Anyone else lose account due to alleged third party program use?

sirenssong

After trying to log in Wednesday I got an "Account locked due to suspicious activity message" I emailed support immediately. And then just today I got an email saying they hadn't heard from me in 48 hours. Included in this email was their statement that the penalty of using a third party program would stand. I haven't touched anything even remotely related to game play. I do use a VPN but that was said to not be a problem.

I've spent enough money to be VIP4 and then some. I just hit 30 when my account had been locked and was excited to continue onto 40, I would never use a bot or illegal program and am really upset and disappointed that NC would lock my account for no real reason. What proof or evidence do they have to show that I was using a third-party program?

I was just wondering if anyone is in a similar situation or was able to resolve this and get their account back?

Similar experience, I had two locked sometime between Wednesday night and Thursday morning.  I put in two tickets, but no responses(except the auto-reply).  Fresh windows 10 install with no third party programs, antivirus, etc

I only got them to around lv 11, doing the newbie quests.  It was a new trio I was putting together, and oddly they didn't lock the third account.

1 minute ago, brokencup said:

Similar experience, I had two locked sometime between Wednesday night and Thursday morning.  I put in two tickets, but no responses(except the auto-reply).  Fresh windows 10 install with no third party programs, antivirus, etc

I only got them to around lv 11, doing the newbie quests.  It was a new trio I was putting together, and oddly they didn't lock the third account.

I'm honestly really confused and would love a better response than "sorry you're permanently banned". I also have a spoiler on another account that I was duoing with the one that got banned and that account is still active.

Got my buffer account blocked few hours after it was created (thought at that time both my main and my buffer account got a dc). When i try to login - its fine with my main, but my buffer is blocked.

Reached to the support and a bit less than 2 days it was unblocked.

The reply from support was:

" It appears this account was caught in our regular account security review. After thoroughly reviewing this account, I have decided to remove the block that was placed on it. You may now access our services again. "

10 minutes ago, Lloth said:

I suspect they don't know why they're banning.  They just get a flag from that new invasive software that you've something installed, then ban based on that.  I doubt it even sends what it's detected.

I wouldn't be surprised. "Something besides Lineage is open on their computer - ban em."

I was willing to give NC the benefit of the doubt when I heard others were having this issue but not anymore.

20 minutes ago, sirenssong said:

I wouldn't be surprised. "Something besides Lineage is open on their computer - ban em."

I was willing to give NC the benefit of the doubt when I heard others were having this issue but not anymore.

That would be surprising as I regularly play other games on the same computer at the same time as lineage 2. I was actually amazed that xignwhatever plays so well with so many of my games.

I play lineage 2 on three desktops and one laptop for six clients total. Got my first captcha yesterday thanks to some white knight wannabe that doesn't understand how macros work or how to hit f2 on more than one keyboard at a time.

They do seem to be sensitive to accounts being logged in from new IP chains. People who log in at work and home tend to have problems.

13 minutes ago, Tool_of_Society said:

That would be surprising as I regularly play other games on the same computer at the same time as lineage 2. I was actually amazed that xignwhatever plays so well with so many of my games.

I play lineage 2 on three desktops and one laptop for six clients total. Got my first captcha yesterday thanks to some white knight wannabe that doesn't understand how macros work or how to hit f2 on more than one keyboard at a time.

They do seem to be sensitive to accounts being logged in from new IP chains. People who log in at work and home tend to have problems.

That was my initial thought since I have a VPN. I don't really use it when I'm playing games but it auto-connects and I'll often forget that. There were a few occasions where I logged onto a different IP than my usual.

11 hours ago, sirenssong said:

After trying to log in Wednesday I got an "Account locked due to suspicious activity message" I emailed support immediately. And then just today I got an email saying they hadn't heard from me in 48 hours. Included in this email was their statement that the penalty of using a third party program would stand. I haven't touched anything even remotely related to game play. I do use a VPN but that was said to not be a problem.

I've spent enough money to be VIP4 and then some. I just hit 30 when my account had been locked and was excited to continue onto 40, I would never use a bot or illegal program and am really upset and disappointed that NC would lock my account for no real reason. What proof or evidence do they have to show that I was using a third-party program?

exacly the same happened to me with the difference that i dont have vpn and i have vip 3>> when asked for a proof they said that they cant reveal. 

ye this ip thing is so annoying...and could be the reason i got locked also but i dont know...

i play from 2 different locations and im thinking maybe when i was trying to log from home 

waiting in queue then i press cancel but it still keep u login ..

then i try to log from work next day morning and maybe the system saw that 2 different ip login at the same time or something and got locked..

Doing it from two different IP addresses doesn't automatically trigger a ban, at least when there is some time passed between the uses. Even if the IP addresses "belong" to two different cities.

If they belong to different countries, and you switch between them fast, you may have problems (careful with playing at work in an international corporation). You may also have problems if you buy NCoins not from the same country you appear to be playing from.

58 minutes ago, Finn said:

and again.... don't use ur shitty software that runs in background like music players and so on....

thats no answer man... i have so many things inside torrents music video players other software and whatever else 

also in work use lots of other programs... so what that has to do with l2 ? off course im gonna use other programs

u cant expect people that play l2 dont use nothing else in the pc 

or at least give an answer to people what exactly program they got locked for ..so they take action... and avoid it ...

u cant just lock accounts and dont even give answer what for...

7 hours ago, Finn said:

and again.... don't use ur shitty software that runs in background like music players and so on....

Are you kidding? You're suggesting people have NOTHING else running on there computer besides Lineage 2?

And would having Spotify or Discord open really qualify me for a ban? How does that make sense.

Archived