Forums

We need a answer from the DEV TEAM

Kamus

Hello. I'm going to take a moment to counter some of the arguments being made in support of the current system. Debunking the myths, if you will.

Everything is fine because this isn't actual Classic, this is a custom Classic server, so you cannot compare the two.

This is true, however it doesn't mean that the server is doing just fine because of this. This is a poor excuse for the current state of the server. If you could literally make more adena and be better off on the actual Classic Lineage II, which was known for its insane grind and hardcore-ness to begin with, then what does this make the current server? The upsides to the custom Classic are not outweighing the downsides of actual classic L2. Walls are being hit like never before. This is not simply a matter of not using the Gatekeeper and running from location to location to save adena, it's a matter of the power of the player not being able to properly keep up with the power of the monster in a way that makes sense.

"Crysillion, you don't know what you're talking about", you might say. It's been stated already that the monsters in this version of Classic hit harder and are, in general, more powerful adversaries than actual classic Lineage II. This is the same across all versions of the custom Classic L2 and the NA version is no exception to this. So, now we have a situation where the adena is not dropping at appropriate rates and the enemies are tougher at the same time. You may be surprised to learn that the only viable way of leveling becomes 9-man AoE parties. It may not be the case at this exact moment, but there will come a point where your D-Grade stops being efficient and you will not even be close to affording C-Grade to upgrade. What's the next step? Make a new account for sake of upholding the hardcore grind? People would sooner quit. If you want to play a dead server, might I recommend Steam for its plethora of fantastic single-player games.

The adena is fine if you pay to play, and you should pay to play because it allows NCSoft to keep the servers online.

You're right in that NCSoft needs to pay the bills somehow, but this argument falls flat when it's pointed out that @Juji has officially stated on the forums that the reason behind the adena being lower in comparison to Lineage II EU Classic ("Skelth") is because on Skelth, you must pay to play at all as it's a subscription based model. This would make sense if by having the highest VIP level you would earn the same amount of adena you did on Skelth. After-all, that'd be the equivalent of playing on a subscription model on the NA server.

This is not the case.

Even with VIP4, which has an insane buy-in of over $40 USD (which means playing NA for sake of subscribing is actually more expensive than Skelth), you still have lesser rates than Skelth. This means that the adena rate is too low as a matter of fact, not a matter of opinion. This NA Classic server can be compared directly to the EU Classic server and this information should not be ignored for sake of upholding the "hardcore grind" of the server.

You're all crying and asking for the server to be too easy.

This is by and large the biggest offender on forums and a sure sign that the person speaking has done zero research and legitimately has no idea what they're talking about. Nobody is asking for the server to be some kind of absurd 5x. What people are asking is that the server is a proper 1x server - which is a fair request, as to play on anything less than 1x, which would be the definition of an advertised and supposed-to-be experience, would simply be ridiculous.

If you don't like this Classic experience then feel free to quit.

This is one of those "be careful what you wish for" scenarios. A lot of people already have quit and many more will follow as more and more people hit the currently-infamous "Level 41 Wall" unless the issue of adena is addressed in a proper manner once and for all. When you have nobody left to play with, will you still be recommending that people who don't like it quit? Even Skelth, an otherwise superior server, is practically begging for a player base.

The best-case scenario is that the NA server never ends up being in this same situation, but going down the current road, it certainly will.

People aren't earning enough adena because of the XP boosts - they're leveling too quickly.

This would be another good argument, except that it's been pointed out ad nauseum that mobs in the 40s are giving similar adena to mobs in the mid-20s. Disregarding that, let's say that's always been the case. If we remove the XP boosts, then we must also remove the Adena boosts as well. You cannot have a stand-alone Adena boost on this server, the XP boost comes with it in a package. This means that, if the argument of players leveling too quickly is a valid one, then there's a fundamental flaw in the server design and its cash shop that must be addressed regardless. You cannot gain more Adena and less EXP at the same time unless you go out of your way to de-level, which does not make for a fun experience in any stretch of the imagination. Nobody dies to mobs several times on purpose with a smile. You should never have to do this on any video game as it harms the main drawing point of what MMORPGs mostly are - the race for progression.

If you opt out of the EXP boosts, you likely also opt out of the Adena boosts as well and then, in the long run, nothing changes and the problem ultimately still stands.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, FatChocobo said:

I could definitely make a level 25 char today and earn money faster than I am on this character.

Then do it.

Except for the top clans controlling the top resources, the original L2 has always been about farming levels and farming wealth separately.

12 minutes ago, Krissa said:

Then do it.

Except for the top clans controlling the top resources, the original L2 has always been about farming levels and farming wealth separately.

You're totally right, I clearly remember in all of the previous iterations of this game when level 40++ people had to make level 20 characters to farm a quest in a starter village in order to be able to fund their farming, because there were NO PLACES to make any adena beyond that level.

Oh wait, THAT NEVER HAPPENED. Stop whiteknighting, something is seriously bleeped with high level mobs (especially those with 2x/3x/etc hp).

2 minutes ago, FatChocobo said:

You're totally right, I clearly remember in all of the previous iterations of this game when level 40++ people had to make level 20 characters to farm a quest in a starter village in order to be able to fund their farming, because there were NO PLACES to make any adena beyond that level.

Oh wait, THAT NEVER HAPPENED. Stop whiteknighting, something is seriously bleeped with high level mobs (especially those with 2x/3x/etc hp).

So, do you remember that in the original L2 people were level 40++ two weeks after a server was started?

7 minutes ago, Krissa said:

So, do you remember that in the original L2 people were level 40++ two weeks after a server was started?

That's not a related argument. The amount of adena mobs are dropping in level 40+ zones is not related to how fast people reached level 40.

Just now, FatChocobo said:

That's not a related argument. The amount of adena mobs are dropping in level 40+ zones is not related to how fast people reached level 40.

That's not true. It's directly related. The game is (and has always been) progressing in such a way to be "hardcore" for current high level players.

21 minutes ago, Krissa said:

That's not true. It's directly related. The game is (and has always been) progressing in such a way to be "hardcore" for current high level players.

Even in bleeping prelude there weren't these kinds of issues, stop talking shit. This isn't an early access game that just got greenlit on steam, it's not even the first iteration of classic that they've released.

I understand that for you it may be hard to imagine, but just try for a second. Is it not at all possible, even a 1% chance (on EU, 0.1% here), that they made a mistake?

The best part about this is that this is seriously the ONLY server I've ever been on that I dont know what the rates are for xp/adena/spoil etc its just people speculating what the rates are depending on their experience.

Also when they buffed spoil/adena all we read was "u will notice a significant increase from 50-200%"  Not even saying something like
"Spoil was 0.20 now its 0.70" or
"adena was 0.60 now its 1x"
Just...we buffed it.Have u ever played a server where u've no idea what the rates are ?

34 minutes ago, FatChocobo said:

Even in bleeping prelude there weren't these kinds of issues, stop talking shit. This isn't an early access game that just got greenlit on steam, it's not even the first iteration of classic that they've released.

I understand that for you it may be hard to imagine, but just try for a second. Is it not at all possible, even a 1% chance (on EU, 0.1% here), that they made a mistake?

Stop talking shit yourself. The game was always (except for High Five, where everyone who wanted was 85/80/80/80) hard to be on top and easy to catch up.

There is a 0.01% chance that they have made a mistake. There is a 99.99% chance that it's a business decision made by their Korean bosses.

4 hours ago, Crysillion said:

You're right in that NCSoft needs to pay the bills somehow, but this argument falls flat when it's pointed out that @Juji has officially stated on the forums that the reason behind the adena being lower in comparison to Lineage II EU Classic ("Skelth") is because on Skelth, you must pay to play at all as it's a subscription based model. This would make sense if by having the highest VIP level you would earn the same amount of adena you did on Skelth. After-all, that'd be the equivalent of playing on a subscription model on the NA server.

First of all - thank you for the rational and in-depth post.

It is both well-written and factologically correct.

And you have indeed hit the nail on the head here - VIP doesn't affect Adena drop.

This is a bit of a tin-foil hat theory type of thing but hear me out - I'm fairly certain VIP was intended to affect both drop rate and adena rate - thusly getting paying players pretty close to the x1 rates we were promised. Only nobody play tested the damned thing and nobody noticed that "slight" miss on their end.

Fast forward two days after release - people are complaining game is unplayable with the current adena rates (which at 0.15 it indeed was, at no time was adena drop this low, not even back in 2005) - what can NC Soft say? If they admit adena drop is supposed to be affected by VIP and that's why people are suffering - that would be admitting game is utterly broken and unplayable without VIP and people would eat them alive.

So they kept it on the down-low (I'm sure that's what all those "discussions" were about), they boost the drop to the same as VIP3 level and left it as is. I'm sure soon enough VIP accounts will get an additional adena drop perk OR a premium shop item +300% to adena drop or something along those lines.

----

On a totally separate topic I still can't find any information if this game was tested before release - aka if they got 9 people to go farm at the original rates (0.15x) I wonder if they actually did that - what would their feedback have been? I'm sure the rates were never play tested but they wouldn't admit this either.

21 minutes ago, WhiteMansXD said:

my party farm 2kk / day just AOE good spots...

The drop rate are high now, in 8hrs AOE we drop 4 5 full itens 

i will see how lvl50+ spots are about the adena drop bcse we did when there yet :D

Your party farms 2m per day, so each person farms 222k per day after 8 hours?

Just so you know, that's not as good as you're trying to make it sound. At that rate, it'd take each person a week to farm the top d grade weapon from the store (if you farm for 8 hours per day), and I'm assuming you're all 40+.

2 minutes ago, FatChocobo said:

Your party farms 2m per day, so each person farms 222k per day after 8 hours?

Just so you know, that's not as good as you're trying to make it sound. At that rate, it'd take each person a week to farm the top d grade weapon from the store (if you farm for 8 hours per day), and I'm assuming you're all 40+.

without couting the full drops .. i think 8 hours farming 2kk is good :D 

If we sell D and C cry from drops we could make more and more..

5 minutes ago, WhiteMansXD said:

It's less than 30k per hour (assuming 9 active members)... you can get more from spamming level 20 quest. The only good thing for you is that SS cost is low in AoE groups.

4 minutes ago, WhiteMansXD said:

Split between an entire party 2kk is not good at all for one day. 

6 minutes ago, Sinkest said:

Split between an entire party 2kk is not good at all for one day. 

if you play solo you use more SS, pots and make less adena etc etc 

If you farm AOE with ative spoil you gonna make izi adena..

Just look at the top CPs in TI, all 50+, full karmian

idk how the adena rates are lvl 50+ but looking at those top CPs i dont think its bad now

lets see 

:) 

9 hours ago, MiniPink said:

Juji has stated many times that rates are as intenteed becouse the model is F2P. Dont compare other regions that their model is P2P. Also dont ask for montly sub. They were very clear in GOD launch that the game will remain F2P till the end

Oh rly? But we have a VIP system, so by this logic people who pay should have same drop and adena rate as they have on a server with subscribtion - but we dont. So this argument is completely invalid. Also, I am sking for chaging the system to subscribtion, because it would be much better compared to what we have now and believe me, many people would gladly pay monthly to have a normal playable server with appropriate rates, not this abomination which we have now.

28 minutes ago, FatChocobo said:

At that rate, it'd take each person a week to farm the top d grade weapon from the store (if you farm for 8 hours per day), and I'm assuming you're all 40+.

Getting a top D-grade in a week is good! Not an absurd. This is low rates, you have to "earn" your gear. You talk more than you play that's for sure. You're that kind of player that plays on x10000000 and go to Agony killing mobs for 100k adena. 

20 minutes ago, Nothof said:

Getting a top D-grade in a week is good! Not an absurd. This is low rates, you have to "earn" your gear. You talk more than you play that's for sure. You're that kind of player that plays on x10000000 and go to Agony killing mobs for 100k adena. 

It's not good for people who are level 40+++, and playing hardcore farming 8+ hours per day. Also, that's not even top D grade, just top from the shop. Actual top D is worth double that, like 3-4m I guess.

AoE CPs are extremely efficient in terms of resources used per kill. Players who aren't that hardcore shouldn't expect to be able to even come close to earning as much as they are, but I could make a couple level 20s now and go farm the spider quest and earn the same, if not more.

16 hours ago, Kamus said:

So we will have a real 1x drop rate of adena or you will keep this sux rate to people purchase more and more to get NCOINS and save adena in game to buy a little stuff.

CAN WE HAVE A ANSWER??

ill answer to you what many players are answering me 

PAY MONEY AND SHUT UP!

of course is wrong, for example more than 20 players, " MY L2 GUILD " left the game yesterday, some of them, because even paying vip had to wait a lot of time to log in

big scam right?

most populated server is GIRAN

just 3 things can happen

1) ncsoft set up the server to 20.000 players capacity ( that can broke their idea of win money through put the people in queue, because is what they want, win money with a scam like that )

2) pay vip and enjoy queue

3) wait for people to transfer to gludio or aden ( of course, this how is the beggining of the game, should be enabled for FREE for ncsoft, but not, they want your money )

is a big deception because i " WAS " a fan of lineage 2, now im not anymore a fan, after this, they crushed all my good memories about lineage 2 community

im sure the new gamemasters arent the gamemasters of lineage 2 c1 year 2004, thats the reason of why ncsoft put in the first place the MONEY than the humanity and charity and " FUN "

there is not more fun in this game today, isnt anymore just a " game " now they take it as a bussiness, then they dont care if the boy in other side of the screen has 8 years old or if is someone with paralisis of body or things as that

they

just

want

empty

your

bank account

sad reality.

Archived