Forums

warrior guide on classic?

Sediyon

10 minutes ago, lelu said:

Save your $$ on your box, it's marginal the difference in heals, and there's no difference in casting rate as long as you're using a mage weapon.  Use a fighter weapon and you'll be waiting for casting.  Just like on live, gear your main, then worry about your healer/box.    You <could> stay in devotion set for the casting speed if you want, Moon is better defense and mana, but 10% slower cast.  Why you used to see a lot of B graders running around in Karmian and a Homu/acumen till way up into A grade.  Better main gear=more dps/less shot use if you spam/less damage taken.  Get better jewels for debuffs/root/sleep/etc.

As for groups, you want AOE pole groups.  Most mage (nuker) groups will just take on a tank to aggro and train mobs and then AOE them into oblivion.  Pole groups need to be a LOT tighter and find corners to cone all the mobs into (can do more once you get a pole with wide blow or long blow SA on it).  You could just get a cheap blunt for stuns to save on money.

Top NG is Great Spear.  Top D is Glaive, but winged is a lot cheaper, and top D is craft only at this point.

Catacombs aren't open in this Chronicle.  They were 4x hp mobs in there.

Oracles/Elders are the only healing classes with Mana regen spells.  PP are great all around buffers, great for melee since they get Berzerk and Haste, but no Vamp Rage, stuck with your crap cleric, etc.

cant afford d grade stuff yet so ill get great spear for now as its semi cheap anyway.  ill be getting a vr box buffer soon but regardless vr scrolls are 400adena if needed.  i used to solo (with vr box) in catas hehe but never really aoe'd in groups thats why i asked, what type of group (as in what are the groups called for melee aoe?) am i looking for in this version?  i see mages are mostly asked for orc barracks but and ac but havent seen any place specific for warriors :/  is it the same where aoe can be done both by mage grps and pole grps in the same places? i figured each class would have its own area with fitting mobs

12 hours ago, Sediyon said:

me again lol so im lvl 22 and got 22 cleric.  got about 350k from spider quest.  whats the top ng pole i should go for? is it great spear cuz it goes for 220k on aden server.   im not sure what to spend my money on xD should i get that and also get top ng staff for my box cleric or is that a waste and i should get a pole and a blunt for the stun/pvp?

also what aoe groups am i looking for as a warrior if i wanna go exp? i dont remember any of the abbreviations lol and most grps seem for mages ._.

So warriors are rarely taken to AoE groups, I found that using a pole and doing my own pulls with my box (to be prophet) was the best exp for me. Fighter groups as you level are also quite nice in places such as FT & Ant's Nest..

As for your weapons, upgrading your fighter is the best as the difference in heals doesn't makeup the loss of DPS. Going  for a good NG is a good option as long as the price doesn't depreciate too much, which I doubt it doing.

If you plan on boxing to level and not join groups go for a Polearm and grind places like AC,OB.Partisans, if you plan on joining fighter groups get a blunt/2h blunt for maximum dps whilst having good utility (stun etc.) 

3 hours ago, ItsFergLad said:

12 hours ago, Sediyon said:

cant afford d grade stuff yet so ill get great spear for now as its semi cheap anyway.  ill be getting a vr box buffer soon but regardless vr scrolls are 400adena if needed.  i used to solo (with vr box) in catas hehe but never really aoe'd in groups thats why i asked, what type of group (as in what are the groups called for melee aoe?) am i looking for in this version?  i see mages are mostly asked for orc barracks but and ac but havent seen any place specific for warriors :/  is it the same where aoe can be done both by mage grps and pole grps in the same places? i figured each class would have its own area with fitting mobs

AOE mage groups can just train mobs in a circle to get them tight and blast them in the middle of an open area, whereas poles have to corner mobs and have all of them in front of them.  Melee groups usually stick to rooms in dungeons, due to all the corners to lure them into.  Mages mainly stick to open areas so they can maneuver if they accidentally pull one (glass cannons vs. heavy classes).  So in conclusion, mages usually stick to outside, and melee usually stick to inside.  Mage groups use a tank class to aggro all the mobs and basically race track them into a mass.  Pole groups usually have one person pulling (or two) and the others stay in the corner and wait for them to get trained into.  So OB/AC/etc are usually congested with nuker groups because they're wide open and don't need corners to hit all mobs in a group.  Hope this helps.

Archived