Is Vip worth it?

RinceWind

Hi, so I've been playing for about two weeks and so far I see no reason to put any money in this game. 

As far as I can tell vip only gives faster leveling and better drops (with no adena increase, which is bullshit since you will out level your income) and no queues. Plus I think some worthless scrolls and stuff. 

I'm not interested in leveling faster, nor making the game any easier by paying (aka p2w). I am however interested in supporting good companies. 

If I were to spend money on this game I would like to have access to more cosmetics or things that don't give such a huge advantage. 

So, what do you guys think, is it worth it to spend money to support the company, or its only a way to gain advantage over no paying costumers and nothing else? 

3 minutes ago, RinceWind said:

Hi, so I've been playing for about two weeks and so far I see no reason to put any money in this game. 

As far as I can tell vip only gives faster leveling and better drops (with no adena increase, which is bullshit since you will out level your income) and no queues. Plus I think some worthless scrolls and stuff. 

I'm not interested in leveling faster, nor making the game any easier by paying (aka p2w). I am however interested in supporting good companies. 

If I were to spend money on this game I would like to have access to more cosmetics or things that don't give such a huge advantage. 

So, what do you guys think, is it worth it to spend money to support the company, or its only a way to gain advantage over no paying costumers and nothing else? 

I bolded, underlined, and italicized the most important sentence in your post. NC Soft is not a good company. There is a reason why they are compete so hard with EA for the title of "Worst Game Company On Earth". Save your money.

Players having been giving NC Soft feedback for 20 years now. They still have not learned and rarely ever listen. The current efforts by Juji and Hime and the results from them are not typical for NC Soft.

well lets see...im here about 2 weeks so far ...and this is my progress..

first 2-3 days all great no problems...

then queue started for 2-3 hours its time when i try to play ..im thinking ok there gonna fix that...

then friday comes queues went to 1700 couldnt login anymore ...the same for weekend cause there is no support...

still i was trying to log...then monday morning i go to try to log again and both my accounts are locked...

i send ticket get 1s responce after 2 days .... that i used 3d party software....

i send again to ask what software is that so at least i avoid getting locked again..i get 2 days later the same answer...

so i start new accounts start xp again from the beginning for a couple of days cause i think atleast they fixed the queue problem...

wrong again queue is the same from friday and off course there is no support on weekend ...wait until monday to play

if i dont get locked again lol...

so ye not even a cent from me ... and i feel sorry for the people that got forced to pay so they can login ...

I agree with you Medeoan, but I took VIP. Lineage II is, imo, a wonderful game. 14 years after the firts release, we're still here like "OH GOSH, THEY JUST MADE A "OLD LINEAGE II LIKE".
Ofc, NcSoft is a bad company, people are winners, but despite of those problems, there is something in Lineage I never found in other MMO, Aion, BDO, Ragnarok, Tree of Savior and all. Just for this reason, I took VIP and enjoy the game as I can. 

Everything that makes Lineage II so great can also be found in EvE except for one major key difference. EvE Online is set in a hard sci-fi setting and doesn't have elves. Lineage II is set in a high fantasy setting and does have elves. If EvE had been a high fantasy game instead of sci-fi and spaceships, Lineage II wouldn't even exist today.

21 minutes ago, Medeoan said:

I bolded, underlined, and italicized the most important sentence in your post. NC Soft is not a good company. There is a reason why they are compete so hard with EA for the title of "Worst Game Company On Earth". Save your money.

Players having been giving NC Soft feedback for 20 years now. They still have not learned and rarely ever listen. The current efforts by Juji and Hime and the results from them are not typical for NC Soft.

I figured it was just a chaotic lunch, but yes it's seems they are un able to work with the community 

12 minutes ago, Onimeno said:

I agree with you Medeoan, but I took VIP. Lineage II is, imo, a wonderful game. 14 years after the firts release, we're still here like "OH GOSH, THEY JUST MADE A "OLD LINEAGE II LIKE".
Ofc, NcSoft is a bad company, people are winners, but despite of those problems, there is something in Lineage I never found in other MMO, Aion, BDO, Ragnarok, Tree of Savior and all. Just for this reason, I took VIP and enjoy the game as I can. 

That's what makes me want to spend money. I love the game, it's fun and it's the only mmo that I've been hook to for years, only I played on privite low rate servers, so when the actual company announced this I was excited. 

Do you guys think I should play in the EU classic server? Since its subscription base it won't have the major cash grab type issues na has 

Oh it is worse than that. I am still pissed at how they treated us 14 years ago. They let bots run RAMPANT. Did not even PRETEND they were trying to enforce their rules. All because bots were paying accounts. The result was that bots and RMT services decimated the legit player population. This in turn led to the RMT service declining. Then WoW launched and put the game on the highway to life support and an early grave.

It really is an honest miracle that the Lineage II servers outside of Korea haven't actually been shut down entirely. Current game population world wide, including Korea, assuming l2status is correct, is actually less than what City of Heroes and City of Villains had when NC Soft shuttered that MMO.

They didn't actually start trying to enforce the rules against botting until after the game went free to play.

14 minutes ago, Medeoan said:

Oh it is worse than that. I am still pissed at how they treated us 14 years ago. They let bots run RAMPANT. Did not even PRETEND they were trying to enforce their rules. All because bots were paying accounts. The result was that bots and RMT services decimated the legit player population. This in turn led to the RMT service declining. Then WoW launched and put the game on the highway to life support and an early grave.

It really is an honest miracle that the Lineage II servers outside of Korea haven't actually been shut down entirely. Current game population world wide, including Korea, assuming l2status is correct, is actually less than what City of Heroes and City of Villains had when NC Soft shuttered that MMO.

They didn't actually start trying to enforce the rules against botting until after the game went free to play.

That is why most people moved on illegal servers. It was not the payment - but the better support, the real actions against the bots, the changes and improvements inspired from the communities. Simple things that any big company should do. Instead NCSoft made GoD. Then realized that was a wrong move and made L2 Classic. Now we have some strange version of Classic, with new PK rules, that save the solo players, and new kind of raid bosses, for which you need to invite random solo players, no drop of items from the solo players, and the ridiculous queue issue. I doubt even NCSoft have clear idea what they do. They maybe missed the point, but people play L2 for the clans, sieges, wars, drama, the groups, and not for the solo grind.

I will confess, if NC Soft did the following, I would pay:

1) Subscription only server

2) NO STORE EVER

3) DEDICATED HUMAN ANTI-BOT GM

4) Generally tweaked rates on everything in the game. What we have now is pretty decent, that said, spoil rates should be higher to really make the spoiler class shine big time and make them highly desireable in parties despite their lack of damage output.

5) LARGE SERVER CAP. 15,000 at least. Yes the game map is really small compared to other MMOs, that said, a large cap is needed for how the game is designed to encourage boxing.

6) AUTOMATED FISHING REMOVED!!!

7) Sufficient servers at key times for where the majority of the active player base is coming from. As servers fill up, open new servers in the SAME time zone. All servers should be one of the following timezones: GMT -6, GMT -4, or GMT +1. No other timezones should be used.

8) Get rid of the damn "bot detection" software. This is also known as "we are too cheap to hire real GMs". Bot detection should be handled via the server side through pattern collection systems and analysis. This data can then be used to aid the GMs in identifying probably bots.

If NC Soft were to make servers that checked at least the first 4, preferably first 5 boxes at least, I would pay $15/mo. That is in spite of their past performance.

1 hour ago, Medeoan said:

I will confess, if NC Soft did the following, I would pay:

1) Subscription only server

Play Skelth, it is sub only, no cash shop, 25 EUR per 3 months. But it cannot compete with the F2P servers. The spirit is out of the bottle, and nobody could turn back time. So I think NCSoft should handle better their F2P marketing instead.

1 hour ago, Medeoan said:

5) LARGE SERVER CAP. 15,000 at least. Yes the game map is really small compared to other MMOs, that said, a large cap is needed for how the game is designed to encourage boxing.

That is simply impossible. The only server that can handle 15 000 players in open world now, and in fact much more, is that of EVE, and it is extremely expensive. It is highly customized, built specially for that game. You cannot just hire such. Games like World Adrift probably could handle more players with Spatial technology, but L2 is old. So the maximum amount of simultaneously logged players per server is about 8000.

As for the bots, NCSoft should learn from the illegal servers, there is amazing variety of effective antibot systems, with and without GMs.

36 minutes ago, Ikcen said:

Play Skelth, it is sub only, no cash shop, 25 EUR per 3 months. But it cannot compete with the F2P servers. The spirit is out of the bottle, and nobody could turn back time. So I think NCSoft should handle better their F2P marketing instead.

That is simply impossible. The only server that can handle 15 000 players in open world now, and in fact much more, is that of EVE, and it is extremely expensive. It is highly customized, built specially for that game. You cannot just hire such. Games like World Adrift probably could handle more players with Spatial technology, but L2 is old. So the maximum amount of simultaneously logged players per server is about 8000.

As for the bots, NCSoft should learn from the illegal servers, there is amazing variety of effective antibot systems, with and without GMs.

World of Warcraft and Elder Scrolls Online both support vastly larger numbers online per server. It isn't just EvE. That said, server capacity isn't the same thing as everyone being in the same space. Whole point of a 15k server cap, is that 15,000 people can be logged in at once. Given the size of the crowd even still interested in this game, I doubt we would ever see that many online on a single server at once. As such, the cap is simply so that there is never a problem requiring a que for players to login.

1 hour ago, Ikcen said:

So is skelth good? Good population? Customer server? Rates and all of that? 

Archived