Old player returning after hiatus

lws96

Hello everyone,

I am an on-again, off-again player of Lineage 2. I originally started back in the day when it first came out, and quit after a couple months.  The game, while fun, took too much time from my much-needed other duties so I didn't think I was getting enough game play for what I was paying for at the time. 

From time to time I dreamt of coming back here, and joined private, free servers whenever the urge became too strong.  I came back in 2014 when I found out that the game was "Truly Free" but left again due to the bot-selling and farming taking the joy out of leveling.   For the past 1.5 years I've been playing another MMORPG and thought I'd come back to see what this game is like now.  Quite honestly, I am lost and confused.  I play on the live NAIA server.

I don't see the bots anymore, the servers are practically empty.  I could count on one hand the number of PCs I came across in my 2 hours of being online last night. All of the old pages I used to rely on to consult and level up are gone.  This includes both 3rd party links as well as *.lineage2.com pages.  Even the "Path to Awakening" link off the launch screen is broken.

One of the things I didn't like were the joining of the clans and doing castle sieges.  I enjoyed questing.  Now I don't know what's available to help level up or give the sense of accomplishment in a day's play.  Is there any place that has guides that applies to TODAY'S Lineage 2 for newbies or people like me?    

Archived