This version of classic is a complete mess.

Dhol

@Dhol I agree, the version we're playing is a complete mess. But we're not playing on a Classic version, we're playing on the "Live version" with changes from 1.0, 1.5 and 2.0.

This is why we had super low rates at the start, it's because on live servers it's like that and they forgot to change it, or they just didn't want to change it and they left it like that on purpose and they hoped we wouldn't notice. This is also why when they disabled macro loops on "Classic", it also affected Live servers.

They didn't add "quality of life" improvements to a 1.5 patch, they just took the Live Server files and removed the mobs/hunting zones, changed the map, and removed some of the skills skills to make it look like 1.5.

Want more proof? A week ago there was a bug where people were creating Ertheia characters on the Talking Island Classic Server. Let me clarify, the Ertheia class isn't supposed to exist in Classic, and doesn't exist in Skelth, or Gran Kain, or L2Classic club, or any other classic server.

Here's the post where they talk about the Ertheia bug:

https://forums.lineage2.com/topic/6165-ertheia-created-on-classic-server-talking-island-maintenance/

They instantly addressed this bug, closed the thread, and didn't mention it anymore.

So that's the problem we have, and that's why the launch was horrible. If they had used the normal 1.5 patch that everyone uses in Russia and EU, we never would've had any of these problems, but they chose to use the Live Server files instead.

Can we discuss this? because I've never seen anyone else mention this.

+1 to the OP, pretty much every aspect he mentioned is a real issue.

After the initial rebellion and fix of the rates everything seemed to be just fine for a while. Unfortunately, just for a while. My CP started to notice that very recently, as we started to get close to lvl 40 and going to 'better' locations. Killing mobs in Cruma doesnt even give back the adena spent for shots, not to even mention spoil or drop rates. Amount of drops is also broken, especially for mats which just don't ever drop in quantities more than 1. And not being able to kill any RB without having a zerg of 120+ random people is just very, very bad. If anyone thinks this is okay, than they are either braindead or just trolls.

Funny things is... I undersntand russian languqge and I watch sometimes streams of ppl on new Innovas server. No jokes, but they laugh on us. Tjey cant understand why we pay 15 eur for vip and still cant normally play, while they pay for subcription and having fub)

Also I checked other popular pruvate classic server, you might know him...

I found out threats - lol na claasic, u guys saw how forum filled with ppl rages? 

Well. It is not funny to me because I play here. And ppl just rofl on us, and I understand why. Because this launch failed.

F A I L E D .

P.S Innova servers are very and very populated, so need to say that it is dead. )

P.s.s. they even opened new server on october 2.

10 hours ago, ImNotDraw said:

dude if you dont like it go join a new server. its called classic for a reason, on skelth it took months to afford c grade. so learn 2 play.

may i recommend disney online.

Woh woh we got a tough pickle here... Disney online... Cringy tough pickle it is then.
I think people don't mind difficulty but the problem is flow of the game is all over the place. You want to tell me it's good idea that 20lvl mobs drop as much as 50lvl mobs? I have a spoiler that gives enough cash to buy shots for farming but I barely get any income for gear. I already have craft and spoil but they don't feel useful really. I already made those two for money but I guess dwarfs are just cup holders instead I need to go repeat same quest which I will not bother with.

+1 for the thread opener

Its also a proof for me, that ncwest dont have anyone, who is experienced with the l2 classic chronicle, otherwise such mistakes wouldnt happen  since they would know about the deep balance changes that were made between 1.0-1.5/1.5-2.0 due to game progress.

13 hours ago, Hark said:

So that's the problem we have, and that's why the launch was horrible. If they had used the normal 1.5 patch that everyone uses in Russia and EU, we never would've had any of these problems, but they chose to use the Live Server files instead.

classic and live client is basically the same regardless of game version. others keep it separately because they might want different business models. for example innova have f2p for live servers and p2p for classic. putting the same login means you can freely login, which they don't want that to happen for classic.

however, bugs will occur since it's basically the same client and patches might affect both. you might remember that loop macros were disabled here at launch, initially enable, but when they applied the patch the live server had loop macro disable for like a week, until new patch came. so they can't always foresee  these bugs and they might keep happening.

SO guys lets not give much credit for those people shittin about ncsolf classic. mostly of them are leaving the game already, as expected.
I know it is not the same as RU/EU servers so if u played there dont compare to Classic NA.  I am doing my shit having fun , playing slow soon or later i will have enough adena to buy my top D stuff but what people dont understand it is low rates meant to be hard and not after  2 weeks  90% of the server be  60+ and full geared. So, what i am trying to say is; if u want to ezi game play there are plenty of illegal servers out there.

2 hours ago, japarzo said:

SO guys lets not give much credit for those people shittin about ncsolf classic. mostly of them are leaving the game already, as expected.
I know it is not the same as RU/EU servers so if u played there dont compare to Classic NA.  I am doing my shit having fun , playing slow soon or later i will have enough adena to buy my top D stuff but what people dont understand it is low rates meant to be hard and not after  2 weeks  90% of the server be  60+ and full geared. So, what i am trying to say is; if u want to ezi game play there are plenty of illegal servers out there.

Dude, 25-35lvls are FINE, perfect drop ratings. The problem is that 40+ content is back to the pre-patch shitshow. And rates below 25 are too good. So they're perfect for bot farm that you can see in starting villages. Nerf pre 25 drop by -50%, buff 40+ drop by +50% and we have perfect rates all across.

2 minutes ago, MAD_ said:

Dude, 25-35lvls are FINE, perfect drop ratings. The problem is that 40+ content is back to the pre-patch shitshow. And rates below 25 are too good. So they're perfect for bot farm that you can see in starting villages. Nerf pre 25 drop by -50%, buff 40+ drop by +50% and we have perfect rates all across.

Not sure how a 50% buff to 40+ mobs that drop 3-4 times less adena will help in any way but ok...

3 hours ago, MAD_ said:

wrong, drop/spoil rates are down again even for 20-40, i have a friend spoiler in party and making fun of him that he's a pet rock, 30 mobs spoiled no drop and should be ~25% chance :)

Archived