  Their classic server, Skelth, is subscription based.  But, yes, F2P becomes P2W, as both Core and NCWest's live servers demonstrate. 

VIP 4 should change drop/spoil/adena to 1x rates. 

They did the right thing with drops, but without the other two it will create imbalance, also not enough people will buy it and they will have to open up other avenues of revenue, and we all know what that means.

This is independent of what the non-VIP rate is and is obvious.

We also do not need a huge topic or long drawn out discussion about it.

8 hours ago, Itchy said:

I was really happy to see that classic didn't have "pay to win" features.  That leaves everyone on the same playing field, so to speak. even though i have bought a little bit of ncoin and have a VIP status, i would not like to see an imbalance in the drop ratios between VIP and non-VIP.  that just smacks too closely to "pay to win."  Please do not create that imbalance in the game. 

Can you see yourself!

There is already an imbalance in the game... People with VIP still get more than people with out. That is an entirely separate issue. If you want to discuss that i believe that lineage should have a pay to play mentality but not a pay to win. 

For example when lineage came out it was 15$ a month no one got special stats or bonuses everyone was the same. You had to just pay 15 a month to play it!

I have no issues paying 15 to 20 dollars a month to play this game if they just made fixed these issues. That so many of us are pointing out. 

If NCSoft wants to make it to where to get normal drop rates "NORMAL" not crap drop rates you have to be VIP status fine. I am ok with this. Currently you start off with shit drop ratios and spoil ratios non vip and then you get VIP and it is still shit drop ratios. Paying the VIP 4 doesn't really do much more for you in the long run other than give you a bunch of shit that is pointless.... lets see everyone go try to farm higher weapon recs and mats when there still in d grade at level 50-60.

I should not have to exploit a quest by makeing 100 lineage accounts with 7 characters on each account and running the same quest over and over to make enough money to buy a damn weapon and consumables. I should be able to farm enough to survive playing 1 damn character and working with the clan/community/market to buy or purchase or craft new gear.

The way it currently is, there is very little purpose for dwarfs scavengers........ and in all reality majority of people that play lineage 2 they don't craft. Most newer players or players that havent been around since the beginning are use to this ohhh ill purchase money and sell in game shit to buy top everything. Farming for the materials needed to craft the weapons and armor should not be easy and should be time consuming. But the rates should be normal not impossible to work with.

Thats all I have to say and i will continue to put this out there. Things need to change, invest some damn trust into your player base and stop dicking us around.... 

Archived