Forums

Heavy or light for Scavangers?

Martin

46 minutes ago, Martin said:

I am lvl 25 spoiler. I have Viper Fang. And leveling in party with Shilien oracle. I see any spoilers with light armor. Some with heavy. What is better for D grade?

The only thing as a dwarf you gain from wearing light is evasion. I would say go for heavy only armor. As I have no knowledge of new armor set stats maybe there are certain light sets that give great stats but still I think that as a dwarf heavy armor is best pick. As for what armor to pick depends on how much you are ready to grind and spend. Just visit l2wiki and you can see item information.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/4/2018 at 3:41 AM, winterherz said:

as for light armor .... Makes sense when u go for max patk build with 2h blunt, PL set in c grade and +str dyes. U ll outdamage the dmg u get with the SE buffs easy. So for c grade i ll go for light and have around 450 patk. 

I went for the light choice in the moon knight quest because I already had two tanks at that point (SK/SWS wannabes). Since I have more than enough taunts to keep stuff off the spoiler I went for maximum dps on it. The MP regen is a nice bonus on top. i don't have to recharge the spoiler as much.

Plated leather was super amazing in the early months of live release.

• 2 weeks later...

Even with daggers up to b grade i go for heavy armor. It reduces your cooldowns while solo leveling significantly (or your healer boxes mana). The little bit of dmg you do more is not worth it. And evasion its not worth it for a low dagegr and definitely not worth it for Dwarves.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/17/2018 at 2:36 PM, FesterAdams said:

Even with daggers up to b grade i go for heavy armor. It reduces your cooldowns while solo leveling significantly (or your healer boxes mana). The little bit of dmg you do more is not worth it. And evasion its not worth it for a low dagegr and definitely not worth it for Dwarves.

Heavy armor does not reduce your cool downs in any form. The difference in damage taken between heavy/light is minuscule and not noticeable in my healer's mana usage throughout D grade and C.

I use a pole on my scavenger because I'm doing AE stuff most of the time. Spoll festival and then some wild sweeps for overhit xp followed up with sweeper festival. If you have a top grade pole for your level range you can get into random AE parties pretty easily.

Depends on what you run.  Do you want more damage soak or 1-2 points of MP regen?  Evasion is not even in the equation, dwarves suck at it either way.  You'll get better longevity from a shield than your evasion.  Light is okay if you're solo or with a buffbot, if you're AOE'ing, you'll see your health bar drop twice as fast.  Only light I'd go for is the PL set for the ++STR.  Cooldown is a static number and is only reduced by passive skills.  Your trigger time may be shorter, but the skill cooldown is the same.

Archived