Can i use razer synapse macro

TXD05

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, smashthatbass said:

General live forums over past 14 years :D

On first page of this thread someone posted link with some responses. Those are just a small few.

Just wondering, are you new to L2 official or been away for a long time?

"The best way to determine if how you are using these devices is a violation or not is by asking yourself "Can a normal keyboard/mouse combination replicate the same behavior?" If how you are using the programmable device can be done through a regular mouse/keyboard combination, then you won't have anything to worry about"

Reading is le hard. I'll make it easier to understand for you, if you are using the Razer mouse or Nostromo you can set the extra keys to perform an in-game macro or skill, however once you set the key to start performing more than 1 skill or macro per click it's illegal.

2 minutes ago, Zace said:

"The best way to determine if how you are using these devices is a violation or not is by asking yourself "Can a normal keyboard/mouse combination replicate the same behavior?" If how you are using the programmable device can be done through a regular mouse/keyboard combination, then you won't have anything to worry about"

Reading is le hard.

The rest of that statement for context:

The best way to determine if how you are using these devices is a violation or not is by asking yourself "Can a normal keyboard/mouse combination replicate the same behavior?" If how you are using the programmable device can be done through a regular mouse/keyboard combination, then you won't have anything to worry about.

One example I often hear of is spamming CP potions. These devices can be setup to endlessly spam CP potions with the push of a button. Repeatedly consuming CP potions is possible through the use of a regular keyboard by setting up a hotkey and just holding down the hotkey on the keyboard. The difference is if the programmable device is somehow able to detect the character's CP level and automatically start spamming CP potions at a specific level and then automatically stop spamming the CP potions at a specific level.

There is a very distinguishable difference between using these devices to facilitate game play compared to using these devices to automate game play. We're looking for and testing for the automation. If the character is found to be exhibiting behavior that cannot be replicated through the use of a normal keyboard/mouse setup, then the character is considered to be "botting" even if they are only using a programmable device like the Logitech G15 or Nostromo.

Concluding as long as you're not reading game memory to automate gameplay (auto detect when cp is low which automatically starts macro)  - then you're fine.

Basically, don't be injecting code into the games process or use pixel bots.

The Nostromo SpeedPad is not considered in violation of our rules, unless it is used to automate actions for your character when you are away from the keyboard. Using it to repeat shouts and/or crafts while you are not present is considered 3rd party software use and is against our rules. As long as you are present at the keyboard while using the joystick functions, you are safe and within the rules

Many of these questions were in response to people asking if its ok to set macro that "alt+tab, then uses fkey, then alt+tab again".

etc.

Those commands can be accomplished through regular keyboard and mouse usage. 

However, if you had a script that detected that your main was low on HP and then automatically initiated above macro - that would be illegal. 

34 minutes ago, Zace said:

Reading is le hard. I'll make it easier to understand for you, if you are using the Razer mouse or Nostromo you can set the extra keys to perform an in-game macro or skill, however once you set the key to start performing more than 1 skill or macro per click it's illegal.

Man, you are bad at reading and understanding things.

More then 1 skill ?! You can already setup an in-game macro to perform more then 1 skill! Geez!

1 minute ago, IceAge said:

Man, you are bad at reading and understanding things.

More then 1 skill ?! You can already setup an in-game macro to perform more then 1 skill! Geez!

lmao you can't be serious.. you have to be a troll.

10 minutes ago, Zace said:

lmao you can't be serious.. you have to be a troll.

Actually he is 100% correct; using the in game macro system my buffer can cast all of the melee buffs (which at her level is 4 separate skills) with a single click of F1 and go back to auto-following my main, or cast all of the casting buffs on herself and go back to auto-following my main with a single press of F2 (again that is 4 separate skills).....only using the in game macro system. This is of course 100% allowed since the developers themselves had included this functionality into the game itself. Of course, if you had a clue on the subject you was actually talking about you would already know this, and had long since bowed out of the conversation.

Just now, Trox said:

Actually he is 100% correct; using the in game macro system my buffer can cast all of the melee buffs (which at her level is 4 separate skills) with a single click of F1 and go back to auto-following my main, or cast all of the casting buffs on herself and go back to auto-following my main with a single press of F2 (again that is 4 separate skills).....only using the in game macro system. This is of course 100% allowed since the developers themselves had included this functionality into the game itself. Of course, if you had a clue on the subject you was actually talking about you would already know this, and had long since bowed out of the conversation.

Yea no one is disputing this, I'm talking about setting your mouse to execute more than one in-game macro with a single click.

On 10/20/2018 at 2:22 AM, TXD05 said:

Can i use razer synapse macro from razer mouse.

I want to unblock multiple actions into one button, I do not know if this is breaking the law.
Ex: "press keyboard 1 then 2 then 3" become one click "press keyboard 1"

I think NO. As this gives un unfair advantage to other players who have to press those buttons manually. Any 3rd party automation program is against the rules as far as I know. You want to automate? use in-game macro, that are not 100% reliable all the time and sometimes fail. But, as you're watching your screen you can easily trigger them again.

Just now, Zace said:

Yea no one is disputing this, I'm talking about setting your mouse to execute more than one in-game macro with a single click.

54 minutes ago, Zace said:

however once you set the key to start performing more than 1 skill or macro per click it's illegal.

Nope, you are disputing this...…………

1 minute ago, Zace said:

Truth it is a gray area since mainly it would be impossible from them to prove that is what you are doing as long as you was at the keyboard. Which is why they have always been ambiguous in answering that, and have in the past said you won't get banned for using them as long as you were there when a GM came knocking on your screen,

6 minutes ago, Zace said:

Also to be fair reading the OP main times I don't think he was aware that the in game macro system would let you set it up to cast a bunch of skills one after the other; he did specifically ask about skill 1 and skill 2 and never mentioned macros.

1 minute ago, Zace said:

lmao re-read the second sentence you just quoted.. holy shit lol.

59 minutes ago, Zace said:

or macro per click it's illegal.

THIS?!

Or per click? If per click, what those even mean ?! You are not allowed to setup a macro with your mouse software to perform more then 1 skill ?! But in-game is ok? LOL!

Go outside. Seriously! This is not for you.

1 minute ago, Trox said:

Also to be fair reading the OP main times I don't think he was aware that the in game macro system would let you set it up to cast a bunch of skills one after the other; he did specifically ask about skill 1 and skill 2 and never mentioned macros.

Because "engrish" I guess? He used a translated website.

1 minute ago, IceAge said:

THIS?!

Or per click? If per click, what those even mean ?! You are not allowed to setup a macro with your mouse software to perform more then 1 skill ?! But in-game is ok? LOL!

Go outside. Seriously! This is not for you.

deja_q_hd_046_resized_6484.jpg

3 minutes ago, Trox said:

Yea maybe you're right and he doesn't know how to use in-game macros even :D

Just now, Zace said:

deja_q_hd_046_resized_6484.jpg

No man! You can't even express yourself what do you want to say lol.

Stop with the "pro" attitude. If you want to be taken serious, explain. Your whole sentence does not make sense in the first place since a character in-game can perform 1 action AT A TIME. 

If you mean, which you'll now say "Yes yes..that's what I meant" is : Make 10 macro's in-game , then bind all 10 into one key with your mouse software ( aka loop all your 10 macro's from in-game ) then that's illegal. But as I said, your sentence does not make sense since you also included "1 skill". And even without the "1 skill", is still doesn't even come close to what I explained above.

So , my time to /facepalm !

Just now, IceAge said:

No man! You can't even express yourself what do you want to say lol.

Stop with the "pro" attitude. If you want to be taken serious, explain. Your whole sentence does not make sense in the first place since a character in-game can perform 1 action AT A TIME. 

If you mean, which you'll now say "Yes yes..that's what I meant" is : Make 10 macro's in-game , then bind all 10 into one key with your mouse software ( aka loop all your 10 macro's from in-game ) then that's illegal. But as I said, your sentence does not make sense since you also included "1 skill". And even without the "1 skill", is still doesn't even come close to what I explained above.

So , my time to /facepalm !

Work on your reading comprehension, it really sucks.

Archived