This version of classic is a complete mess.

Dhol

After playing at EU and RU versions of classic at different chronicles (1.0, 1.5 and 2.0), and then playing here since the begining, you can clearly notice that this version that we were given is a complete mess. It's an awful mix of few versions, which caused our version to be unbalanced.

Firstly, we have our famous drop/spoil/adena rates. They were adjusted for up to 40 lvl and are perfect as far as adena/drop rates go. I don't know about spoil rates, but I've heard they are still 'a bit' off. But as soon as you hit 40+ rates become riddiculus. Mobs 40+ giving 100-200 is a complete joke. I made a new char today and killed some 15 lvl mobs that were dropping same amount as 40+ ones and it took 1-2 hits to kill them. I made 100k adena in 1h at lvl 15. At level 40 it would take me 3-4 times more time. This is pefect for botters. This is a crucial moment for servers lives - a lot of ppl would quit after hitting that 'wall' at 40+. Imagine 1 hit from Emi Bow costing 120 adena, while mobs drop 100a. There are also some x2-5 HP mobs at 40+ dropping same amount adena as x1 ones (5x Krator drops the same as 2x Nos).

Secondly, RBs. We have RBs from latest 2.0 version of classic (there's no 3.0 at EU/RU, it's still 2.0) with celestial barrier and buffed PDef/HP. RBs were boosted at 2.0 versions of classic to make them harder and to make farming for runes harder (also decrease pwlvl on them). We have a 1.5 version of Classic, without runes, but yet we still have 2.0 RBs. They are extremely hard to kill and since they don't drop runes, there's really no incentive in killing them.

Next, we have DYEs. Now, this hasn't be 100% confirmed by me yet, but I've heard that there is a cap for DYE at +5 for a single stat here. And while this is consistent with older L2 chronicles that most of us remember, this isn't consistent with any other classic versions. Ever since Classic was introduced, there was a +12 cap for a single stat DYE. It allowed for some more differences in same classes builds. Some liked it, some didn't. But still - it was meant to be 1.5 Age of Splendor, and yet we didn't get any info about +5 cap for DYE. Some people lost money because of that.

Another thing I don't understand is the complete lack of L2wiki, or any database for this strange version of classic you gave us. It's pure chaos out here. This server looks nothing else as those private/pirate cashgrab ones that open for a month or two and then get closed. People already started quitting. And don't get me wrong - I love classic and I'm having a lot of fun here. But I can already see a lot of issues going forward if no changes are made.

To sum up: they gave us a mix of 1.0, 1.5, 2.0, without thinking it through. Some aspects of the game like adena drop, rbs, etc are completely unbalanced because they don't fit to each other.

L2J is not a complete mess.  Shocking that unofficial sources are more accurate to 2004 than the official sources.  It's embarrassing.  This version is a joke.  I say that as someone who WANTS to spend money on an official version.  However, when they can't get something as easy as rates on the server right, something that interns could probably fix.  It doesn't fill me with hope for the future.

26 minutes ago, Dhol said:

Next, we have DYEs. Now, this hasn't be 100% confirmed by me yet, but I've heard that there is a cap for DYE at +5 for a single stat here. And while this is consistent with older L2 chronicles that most of us remember, this isn't consistent with any other classic versions. Ever since Classic was introduced, there was a +12 cap for a single stat DYE. It allowed for some more differences in same classes builds. Some liked it, some didn't. But still - it was meant to be 1.5 Age of Splendor, and yet we didn't get any info about +5 cap for DYE. Some people lost money because of that.

Ahahahah it's gonna be a shitshow when more people find out about this.

14 minutes ago, ShadeyFFS said:

+1, beginning to think that NCSoft pays EA for courses in business management.

Actually, EA went to the School of NC Soft Business Management. :P

As for the OP and wiki, L2wiki is maintained unofficially by Innova. Innova is a 3rd party business that has a license to run official Lineage 2 servers. As such, the wiki isn't something officially supported by NC Soft. Fact is, NC Soft has never officially or unofficially supported any database website at any point in time of the game's history. They have always been fan maintained.

1 minute ago, Medeoan said:

NC Soft has never officially or unofficially supported any database website at any point in time of the game's history. They have always been fan maintained.

Actually iirc the ooold L2 site had a database.

They had a barebones thing with some game information on it. However it was extremely incomplete and never did they have things like what dropped what, or spoiled, or at what rate. It was mainly some quest information, zone information, monster basics, and a couple other articles of the kind of nature you would find in an old school game manual. You know, like when companies actually used to make game documentation for their games to assist players with getting into the game.

Just now, Dhol said:

I'm also pretty sure there was a complete game guide (around 600 pages) when the game released, that covered all drops etc.

This guide was notorious for being wrong about most things. It was published by Prima Guides. I still have mine. About the only things it had right were the crystalization tables and the class descriptions. Beyond that, it was just a paper weight.

Idk how I should describe spoil rates, but they are all over the place. I did a test on (lv16) Stone Guardian 1k kills (done as level 19+ spoil), and got 208 iron ores, which is very far form the alleged 40-44% rate on l2wiki, but rather close to the 25% rate in the L2.dropspoil. Next test, (lv21) Ghost Guardian 1k kills (done as lv21-22 spoil), 71 iron ores, 8 steel, here the rates were absolutely abysmal which are nowhere near close when compared to the 29-35%(iron) - 2.7-3.4%(steel) on l2wiki and 33% (iron) - 2.8% (steel) on L2.dropspoil.

I know that the l2.dropspoil isn't a 1.5 database, but I just figured I use it as another source for comparison. 

It feels like a mash up of different version drop table rates, and if that is actually the case, then this is one giant mess. 

And I know that this is "Exclusive NA classic server and every classic server is different etc.", but aren't the differences a little extreme?

As more people reach level 40+ the number of posts like this will keep increasing.

Portas are dropping 200 adenas, thats a level 40 3xHP monster. I've gotten 120 adena drops from Prowlers!!! thats a level 17 1xHP monster.

3 hours spoiling lizardmans with 20% CBP spoil = 1 CBP Spoil (1!!)

Dyes are all wrong, RBs are wrong.

I've had a random making fun of me because he had top D grade at level 23, from running spider quests on 3 characters at the same time for a week. This are the kind of players that keep showing in this forum posts saying everything is fine.

1 minute ago, Zenyar said:

3 hours spoiling lizardmans with 20% CBP spoil = 1 CBP Spoil (1!!)

Yeah, spoil rates are beyond a joke. I cant help but feel its hopeless at this point. In order to fix the spoil rates they would have to go through every mob and check.

Some mobs warrant close to 1000%+ adjustment. Does anyone think they are going to comply with that?

We'll get lucky if that mob gets adjusted 100%. SO THEN YOU'LL GET 2 CBP IN 2 HOURS!!! YAY!!!

28 minutes ago, ImNotDraw said:

dude if you dont like it go join a new server. its called classic for a reason, on skelth it took months to afford c grade. so learn 2 play.

may i recommend disney online.

The fact that you and all the neckbearded white knights can't see that having lvl 17 monsters with 125% drop/adena rate and lvl 40 monsters with 30% drop/adena rates is wrong is baffling.

It seemed like they fixed with with the last up of rates, but does not seem like that anymore. Whoever says farming lvl 18 spiders quest to sustain lvl 30-40 chars is okay and spoilers are not being thwarted by the game is... far from being reasonable in my eyes.

26 minutes ago, Manifest said:

NCsoft apparently only thought of good advertising and forgot the most important thing. The quality of his own game. I already left, not gonna support this cash grab.

I already left too!

However i'll be giving them 1 more week to fix the rates before I'll go ahead and ask a refund on Paypal for all 4 launch pack I've purchased, for false advertising …..twice!

Few around here noticed that they "fixed" the adena/spoil rates only because the high amount of people charging back their money? Yea, chargeback hurts, the merchant not only returns the money but pays +150%~ of the chargeback in fees so your 30$ returned = ~75$ returned (with cb included).

So it gives you something to think about, that they "fixed" only until 40 and then openly admitted that it's ok to be like this, really? Why? So that people would stop charging back until it's too late to. And now they nerfed spoil rates back to crap, soon we'll see SSC in cash shop, because SSD already sells, even to 40+ ppl.
They don't fix the spider quest because people will then realize they can't really play the game without spending even more cash than VIP and pile up on the forums.

Still think everything is fine? Ok, an if the majority of people think this is fine ... wow ... just wow ... amazing that people make a scandal at other game companies for even less but think everything here is ok and defend this.

1 hour ago, Zenyar said:

The fact that you and all the neckbearded white knights can't see that having lvl 17 monsters with 125% drop/adena rate and lvl 40 monsters with 30% drop/adena rates is wrong is baffling.

There's nothing hard to understand, actually. It's how NCsoft is milking p2w folks.

Start levelling Sorc alts. If you are in a top clan, you will be needing them anyway.

8 minutes ago, ShadeyFFS said:

Still think everything is fine? Ok, an if the majority of people think this is fine ... wow ... just wow ... amazing that people make a scandal at other game companies for even less but think everything here is ok and defend this.

Imagine that there were white knight defending the old rate lol, saying "everything is fine" :)

Well , they will have all the "good farm spots" only for them soon enough if NcSoft don't change the rates!

Archived