Private Shops

Itchy

I have never seen a rule or a suggestion even about private shops.  I have a suggestion.  And this goes to both NCSoft staff as well as to all the players.

Is it possible to somehow have people place their private shops in some sort of orderly manner?  As they are now, every town you go through there are clusters of private shops crowding the gatekeeper and sometimes other NPC's as well.  It makes it really difficult to target a needed NPC.

The other issue with the shops being so crowded is that it is sometimes difficult to target the actual shop because everything is so crowded together.  You might see something in a shop title that is interesting however after several attempts to target the shop you just can't do it.  with so many shops, names are hard to see so the /target option doesn't work so well either.

to NCSoft, is it possible to create a no-shop zone around key NPC's such as gatekeepers?  a zone with a circumference where shops simply can't be set so that players on the move can come and go freely without frustration of trying to locate the gatekeeper?

To the players, would it be so difficult to use a little bit of common sense in placing your shops?  placing shops some distance from other shops benefits not only players moving through towns but benefits the individual shops as well.  with some distance around your shop people can target you and see what you have to buy or sell or create.

it isn't rocket science but it does come pretty close to common sense.  you want to buy something or sell something? you need to be seen and people need to be able to access your shop.  can we please spread them out and not hinder the entire playing population with shops on top of the NPCs?

Thanks.

This is possible and had been used in the past to protect Giran square exits, once it became obvious that NCwest can't afford ingame GMs.

The areas prohibiting private stores in towns were lost, I would hazard a guess during the GoD transition (most likely earlier) and never came back.

Unfortunately, that would mean it is too much work for NCwest to maintain those (to copypaste them in during each maintenance).

I wonder if it would be possible for us to somehow campaign in-game, player-to-player, to try and help people understand that they are not helping anyone by crowding the shops and burying NPC's?  My guess is about 90 percent of them would get snarly, "i'll do what i want to do" and it would just create a lot of grief and consternation... 

It would be nice if NCSoft could recreate that no-shop zone.

A non-NCSoft server i was on once upon a time years ago created no-shops zone throughout Giran and directed all commerce to Giran Harbor.  Players naturally divided themselves up into groups of shots and mats sales in one area, weapons, armour, etc, in another area, and so on.  it was very organized and well managed and the players did it by themselves.  Admin staff also added a couple of warehouse keepers in the area for players' convenience. 

I'm not necessarily suggesting NCSoft do the same.  Just saying that there are other ways to manage private shops.  I hope a solution can be found.

Edit: lol? p r i v a t e becomes "illegal"  >.<

not everyone knows every NPC name.  really, no reason to call anyone a noob.  if you have a problem with this post, you don't have to read it. you certainly don't have to respond to it if you have nothing constructive or helpful to add.  thankyouverymuchandhaveaniceday.....

2 hours ago, Itchy said:

not everyone knows every NPC name.  really, no reason to call anyone a noob.  if you have a problem with this post, you don't have to read it. you certainly don't have to respond to it if you have nothing constructive or helpful to add.  thankyouverymuchandhaveaniceday.....

/target [NPC] is constructive, asking NCsoft to do something they'll never do is not. NPC names are shown on the minimap, noob.

Archived