41 Tyrant - What now?

FatChocobo

A few days ago I hit level 41 on my Tyrant, and 40 on my Warcryer, but aside from the daily quest in Dungeon of Abyss I have no idea what I can do.

I'm using a +3 bich'hwa, with the heavy moon armour set, and the novice jewellery.

Everywhere I've gone to try to find good, sustainable exp has extremely poor mob density, and the group farming zones like CT/AI don't drop enough adena for a group to be able to sustainably farm. Areas like SoS and IT crater are *okay* but I need to rest too often for it to be efficient.

At a complete loss as to what to do now.

8 hours ago, FatChocobo said:

A few days ago I hit level 41 on my Tyrant, and 40 on my Warcryer, but aside from the daily quest in Dungeon of Abyss I have no idea what I can do.

I'm using a +3 bich'hwa, with the heavy moon armour set, and the novice jewellery.

Everywhere I've gone to try to find good, sustainable exp has extremely poor mob density, and the group farming zones like CT/AI don't drop enough adena for a group to be able to sustainably farm. Areas like SoS and IT crater are *okay* but I need to rest too often for it to be efficient.

At a complete loss as to what to do now.

That's what happens when you lvl too fast. Anyway, you need to find a CP or a clan now. Or, go to Dragon Valley/Death Pass where the skeletons are and try to grind there. 

1 hour ago, ZygiA said:

That's what happens when you lvl too fast. Anyway, you need to find a CP or a clan now. Or, go to Dragon Valley/Death Pass where the skeletons are and try to grind there. 

What's what happens when you level too fast? If you think the skeletons are grindable at this level and with this gear then I don't know what to say.

I'm going to be completely honest with you. If you don't plan to buy adena to be able to deck yourself out in some better gear and you do not have a box to heal more efficiently then you cannot solo well anymore. This is the second hurdle of the drop rate being broken. Your best bet is to try to find mage aoe parties and overhit for them. Failing that you should make a third box as a support to assist in dps / or get your warcryer a dagger or something so your joint damage is higher to reduce the resting in areas you can handle. The issue with wc support is lack of mana efficient heals means your survivability is vr reliant which is gear reliant. For better gear you'll need cash, so.

Farm spellbooks to sell for adena if you can handle the mobs or,

If you have some initial money then you should invest in a top no grade nuker weapon and make nuker boxes to do spider quest and hit lv20 for coins to sell for mats. This is probably the best way to make money on the server right now if you oneshot the spiders. If you have no desire to do any of those things then I recommend just waiting. Lots of mage parties are at the 36~ range right now and aren't too far off being on par with you to group up. Your daily exp will also eventually bring you to 46 where you'll have ogre totem and fist fury to help surviving. 

As others have said; you leveled too fast. 

Option A:  Start your gear grind.  My honest advice; hold off on C grade and work on farming the key parts for top D.  For you that would be Scallop Jamadhrs and Salamander (could save for C armor as well).  Unlike old L2, top D is feasible for a bit later because it benefits more from enchants than in the past and, melee weaps only use 1 SS.  Additionally; Moon armor is closer to mid/low D than Top.  The ability to even +3/4 Salamander (in addition to its already higher base PDef) makes it quite a bit better than Moon.  Both of the Key parts for these items drop from various Timak Orcs which you should be able to kill.  Other Top D weap parts drop as well so you should be able to barter as needed.  Slow down, develop a plan, and recognize that focusing primarily on levels is counterproductive.

Option B:  RMT 

Amazing how people says "You leveled too fast". I mean really ?

Is his fault for the bonus XP which NcSoft has been giving and fcked up the rates and managed to ruin the balance between leveling and progression ?!

Stop saying to people "You leveled too fast". That's his style of play. Who are you to tell him "Nope! That's not how you should play". In beauty in Lineage 2, is that you can play however you want. But not on this server.

In a normal Classic server with normal rates, there should be no issues with Leveling vs Gear Progression, but here we are, telling people to stop leveling, or join a clan of you want to progress.

………..at level 40!

Pathetic.

39 minutes ago, IceAge said:

Amazing how people says "You leveled too fast". I mean really ?

Is his fault for the bonus XP which NcSoft has been giving and fcked up the rates and managed to ruin the balance between leveling and progression ?!

Stop saying to people "You leveled too fast". That's his style of play. Who are you to tell him "Nope! That's not how you should play". In beauty in Lineage 2, is that you can play however you want. But not on this server.

In a normal Classic server with normal rates, there should be no issues with Leveling vs Gear Progression, but here we are, telling people to stop leveling, or join a clan of you want to progress.

………..at level 40!

Pathetic.

I agree with you, I actually levelled to 40 by farming in zones that drop useful things to me...

I've been trying to farm for Scallop Jamadhr, which only drops from 40+ mobs anyway, so my gear is nothing to do with levelling speed. Also, I've killed 1k+ of the mobs that drop it, and only gotten 1 edge.

I don't understand why people are telling me to focus on d grade gear, when the only upgrades in armour give like +20 pdef at most which will make no noticeable difference at all.

21 hours ago, Rodah said:

As others have said; you leveled too fast. 

Option A:  Start your gear grind.  My honest advice; hold off on C grade and work on farming the key parts for top D.  For you that would be Scallop Jamadhrs and Salamander (could save for C armor as well).  Unlike old L2, top D is feasible for a bit later because it benefits more 1)from enchants than in the past and, 2) melee weaps only use 1 SS.  Additionally; 3) Moon armor is closer to mid/low D than Top.  The ability to even +3/4 Salamander (in addition to its already higher base PDef) makes it quite a bit better than Moon.  Both of the Key parts for these items drop from various Timak Orcs which you should be able to kill.  4) Other Top D weap parts drop as well so you should be able to barter as needed5) Slow down, develop a plan, and recognize that focusing primarily on levels is counterproductive.

Option B:  RMT 

1) What enchants?! You cannot spoil EAD/EWA. They only drop. So , gl & hf getting them.

2) Are we playing the same game?! All weapons no matter the grade, uses 1 SS in classic ……… ( https://l2wiki.com/classic/Elven_Bow exemple of NOT a melee weapon )

3) ………….. how is this a problem for him?! Higher P.Def ? Explain to me how. I mean it .

4) Drop weapon parts?! :)) Btw, what's your level ?!

5) I really want to know your level now with this 'slow down and develop a plan'. What .. plan do you have? How do you manage to be productive? You don't need to give us your secret productive idea, but .. just some hints. 

Option B: RMT. There you go people. If you cannot come with a "master plan to be productive" , your only option is to RMT. And this comes from a white knight of NcSoft.

29 minutes ago, IceAge said:

1) What enchants?! You cannot spoil EAD/EWA. They only drop. So , gl & hf getting them.

2) Are we playing the same game?! All weapons no matter the grade, uses 1 SS in classic ……… ( https://l2wiki.com/classic/Elven_Bow exemple of NOT a melee weapon )

3) ………….. how is this a problem for him?! Higher P.Def ? Explain to me how. I mean it .

4) Drop weapon parts?! :)) Btw, what's your level ?!

5) I really want to know your level now with this 'slow down and develop a plan'. What .. plan do you have? How do you manage to be productive? You don't need to give us your secret productive idea, but .. just some hints. 

Option B: RMT. There you go people. If you cannot come with a "master plan to be productive" , your only option is to RMT. And this comes from a white knight of NcSoft.

I could just obliterate you for being clueless about the game but I'll try to provide some feedback instead.

1.  You can get EWD/EWC from Lux shop in Giran.  They cost roughly 220k (takes some D crys so cost varies a bit).

2.  I am well aware melee weaps use only 1 SS in classic.  On live (old L2) they didn't; that's the point.  Previously D/C Weaps used 3 SS and they received less boost from enchants so the idea was to get out of them ASAP.  People may or may not be stuck in that mind set; IDK.  I was just pointing out that D grade is much more viable now.  

3.  Re-reading his post I see that he is using Moon Hvy so I will amend my comment to just say that Moon (regardless of type) is a low/mid grade armor set which cannot be enchanted.  So... it is AN UPGRADE to get Brig/Salamander.  To further elaborate; VR is nerfed in classic so having PDef and or heals is more important than in the past.

4.  I am 37/37/37 (Nuker/Oracle/Cleric).  I have a +3 Goat Staff and D Jewels ATM.  I Searched everywhere to find spots which ensure I always make adena during a buff round (hint: if you can't 2 shot the mobs find another spot).  And here is another hint; green and light blue mobs are your friends.  I'm not sure about your other comment "drop weapon parts?"  Yeah; my advice was for him to start farming parts to craft the top D fists.  I also pointed out that ALL top D weap parts drop in Timak Outpost so he can buy/sell/trade other parts to get his Scallop Edges.    

5.  My "plan" is pretty straight forward.  Keep cruising with my trio in spots where I make adena and transition to either Timak, SoS, or Crater to farm Weap parts or Spell Books when I hit 45ish.  And just FYI; I bought a Chronicle Pack on all three of my accounts but I DID NOT pop my Rune.  I dropped enough $ on all three to make them VIP 4 and with that bonus I am doing just fine.  I am leveling at a steady pace but with 3x chars it's slow enough were I can make adena without hitting a wall like the OP did.  By the time all three of my toons hit 40 I should have about 1m saved up.    

As to the "leveling too fast" comment; I stand by it.  Obviously I don't know how the OP leveled to 41 but I suspect it was "as fast as possible."  He probably popped his 50% Rune and he probably did the AI daily religiously.  If he didn't do that then I don't know what he did but he certainly didn't follow a similar path as I (and others) are following.   

1 hour ago, FatChocobo said:

I agree with you, I actually levelled to 40 by farming in zones that drop useful things to me...

I've been trying to farm for Scallop Jamadhr, which only drops from 40+ mobs anyway, so my gear is nothing to do with levelling speed. Also, I've killed 1k+ of the mobs that drop it, and only gotten 1 edge.

I don't understand why people are telling me to focus on d grade gear, when the only upgrades in armour give like +20 pdef at most which will make no noticeable difference at all.

.............I really don't know what to say.  You asked for advice and now you @#$! on it.  First; you didn't farm in spots that drop useful stuff (or you didn't farm long enough).  If you had then you would have better gear; period.  I also have a hard time believing you have killed 1k Timak Orc Troop Warriors by level 41.  If you have then that means you started hunting them WAY to earlier but, whatever man...

Wow; did you even take the time to research different armors?  If you had then you would know that the PDef difference between Moon Hvy and safe enchanted Half Plate (D Hvy since that is what you have) is 55 BEFORE buffs.  That is BIG in classic.  It also has +1 STR; stats in classic give greater return than in live BTW.  Hell; if you don't like that answer then get a C grade chain set from the lux shop (comparatively cheap); safe enchanted it has 78 more PDef than crappy Moon BEFORE buffs.

25 minutes ago, Rodah said:

.............I really don't know what to say.  You asked for advice and now you @#$! on it.  First; you didn't farm in spots that drop useful stuff (or you didn't farm long enough).  If you had then you would have better gear; period.  I also have a hard time believing you have killed 1k Timak Orc Troop Warriors by level 41.  If you have then that means you started hunting them WAY to earlier but, whatever man...

Wow; did you even take the time to research different armors?  If you had then you would know that the PDef difference between Moon Hvy and safe enchanted Half Plate (D Hvy since that is what you have) is 55 BEFORE buffs.  That is BIG in classic.  It also has +1 STR; stats in classic give greater return than in live BTW.  Hell; if you don't like that answer then get a C grade chain set from the lux shop (comparatively cheap); safe enchanted it has 78 more PDef than crappy Moon BEFORE buffs.

I've been hunting reinforced stone golems in IT Crater for the past 3 days, not Timak Orc Troop Warriors. The drop rate is the same between both mobs, but the mob you suggested has 2x hp. I got my second jamadhr edge drop this morning.

In terms of grinding adena, the best place I've found so far as a level 42 is Ivory Tower crater. Wanna know how much I make after consumable costs? Like 6k adena per buff round.

I asked for advice, and hoped to get it from people who know what they're talking about, and who are actually playing this server (you clearly aren't if you're level 40+ and coming out with this shit).

What level are you? I'd like to see a screenshot of your gear.

EDIT: Just saw your post above. I did pop my 50% rune, and I have been doing the AI quest every day, but I only used 3-4 scrolls (got 15+ in my inventory). If you're not doing AI daily then I suggest you rethink your plan, since those scrolls will be useful in the future.

You have no idea about how I levelled, I was simply farming in zones that had high rate of dropping weapons/armour or other valuable mats.

When you reach 40 I'd love to see a screenshot of your top C gear that you've saved so hard to work towards.

2 hours ago, Rodah said:

I could just obliterate you for being clueless about the game but I'll try to provide some feedback instead.

1.  You can get EWD/EWC from Lux shop in Giran.  They cost roughly 220k (takes some D crys so cost varies a bit).

2.  I am well aware melee weaps use only 1 SS in classic.  On live (old L2) they didn't; that's the point.  Previously D/C Weaps used 3 SS and they received less boost from enchants so the idea was to get out of them ASAP.  People may or may not be stuck in that mind set; IDK.  I was just pointing out that D grade is much more viable now.  

3.  Re-reading his post I see that he is using Moon Hvy so I will amend my comment to just say that Moon (regardless of type) is a low/mid grade armor set which cannot be enchanted.  So... it is AN UPGRADE to get Brig/Salamander.  To further elaborate; VR is nerfed in classic so having PDef and or heals is more important than in the past.

4.  I am 37/37/37 (Nuker/Oracle/Cleric).  I have a +3 Goat Staff and D Jewels ATM.  I Searched everywhere to find spots which ensure I always make adena during a buff round (hint: if you can't 2 shot the mobs find another spot).  And here is another hint; green and light blue mobs are your friends.  I'm not sure about your other comment "drop weapon parts?"  Yeah; my advice was for him to start farming parts to craft the top D fists.  I also pointed out that ALL top D weap parts drop in Timak Outpost so he can buy/sell/trade other parts to get his Scallop Edges.    

5.  My "plan" is pretty straight forward.  Keep cruising with my trio in spots where I make adena and transition to either Timak, SoS, or Crater to farm Weap parts or Spell Books when I hit 45ish.  And just FYI; I bought a Chronicle Pack on all three of my accounts but I DID NOT pop my Rune.  I dropped enough $ on all three to make them VIP 4 and with that bonus I am doing just fine.  I am leveling at a steady pace but with 3x chars it's slow enough were I can make adena without hitting a wall like the OP did.  By the time all three of my toons hit 40 I should have about 1m saved up.    

As to the "leveling too fast" comment; I stand by it.  Obviously I don't know how the OP leveled to 41 but I suspect it was "as fast as possible."  He probably popped his 50% Rune and he probably did the AI daily religiously.  If he didn't do that then I don't know what he did but he certainly didn't follow a similar path as I (and others) are following.   

1) Roughly 220k :))))))))))))) per enchant. So to make it +3 you need around 700k. Man you are funny! Really. How much Adena do you have at level 37 ?!

2) WHY are you still using "Melee weapons"? All the weapons in the game uses 1 SS, be it close melee combat or range ( dagger, sword, bow, staff, etc ). Stop pointing Live sht.

3) What armor are you using? Hm? Anything other then Moon? If you are still in-Moon, why are you giving shitty advices?!

4) Why are you talking about D Weapon parts as a drop ?! They are close to a weapon drop. How many D Weapon parts have you taken so far in your journey to 37 ?! So a nuker, saying to a melee, if he doesn't 2 shots the mob, he should go to a better spot. Well , G G there!

5) Did you bought your soulshots with $ ? I take it as a yes since you were in need to buy from the shop to get to VIP 4 ( and you spent a lot ). So , that's the reason why you can save 1 mil when you'll hit level 40.

Now please, stop commenting if you are buying your shots with $. Please..

Thanks!

33 minutes ago, IceAge said:

2) WHY are you still using "Melee weapons"? All the weapons in the game uses 1 SS, be it close melee combat or range ( dagger, sword, bow, staff, etc ). Stop pointing Live sht.

You must be playing in another server because my reinforced longbow use 2 ss per hit.

1 minute ago, zein said:

You must be playing in another server because my reinforced longbow use 2 ss per hit.

Damn! That's on me then.

And here I though I read 2 weeks ago, before launch, that all the weapon in-game uses 1 SS no matter the grade or weapon type.

Oh well, my bad :)

2 hours ago, FatChocobo said:

I've been hunting reinforced stone golems in IT Crater for the past 3 days, not Timak Orc Troop Warriors. The drop rate is the same between both mobs, but the mob you suggested has 2x hp. I got my second jamadhr edge drop this morning.

In terms of grinding adena, the best place I've found so far as a level 42 is Ivory Tower crater. Wanna know how much I make after consumable costs? Like 6k adena per buff round.

I asked for advice, and hoped to get it from people who know what they're talking about, and who are actually playing this server (you clearly aren't if you're level 40+ and coming out with this shit).

What level are you? I'd like to see a screenshot of your gear.

EDIT: Just saw your post above. I did pop my 50% rune, and I have been doing the AI quest every day, but I only used 3-4 scrolls (got 15+ in my inventory). If you're not doing AI daily then I suggest you rethink your plan, since those scrolls will be useful in the future.

You have no idea about how I levelled, I was simply farming in zones that had high rate of dropping weapons/armour or other valuable mats.

When you reach 40 I'd love to see a screenshot of your top C gear that you've saved so hard to work towards.

You may be right about those scrolls; truth is I would rather spend my time grinding for adena than do that.  My "plan" was always to start doing it when I can solo it efficiently.  As it stands I can solo it but it takes forever.

6k a buff round is horrid; period.

I don't plan on having top C when I ding 40 and I never said I would.  I hope to have top D by around 45.  No clue where you got that one from.....

I play on Talking Island.  Honest question; what specifically of my advice do you disagree with?  I'm really curious because your generic "shit" is pretty vague. 

55 minutes ago, IceAge said:

1) Roughly 220k :))))))))))))) per enchant. So to make it +3 you need around 700k. Man you are funny! Really. How much Adena do you have at level 37 ?!

3) What armor are you using? Hm? Anything other then Moon? If you are still in-Moon, why are you giving shitty advices?!

4) Why are you talking about D Weapon parts as a drop ?! They are close to a weapon drop. How many D Weapon parts have you taken so far in your journey to 37 ?! So a nuker, saying to a melee, if he doesn't 2 shots the mob, he should go to a better spot. Well , G G there!

5) Did you bought your soulshots with $ ? I take it as a yes since you were in need to buy from the shop to get to VIP 4 ( and you spent a lot ). So , that's the reason why you can save 1 mil when you'll hit level 40.

Now please, stop commenting if you are buying your shots with $. Please..

Thanks!

1) I have about 300k ATM; at 34 I got Goat Staff; by 36 it was +3. 

2) The OP is a Tyrant, I was responding to HIS question, so........I think he uses a melee weapon lol.

3) I am using Moon, it sucks, your point?

4) YOU asked how I grind remember?  You asked for "hints."  What am I missing here?  OFC OP can't two shot mobs.  That doesn't mean he shouldn't look for mobs that die fast.......

5) Of course I bought shots from the store when I started.  It was a great investment and, now I don't have too.  

5 minutes ago, Rodah said:

5) Of course I bought shots from the store when I started.  It was a great investment and, now I don't have too.  

That alone says everything about your "playstyle". 

I am pretty much done with P2W players and their usually "know how to play the game before qq-ing".

Also , so you know, if you don't already know, 90% from the normal income, goes into SS for everyone player in this game ( except when there is a full drop ) . If I would of bought SS with real money , by level 30 I would had top D weapon on all my chars, since I usually spend around 50k a run of .. 2? hours farm. 

Btw, you said now you don't have to buy SS from store. When .. exactly did you finished them? At what level?

And with 300k in your "pocket" , I believe you will need to start spending $ again in the shop in no more then a week.

1 hour ago, Rodah said:

You may be right about those scrolls; truth is I would rather spend my time grinding for adena than do that.  My "plan" was always to start doing it when I can solo it efficiently.  As it stands I can solo it but it takes forever.

6k a buff round is horrid; period.

I don't plan on having top C when I ding 40 and I never said I would.  I hope to have top D by around 45.  No clue where you got that one from.....

I play on Talking Island.  Honest question; what specifically of my advice do you disagree with?  I'm really curious because your generic "shit" is pretty vague. 

You're right, 6k per buff round is horrible.

Level 6 mobs at starter zones drop 60-80a each. Level 40+ mobs in IT Crater drop 140-200a each.

There are like 3 places you can go in this level range. All of them suck for adena. Please get to level 42~43+ and see for yourself.

9 hours ago, Rodah said:

This is pretty much the best way to go, in my opinion, go back to farming green mobs, like Hardin's Academy mobs and the Leto Lizardmen(the double HP mobs there should drop decent adena, but chances are they could be broke to in this messed up version of Classic).

Another option would be the lower Hunters Valley mobs(Tamlin orcs and Bugbear), although white to you, they should be sparely populated enough to pick off without getting overwhelmed.

There's also another set of mobs in that level range, but I'm guessing they are tagged "quest" mobs in this version.

But take that with a grain of salt, I'm not that high level and haven't seen these area's yet in NCWest version of Classic.

there seems to be some miss understanding how the game used to be which is how you can recognize the real veteran players from the rest..

there were 3 grinds and all required different approach back in the days

• - SP grind, hunt only those mobs that gave most optimum SP and die/delvl alot so you had the SP to learn your skills
  • - adena/gear grind, hunt/spoil only those mobs with best item drops/spoils or run specific quests non stop for Months!!
  • - XP grind, this was always by far the easiest but the end result would be a handicapped char if the above wasn't taken in consideration

this is a game where it pays off to plan ahead tactics of what you want to focus on for the next 6 Months upto 1yr

ofc as has been pointed out RMT happened even back then and is still the lazy rich mans way out, do not fool yourself to thinking this rebranded L2 Classic is that much different from the old Live - and keep in mind eventually it will end up just the same except for (hopefully) no Awaken crap aka no ISS and party size remains 9 man

apologies for going slightly off topic but imo a better awareness of how this game works, what kind of psychology is behind the multilayer grindfest helps a lot imho ;)

32 minutes ago, Draecke said:

there seems to be some miss understanding how the game used to be which is how you can recognize the real veteran players from the rest..

there were 3 grinds and all required different approach back in the days

• - SP grind, hunt only those mobs that gave most optimum SP and die/delvl alot so you had the SP to learn your skills
  • - adena/gear grind, hunt/spoil only those mobs with best item drops/spoils or run specific quests non stop for Months!!
  • - XP grind, this was always by far the easiest but the end result would be a handicapped char if the above wasn't taken in consideration

this is a game where it pays off to plan ahead tactics of what you want to focus on for the next 6 Months upto 1yr

ofc as has been pointed out RMT happened even back then and is still the lazy rich mans way out, do not fool yourself to thinking this rebranded L2 Classic is that much different from the old Live - and keep in mind eventually it will end up just the same except for (hopefully) no Awaken crap aka no ISS and party size remains 9 man

apologies for going slightly off topic but imo a better awareness of how this game works, what kind of psychology is behind the multilayer grindfest helps a lot imho ;)

Oh I understand all of this very well, except from what I've seen of classic so far all mobs seem to give almost the same xp:sp ratio - unless I missed something?

I remember in prelude/c1 there being VERY noticeable differences in the ratio between xp and sp, but can't see that here at all.

Archived