Jump to content
Forums

Curious question, why is classic always 1.5 - 2.0?


Recommended Posts

Just curious, why is every classic server i see always 1.5 or 2.0? NCSoft, Innova, illegal servers, they all let you get the classic experience with half the map removed.

For me classic was when i played 10 years ago, i'm not sure if it was C4, C5 or Interlude, but i had all map available. Catacombs, Necropolises, Valley of Saints, Valakas Lair, subclasses, i had everything and it was friking awesome!

I admit it was a illegal server (but a very good populated one). There was no L2 Store in it. No P2W elements. Because it was a illegal server all quests short of class quests were disabled.

Exp and adena drop were 1x, there were no instances and no reward quests, so for me that was a true classic experience with almost all map and content available.

What happened in the official server after 1.5 that made NCSoft remove catacombs and necropolises and maps like Valley of Saints that they are not part of this classic version?

Were the quest rewards too high after 1.5? Did they change the drop or something? Why are they not part of classic? Because i frikin loved the catacombs and the new maps back then and they had the same 1x classic drop rate on the server i played.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Because classic is another client, a new project from Korea and is not the one that you have played 10 years ago. 

its not only 1.5 or 2.0. There is also 2.5 and 3.0 i guess in Korea. 

the one that you have played 10 years ago was a different game with different UI and lots of other things.

Even Gludio didn't had any grass on the ground in the town square.

So this one is an improved game technically with different rules but in most part it keeps a big portion of the hardcore and old-school experience.

Also this version is supported from NCSoft in the year 2018+ and new things and improvements are released. 

C1 C2 or whatever, is not supported anymore. It's done back then and is over.

i dont think that C1 back then had all map and everything as you said. back then also content was released due time like the classic you play now. 

another thing is that classic is not x1 is less so its more hardcore. i think is 1/6x so by the time you are 50+ in classic you would have been 70+ in c3 or c4.

 

Edited by existenz
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, existenz said:

Because classic is another client, a new project from Korea and is not the one that you have played 10 years ago. 

its not only 1.5 or 2.0. There is also 2.5 and 3.0 i guess in Korea. 

the one that you have played 10 years ago was a different game with different UI and lots of other things.

Even Gludio didn't had any grass on the ground in the town square.

So this one is an improved game technically with different rules but in most part it keeps a big portion of the hardcore and old-school experience.

Also this version is supported from NCSoft in the year 2018+ and new things and improvements are released.

Aha, i see. So basically the classic version is a graphically remaster of the old areas not just 1x drop rates.

But didn't the Live version already remastered all areas? How hard is it to just adjust mob drops and release the whole content as classic?

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Payne said:

Aha, i see. So basically the classic version is a graphically remaster of the old areas not just 1x drop rates.

But didn't the Live version already remastered all areas? How hard is it to just adjust mob drops and release the whole content as classic?

that is what they did. its a new client changed a lot that has a hardcore feeling. that will do the job just fine. i dont want to play in a 14 old client. i want to play in a new client with old-school feeling

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

22 hours ago, existenz said:

another thing is that classic is not x1 is less so its more hardcore. i think is 1/6x so by the time you are 50+ in classic you would have been 70+ in c3 or c4.

hahaha im sure u never play in C1- C4. This "classic" Lineage2 its, in exp, Really tones and tones easiest than C4, its so easy that is ridiculous. Moreover u can box and have runes and scroll of exp. Its so pathetic they call this game "classic". Im Really pissed off that quest 35+ that gives u 60% of a lvl in less than 20 minutes. This is not "classic" Lineage, this is "casual" lineage. And about adena… im 36 Oracle no vip and have 900k + 900k of some DD friend that give me party = a top D Weapon for the DD. More or less same as C4.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Payne said:

So basically then it will repeat the same mistakes? Can't wait for Goddess of Destruction update xD

no, l2 classic is supposed to be that whole lineage before the god update, but with some changes. that's the point of classic, for anything else there are live servers.. for now it's like this but they will come with updates later on.

16 minutes ago, Vitalicio said:

 

 

hahaha im sure u never play in C1- C4. This "classic" Lineage2 its, in exp, Really tones and tones easiest than C4, its so easy that is ridiculous. Moreover u can box and have runes and scroll of exp. Its so pathetic they call this game "classic". Im Really pissed off that quest 35+ that gives u 60% of a lvl in less than 20 minutes. This is not "classic" Lineage, this is "casual" lineage. And about adena… im 36 Oracle no vip and have 900k + 900k of some DD friend that give me party = a top D Weapon for the DD. More or less same as C4.

don't judge the game for the early levels. later on it will be a lot harder to level in the new classic.

here is the xp difference you're looking for: https://eu.4gameforum.com/threads/536649/

see at the bottom. in the new l2c you need 564% more xp than in the older classic to reach level 75. basically it would feel  like leveling more than 6  characters to 75. korea opened classic many years ago, right now they have under 30 hardcore players who reached 85. on eu which is 3 years old highest hardcore character is 81 and he is the only one 81.

the quests you find in newbie areas were more rewarding in c3/c4 than it is now, not in xp but in adena/shots.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/19/2018 at 5:52 AM, Payne said:

Just curious, why is every classic server i see always 1.5 or 2.0? NCSoft, Innova, illegal servers, they all let you get the classic experience with half the map removed.

For me classic was when i played 10 years ago, i'm not sure if it was C4, C5 or Interlude, but i had all map available. Catacombs, Necropolises, Valley of Saints, Valakas Lair, subclasses, i had everything and it was friking awesome!

I admit it was a illegal server (but a very good populated one). There was no L2 Store in it. No P2W elements. Because it was a illegal server all quests short of class quests were disabled.

Exp and adena drop were 1x, there were no instances and no reward quests, so for me that was a true classic experience with almost all map and content available.

What happened in the official server after 1.5 that made NCSoft remove catacombs and necropolises and maps like Valley of Saints that they are not part of this classic version?

Were the quest rewards too high after 1.5? Did they change the drop or something? Why are they not part of classic? Because i frikin loved the catacombs and the new maps back then and they had the same 1x classic drop rate on the server i played.

"Classic" is a modified form of the game in its Vanilla state. Vanilla Lineage II did not have any of those areas at launch. As it stand, you are already getting much more out the gate with the launch state of the Classic servers.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...