Skill Book Drop Rate????

Mike02

That's actually pretty normal. The drop rate on books is sub .01% they are basically as rare as weapon drops. Getting a drop for a different class will basically mean you can sell them for high amounts of adena on top of normal drops.

Your spellbook farm at 40+ is really important, with the higher exp rate and alligator scrolls it means people will be lacking the amount of sp they need to actually learn skills when they get them, rather than get the books then be hard up for sp to actually use them.

3 hours ago, Mike02 said:

I have been hunting books at Sea Of Spores for more than four days and in that time I have seen 1 book. This is definitely not right.

1 book in four days? i can tell you that is very lucky if someone got a book in 4 days.

You could farm a month without book. so start dlvl until you got it or you will out-level the mobs and you will never get it

4 hours ago, wildernessbox said:

That's actually pretty normal. The drop rate on books is sub .01% they are basically as rare as weapon drops. Getting a drop for a different class will basically mean you can sell them for high amounts of adena on top of normal drops.

Your spellbook farm at 40+ is really important, with the higher exp rate and alligator scrolls it means people will be lacking the amount of sp they need to actually learn skills when they get them, rather than get the books then be hard up for sp to actually use them.

What he said..

The Spellbook lottery is one of the worst parts of Classic.

I think the Korean devs really jacked up the loot/drop table on these when they rewrote the tables for the Classic version.

Expect to pay millions for SB's like DeathWhisper, Haste, Curse Deathlink and maybe Silence, for some reason the more important and desired skills are more rare...

Other Spellbooks are pretty common, Hex, Spirit Sharing and  the Cubics seem to drop more, I'm not sure about amulets, never really payed attention to those.

It's bad enough having to drop millions on C grade gear when you hit 40 and then turn around and spend millions more on a Spellbook or two.

5 hours ago, wildernessbox said:

pretty normal except the selling part. it's more like selling for high amounts of adena that people don't have, and then you realize that instead of trying to sell expensive it's better to just trade, for other books or something.

seems many people have forgotten how hardcore it really used to be.. deleveling to farm stuff or get enough SP to learn skills was very normal back in the days

heck even upto HighFive update (the last update before Live went f2p with Godess crap) things were hardcore as I recall spending close to 2 years farming certain mobs in Monastery of Silence with spoilers to get vesper gaiter craft mats to try craft a masterwork vesper gaiter.. ^^"

in those days spoilers meant something

16 minutes ago, Draecke said:

seems many people have forgotten how hardcore it really used to be.. deleveling to farm stuff or get enough SP to learn skills was very normal back in the days

heck even upto HighFive update (the last update before Live went f2p with Godess crap) things were hardcore as I recall spending close to 2 years farming certain mobs in Monastery of Silence with spoilers to get vesper gaiter craft mats to try craft a masterwork vesper gaiter.. ^^"

in those days spoilers meant something

Yep, that is how it was in the early days but later most things turned into something more easy to acquire, even within classic. A small example, in our old classic, they introduced books and other things at npc after some patches, and the things turned to be overall more easy, except the gearing part. Even gearing, it  wasn't bad after a bit of time. At the very start of an update it was hard, but I remember hardcore players and clans gathered lots of materials to craft many s-grade weapons and armors so they can enchant them to high value, but +0/+3 s-grade was pretty affordable after some time. It happened to everything. Karmian gloves in the beginning were hard to find, some year later  later all c grade was in shop, same as the books example. With time they added easier and easier ways to acquire things. I'm sure that if it wasn't for GoD, vesper, vorpal, moirai etc would have been affordable, as they started adding recipe and parts rewards, just like with the old gear. In a way it's nice that for now they keep the old style and not the later patches of old classic, where things were easier.

You guys are also forgetting people who are 40+ right now are very much ahead of the pack in terms of levels, especially ahead of most f2p players. When you see more people hit 40 you will also see the drops in that area pop up more in the market, thus making it easier for you to get the skills you need. Right now just focus on getting anything you can that you can either sell/trade for those currently around your level or the inevitable rush of fresh 40s who want their skills asap and will pay money for them.

Archived