Can i use razer synapse macro

TXD05

Hi all.

I have a question.
can u answer me please.
Can i use razer synapse macro from razer mouse.
I want to unblock multiple actions into one button, I do not know if this is breaking the law.
Ex: "press keyboard 1 then 2 then 3" become one click "press keyboard 1"
Thank you so much.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, TXD05 said:

Hi all.

I have a question.
can u answer me please.
Can i use razer synapse macro from razer mouse.
I want to unblock multiple actions into one button, I do not know if this is breaking the law.
Thank you so much.

Oh man I would love an official answer.  Kinda of a grey area ?

The safe answer is no.  Obviously if you ever set up a loop that could run when you aren't at the computer, that's clearly against the rules.  And even if you're at the computer, that same looping is still illegal.  

If you want to do 3 actions together and be safe, use in game macros.  If that can't do something, then you're pushing the grey area of a 3rd party program letting you do something that's not possible in the game.

Ask support.  But regardless of what they say, it's no better than a grey area and it's going to be at least some risk.

Well, as long as you dont make a macro that does anything for you while you are afk/automate anything i don't see anything wrong with it/against TOS.
I doubt that they will give an official answer tho, just imagine the uproar that they will have to deal with if they say macro keyboards/mouse are fair play.

Thank @zaaka , I have read your excerpts, it's really helpful, it shows that setting up macros from razer synapse is allowed if you just use it to help you simplify the operation, instead of using it for auto.

On 2018-10-20 at 11:50 AM, TXD05 said:

Thank @zaaka , I have read your excerpts, it's really helpful, it shows that setting up macros from razer synapse is allowed if you just use it to help you simplify the operation, instead of using it for auto.

On 2018-10-20 at 9:36 AM, Zaaka said:

On 2018-10-20 at 7:45 AM, Saintly said:

Well, as long as you dont make a macro that does anything for you while you are afk/automate anything i don't see anything wrong with it/against TOS.
I doubt that they will give an official answer tho, just imagine the uproar that they will have to deal with if they say macro keyboards/mouse are fair play.

On 2018-10-20 at 2:36 AM, Greco said:

Oh man I would love an official answer.  Kinda of a grey area ?

Guys, here's an official answer. 

Yiar (Lineage 2)

Oct 20, 07:45 PDT

Hello,

Our policy is that each keystroke or mouse click should equal one action in-game. Players should not use add-ons or programs that fully automate gameplay (such as bot programs) or that give you an advantage over other players (such as damage increase hacks, speedhacks or auto-target hacks). Just use your best judgement and you should be fine. If there is an add-on or program that clearly gives you an advantage over other players, do not use it. 

If you have any other questions about what is considered a violation, please refer to the User Agreement and Rules of Conduct: http://us.ncsoft.com/en/legal/user-agreements/

9 minutes ago, kupuldog said:

Guys, here's an official answer. 

Yiar (Lineage 2)

Hello,

Our policy is that each keystroke or mouse click should equal one action in-game. Players should not use add-ons or programs that fully automate gameplay (such as bot programs) or that give you an advantage over other players (such as damage increase hacks, speedhacks or auto-target hacks). Just use your best judgement and you should be fine. If there is an add-on or program that clearly gives you an advantage over other players, do not use it. 

If you have any other questions about what is considered a violation, please refer to the User Agreement and Rules of Conduct: http://us.ncsoft.com/en/legal/user-agreements/

Which says macro's of whatever type , including the ones from Razer, are OK, as long as you do not fully automate your gameplay = Afk gameplay.

As long as you press the button(s) and control your character(s), you should be fine!

This is what the guy asked.

And this is the beginning of support answer, I asked support very similar question as he did.

Our policy is that each keystroke or mouse click should equal one action in-game.

38 minutes ago, IceAge said:

Which says macro's of whatever type , including the ones from Razer, are OK, as long as you do not fully automate your gameplay = Afk gameplay.

As long as you press the button(s) and control your character(s), you should be fine!

So as long as 1 key press doesn't become 2+ key presses, you should be fine!

38 minutes ago, IceAge said:

23 minutes ago, kupuldog said:

No! Is ok for 1 key press to become 2+ keys pressed, same as the in-game macro! What do you think the in-game macro do ? press 1 key = up to .. how many keys? 12?

1 minute ago, IceAge said:

No! Is ok for 1 key press to become 2+ keys pressed, same as the in-game macro! What do you think the in-game macro do ? press 1 key = up to .. how many keys? 12?

Why are you denying support answer, do you have problems with respecting authorities rules? And so why then you need mouse macros if you have alt+r macros? You can ask support the same question and you will get - no it's not ok to make your mouse perform 3 actions with 1 click.

1 minute ago, kupuldog said:

Why are you denying support answer, do you have problems with respecting authorities rules? And so why then you need mouse macros if you have alt+r macros? You can ask support the same question and you will get - no it's not ok to make your mouse perform 3 actions with 1 click.

I think you miss understand what are you saying, is fine!

Basically you DON'T need to make a mouse macro to perform 3 actions clicks, since you have the in-game macro and so, you can make that macro with 12 keys , but pressed with the mouse key.

Another then that, at the same time, is fine to make a mouse macro, pressing 3 in-game keys, say F1.F2.F3 . Why shouldn't be ok since you can already do that with in-game macro?

Also, where does the support says about this?

If you back staff into a corner and force them to provide an official" answer - they're going to cover their ass and say "technically its not 100% allowed".....

Obviously right? However, many many times staff has commented on the matter in a formal matter - some examples provided at top of this thread.

Its fine to use, as long as you're not abusing it. They don't scan for repeated keystrokes like some here are suggesting. xD

On live, since beginning of time you could pretty much bot with your speedpad, and as long as you're in front of your screen, you're 100% safe.

People use it to automate shots, spam cp, shout wtb/wts advertisements in town.

People use left mouse click spam to assist off party bar, get dances and songs from boxed chars - etc.

1 minute ago, IceAge said:

I think you miss understand what are you saying, is fine!

Basically you DON'T need to make a mouse macro to perform 3 actions clicks, since you have the in-game macro and so, you can make that macro with 12 keys , but pressed with the mouse key.

Another then that, at the same time, is fine to make a mouse macro, pressing 3 in-game keys, say F1.F2.F3 . Why shouldn't be ok since you can already do that with in-game macro?

Also, where does the support says about this?

At least in my email and I pasted the response, i can do it again and highlight about mouse/keyboard.

Yiar (Lineage 2)

Hello,

12 minutes ago, kupuldog said:

At least in my email and I pasted the response, i can do it again and highlight about mouse/keyboard.

Yiar (Lineage 2)

Hello,

He miss-typed that or he mean something else since you can make a in-game macro to perform more then one action in-game.

1 minute ago, Zace said:

You're retarded because I see you all over the forums posting garbage and misinformation.

2nd time calling me retarded because I'm posting in the forums. Nice.

..and misinformation. Care to give me an exemple of what misinformation I said?! C'mon, don't be shy. I know you are a white knight, but at least, be proud of your title.

2 hours ago, Zace said:

Dude you are beyond retarded, seek help.

Also to answer OP, I can guarantee you it's not allowed.

umm... its not protected under official policy, but staff says its ok many many times now. No bans ever from macros :P

Geeze, people been using macros on L2 since launch. People create bots with it and staff says its ok as long as you're in front of pc.

If staff suspect you macro botting, they might pm you to find out if youre afk or not. That is worst thing they say will happen.

Archived