This is the main reason of why they should increase players capacity

Himmelin

They should increase players capacity at last to 20.000 for this reason

1)with 20.000 players capacity, servers will have less than 5000 players online, main reason?

Because this 6500 players online, are people that dont want live the QUEUE, then they let the computer up, running lineage 2 in stand by, just connected, this makes, 1 slot online 24 hours/day or, 3 slots online each day

this is not ecologic for the world because makes this people uses electricity just for be logged in in a game

If you enable in the config 20.000 players as max, they will log out, because when they try to log in again, they will not have QUEUE, making the real number of players online decrease

2) another kind of solution is this, enable 20.000 players as max, and enable the KICK players after 3 hours of gameplay, this is a problem because if they get kicked while are farming, they will die, but we can say, after 3 hours of be logged in, if system founds NO ACTIVITY on that IP, they will kick it, with this, you save slots on server of inactive people

Come on ncsoft, apply my suggestions, are logic.

For example. im going to my job now, but im letting my 3 clients logged in, because when return from my job, i dont want wait 5 hours to log in, then i want to have it already logged in

same are doing my family and 3 friends, this means, at this hour

9 x 3 = 27 IPs logged in, and in stand by, we took this suggestion from another people, then this mean, maybe more people does the same, and means, more than 2000 IPs in stand by, making the QUEUE real, where you have a server with 3000 people in stand by, and just maybe 2000 playing, where this 2000, 1200 are mules

Is like play a game with 1000 players or less

How many people while they were farming saw body people dead for hours? thats people that is AFK in stand by, just because they dont want live again the queue, i can write many examples of what is happening, probabbly, we just have 2000 legit players or less, with mules many of them

and this 2000 legit players are not logged in when servers says 6500 players online, 1000 of them, are in the QUEUE, catch the big issue of have 6500 players capacity as max?, of course, dont forget a lot of people is a BOT

I understand that is something wrong with you, that's for sure. I'm here to reply to you before you start to reply to yourself. 

I don't understand why are you still here being a douche typing and typing without understanding the basics of the game.

L2 is played with boxes, i'm a honest person and I only play with 3. People with more than 1 ISP provider at home office can log more (seems fair to me). I don't care, i'm here to make my own gameplay.

20k player? are you crazy? with 6k all hunting areas are full with players fighting for the spots. 20k will be chaotic and unstable for the server.

This is simple, the server is full and if you want to play in that server pay if not go to the new servers. 1 week of gameplay is nothing compared to the long journey ahead, so your progress right now is nothing. 

This game is to play chill and calm, for example now i'll go to the Cafe and drink a few beers with friend, meanwhile ill put my shops.

People can no longer argue about the queue. There are free slots on other servers. "BUT I LEVELED TO 30!" that's nothing man. 

Stop cry, Start farm! 

I think 2018 people dont have common sense, they talk about understand how it works and truly believe the 6500 players are 6500 persons, when is 6500 / 3 = 2166 players, but it is not legit, cuz many of them abuses with vpn then it will be 2166/2 = 1083 legit players

thats the real number of legit players in giran and talking island

now if you have 1083 players killing mobs, OR 6500 KILLING MOBS, LEGITS, with max capacity of 20k players, that means, will be 6500 players KILLING MOBS, NOT 20.000

but even with 20 k players, in this old game only will log in 2000 players legit KILLING MOBS

learn mathematics and common sense and LOGIC guys, bye.

and i wont lose my job, im the boss-.

I think that at the very beginning they should open 5 servers, 3 US, 2 EU.
And give the opportunity to merge the character for 20usd. There would be no drama then.

Can not log in to the server? Move the character.

As today they will not open a new GMT + 1 server, I will stop waiting for a solution and I am waiting for Red Dead Redemption 2 :)

Good luck in the wild west guys!

Edit:

Look at last login Hime and Juji, and you know where they have us.

I do agree to increase. It won't keep players to have 15k fishing... (probably fishing as reworked this way to keep people on line more time so other people would'nt knew the server is DEAD, a ghost), but now, the fishing are the server main problem.

But extend that to 20k... when fishes start being sold for 1 adena, they will stop fishing.

1 hour ago, Himmelin said:

I think 2018 people dont have common sense, they talk about understand how it works and truly believe the 6500 players are 6500 persons, when is 6500 / 3 = 2166 players, but it is not legit, cuz many of them abuses with vpn then it will be 2166/2 = 1083 legit players

now if you have 1083 players killing mobs, OR 6500 KILLING MOBS, LEGITS, with max capacity of 20k players, that means, will be 6500 players KILLING MOBS, NOT 20.000

but even with 20 k players, in this old game only will log in 2000 players legit KILLING MOBS

Lets do you math.  2k people killing mobs.  How many grind areas are there from 0-40  20?  So you are talking 100 players per grind area?  

3 hours ago, Himmelin said:

Are you crazy? When they increased the server capacity for about 1k maybe less it was noticable in terms of lag ( still playable )

And, as mentioned before, there is no space for 20k players. Maybe there will be more space but maybe in a month or two when the average level of the players increased, but it can even return to what is was before

Right now there is no chance of increasing server capacity because THERE IS NO SPACE 

And dont come telling 2k are playing etc. You have multiple players that only use two boxes, even One! You have 200 fishing and shops, Im sorry mate its a part of L2 and you have to Stay logged on

Go to the other servers what is the problem with the GMT? It was told already it wont matter and you will always have players to play with

Cheers

My dude, I think I've replied you before.. And I'll say the same thing again..

Lineage 2's world is too small for this ammount of players, in fact, if we had 6K ppl really playing it would be too small already.. If you squeeze out AFKs, private stores, fishermen, and multiboxing, the number of actual players would be arround 2500 or 2k..

The solution for this problem is easy but noone seems to give a damn about it, some don't even want it for some stupid reason..

Auction Houses.. It doesn't need to be global AHs, each town can have an individual AH(eg: if you place an item selling in Dion's AH, it won't show in other towns' AH), that way it would keep the same classic feeling of traveling through towns in search for an item.. But way less time consuming and boring.. The numbers of Private Stores would drop significantly, therefore freeing server space.. Private stores are an antique and outdated game mechanic that you won't see as the main trading system in any MMO from nowadays. Even the Live Lineage 2 adopted AHs years ago..

Also, AHs would reduce the chances of newbies that are not familiar with the game, getting scammed for mats or any item in general, would reduce CPU usage in towns, and we also wouldn't be clicking in a dwarf everytime we tried to move in the middle of a town..

today i was 13 hours logged in, and played just 30 minutes or less, cuz i was programming things, but i just like to play the game when i stop of make software

this is sad, this server is not ECO GREEN, they dont care if the people have to let logged in the character because when they have to relax, just want log in a bit and play

Sad, year 2018, happening something like this

is supposed we should make a better world for all, but in this years many people are thinking just in how to full of money.

GG humanity

4 hours ago, NoIdea765 said:

My dude, I think I've replied you before.. And I'll say the same thing again..

Lineage 2's world is too small for this ammount of players, in fact, if we had 6K ppl really playing it would be too small already.. If you squeeze out AFKs, private stores, fishermen, and multiboxing, the number of actual players would be arround 2500 or 2k..

The solution for this problem is easy but noone seems to give a damn about it, some don't even want it for some stupid reason..

Auction Houses.. It doesn't need to be global AHs, each town can have an individual AH(eg: if you place an item selling in Dion's AH, it won't show in other towns' AH), that way it would keep the same classic feeling of traveling through towns in search for an item.. But way less time consuming and boring.. The numbers of Private Stores would drop significantly, therefore freeing server space.. Private stores are an antique and outdated game mechanic that you won't see as the main trading system in any MMO from nowadays. Even the Live Lineage 2 adopted AHs years ago..

Also, AHs would reduce the chances of newbies that are not familiar with the game, getting scammed for mats or any item in general, would reduce CPU usage in towns, and we also wouldn't be clicking in a dwarf everytime we tried to move in the middle of a town..

they can solve the trade problem, making a GLOBAL TRADE PANEL, where you put the item and a LIST, and they just search for it

this solve the issue of have GLUDIO, GIRAN AND ADEN full of people

14 years elapsed and they didnt applyied it in any chronicle, is supposed lineage 2 classic is a merge of the best things, and is sad, they never did a global trade house npc

6 hours ago, LoanWolf said:

Lets do you math.  2k people killing mobs.  How many grind areas are there from 0-40  20?  So you are talking 100 players per grind area?  

i dont know who put to you a heart

it seems you never played the REAL LINEAGE 2 X1 CHRONICLE, in that chronicle in year 2004, u had A GUILD, and FRIENDS, and if someone is farming, you just PK THEM and make what pvp players calls, PVP FUN

" get out of my spot " and you will have the funny thing of the game, PVP, probabbly in that times was 2 hours of pvp and 10 minutes of farming, that was the reason of why was so hard to lvl to lvl 75, knowing max skills lvl was 52 i guess or less

then, C1 was the best chronicle, where the people was legit and truly enjoyed the game

now it seems people is afraid of PK or do a massive pvp in a spot, i saw a lot of people soloing, and some partys of botters, all hitting the same bot, ridicolous

the new era.

- ALSO, this kind of QUEUE method, in castle battles, will make the people abuse, with a super computer of today, i7 9900k and just 1 gpu, you can log in close to 50 or more clients of lineage 2, iknow how to do it, ofc i wont, but it what is going to happen, because when this server starts to have war, they will collapse the log in, to dont let log in the war

who is going to be the winners of each castle, a GUILD FULL OF VIP USERS

QUEUE, is FAIR PLAY, and more when it says " free to play "

remember this comment, they will collapse the log in to farm baium and antharas and AQ and more.

25 minutes ago, Himmelin said:

they can solve the trade problem, making a GLOBAL TRADE PANEL, where you put the item and a LIST, and they just search for it

this solve the issue of have GLUDIO, GIRAN AND ADEN full of people

14 years elapsed and they didnt applyied it in any chronicle, is supposed lineage 2 classic is a merge of the best things, and is sad, they never did a global trade house npc

The Global trade panel is a shit, private shop are fun, you can found good stuff very cheap or you can be scammed too, you can negociate your price.

An auction house is quite boring and you have no contact with the seller.

The game is like this,

21 minutes ago, Dga said:

The Global trade panel is a shit, private shop are fun, you can found good stuff very cheap or you can be scammed too, you can negociate your price.

The game is like this,

i had contact with the seller

Whispering, and also you can put a NEGOTATION PRICE then if is setted at 230.000, you offer 210.000 and if he agree " in distance without recall " they sell it, late, he has to go to withrdraw the ammount in npc

20 minutes ago, Himmelin said:

i had contact with the seller

Whispering, and also you can put a NEGOTATION PRICE then if is setted at 230.000, you offer 210.000 and if he agree " in distance without recall " they sell it, late, he has to go to withrdraw the ammount in npc

The game its more than a decade old.  I can see you just started the game and understandably you think in possible improvements

There is an auction system already in place in the client but only the live version (GoD version) has it working

In our server even if they do enable it (which they won't) it's not going to help.  Auction does require players to pay for posting fees and we all broke at the moment

You all complaining and posting need to understand we are going though the hype and many people will start to quit or play less thus reducing the queues

It only cost $5 to be VIP and it will last up to 5 months.  Ya ya they said free to play.  Well guess what?  Most prestigious companies have loyalty programs that offer perks to their loyal customers.  In the case of L2 VIP get to log in first ...

BTW the server does kick inactive players thus why some players do leave their characters hitting a NPC.  private stores and fish are the exception of this rule. You wanna get them out?  Have a sorcerer cast blazing skin on the NPC and problem solved.  Buff the characters with might so they die quicker ...  IDK if we have sorcs yet :P

40 minutes ago, Dga said:

The game is like this,

Oh yay, getting scammed is so fun.. Buying something from an AFK character is almost the same thing as buying from an NPC, therefore this 'contact with the seller' is non existent, the seller won't even know who bought his stuff.

Imagine someone that has only 1 to 2 hours to play daily, do you think this person would want to spend this time walking in town reading bubbles and double clicking dwarfs searching for items, then teleporting to another town and repeating the process? And in the end, sometimes you don't even find what you want, so you just waste your time for nothing.. Man I love this game, but this is one of the most boring/time consuming things ever..

It's quite unfortunate that L2 community seems to have some oldfagism when it comes to changes like these, even if they can't bring any valid point to the table, they'll keep going against the idea. QOL changes like these also helps bringing new players to the game, I'm not talking about old L2 players that stopped playing, I'm talking about people that never experienced this game before, and details like these can be a total turn off for them..

'Details are the difference between good stuff and great stuff'. I have no idea who said that, but it's a plain fact.

i still logged in, i wont log out, cuz if i do that, ncsoft will put me in queue for 10 hours to relog

i think ill let the computer awake forever.

now ill go to sleep with computer on and all my chars AFK, i wont lose my slot in game, i wont go to queue

total played today 2 hours, time logged in close to 20 hours i guess, and now some hours more

see you tomorrow

Archived