Sign in to follow this  
Artherz

1500 Attack Speed? Need a clarification

Artherz    0

Hi everyone. I have a question regards to the attack speed. As we can see from our character status, it seems that the maximum attack speed is capped at 1500. However, I have heard 2 different stories about it:

1) The capped 1500 attack speed is just a number. In fact, the attack speed can go beyond that as for example, if you have an attack speed of 1450. Then, you use a skill or an item that increase 10% attack speed. That means your normal attack speed is at 1450 + 145 = 1595 in total.

2) The attack speed does really max at 1500. Except when BR is activated, then the attack speed could go beyond 1500 while the number stays.

For example, the same scenario with 1450 attack speed, you use BR (200% attack speed boost), your attack speed becomes 1450*2 = 2900 for 30 seconds. Back to a normal scenario without BR, your attack speed won't go higher than 1500.

Has anyone actually tried this? Appreciate all your inputs. Thank you.

Znipo    42

You can never go beyond 1500 attack speed, no matter if you have BR.

Edited by Znipo

Chrysty    23

Same thing for Casting speed caped at 1999.
P.critical caped at 500 => 1/2.
M.critical (number caped at 500) => caped at 1/3 max dunno if you got this cap at 300 or 500.
Speed caped at 300.

HP max = 150k, if you have a dragon weapon you can continue going up. But only with dragon weapon.

Artherz    0
42 minutes ago, Znipo said:

You can never go beyond 1500 attack speed, no matter if you have BR.

Would you mind to explain why when having BR on, we hit much faster even though the attack speed hits its cap at 1500 since before BR?

Znipo    42
3 hours ago, Artherz said:

Would you mind to explain why when having BR on, we hit much faster even though the attack speed hits its cap at 1500 since before BR?

Simple explanation would be you dont hit faster

• Haha 1

Asachiara    17

Attack speed for auto attack is capped at 1500. you hit normal attacks same with 1500 attack speed with or without br.

Physical skill "casting" time is affected by attack speed and it is capped to 1999 (if you are over 1500 u will not see that on your character stat tab unfortunately). So getting behind 1500 will not help Titans to hit faster with slasher but spam skill faster. For Yul or Othels it is a must to get as much as it gets over 1500.

So I think your convinced that you hit fast is that if you pop skills they are casted faster with BR then without but normal attacks are same.

Edited by Asachiara
  • Like 1

Ferine    14

I tested this on melee swings recently with/without daring and as many proc buffs as possible removed to cut down variance.

With 1500 attack speed, no daring it took an average of 10 seconds per mob to kill 20 of the same mob.

With over 1500 attack speed (daring added to above base test), it took an average of 10 seconds per mob to kill 20 of the same mob.

With ~1400 attack speed (no rudolph), it took an average of 13 seconds per mob to kill 20 of the same mob.

So I'm confident that 1500 is the cap for attack speed on regular melee hits, unless there's a specific trigger number that changes this.

Znipo    42
5 hours ago, Asachiara said:

Attack speed for auto attack is capped at 1500. you hit normal attacks same with 1500 attack speed with or without br.

Physical skill "casting" time is affected by attack speed and it is capped to 1999 (if you are over 1500 u will not see that on your character stat tab unfortunately). So getting behind 1500 will not help Titans to hit faster with slasher but spam skill faster. For Yul or Othels it is a must to get as much as it gets over 1500.

So I think your convinced that you hit fast is that if you pop skills they are casted faster with BR then without but normal attacks are same.

This guy knows his stuff

Auburn    55

Actually I have noticed this phenomenon as well, I have a better way to test this than seconds per mob, frame analysis. Swings per frame or frames per swing whichever works out cleaner will give the same results. I'm capped at 1500 attack speed and I've noticed at least the animation for normal swings on a titan seems to speed up when under BR, I might just be seeing things but there is one way to find out. Stay tuned to further testing.

P.S. I have heard from archers and daggers that 1500 is not capped, I don't know if that is for skill animation or normal swings hits, but seeing as they don't use normal hits very often I assume skills. 

P.S.S. Here is your proof for melee attacks.

So I'm confident that 1500 is the cap for attack speed on regular melee hits, unless there's a specific trigger number that changes this.

This is the next part I plan to test actually, using rabbit + some other stuff to boost attack speed to what should be closer to 3500-4000. I'm not sure it will make a difference though. 

Edited by Auburn
  • Thanks 1

Ferine    14
18 hours ago, Auburn said:

Actually I have noticed this phenomenon as well, I have a better way to test this than seconds per mob, frame analysis. Swings per frame or frames per swing whichever works out cleaner will give the same results. I'm capped at 1500 attack speed and I've noticed at least the animation for normal swings on a titan seems to speed up when under BR, I might just be seeing things but there is one way to find out. Stay tuned to further testing.

P.S. I have heard from archers and daggers that 1500 is not capped, I don't know if that is for skill animation or normal swings hits, but seeing as they don't use normal hits very often I assume skills. 

This is the next part I plan to test actually, using rabbit + some other stuff to boost attack speed to what should be closer to 3500-4000. I'm not sure it will make a difference though. 

The idea behind the time to kill a mob was to remove any bias for possible animation times etc and test for pure damage (which is what we're all after after all isn't it? :P). Does my character actually get mroe hits in, or does it just look like they do?

4Eva    8
20 hours ago, Auburn said:

Quality post, bravo.

Auburn    55
5 hours ago, Ferine said:

The idea behind the time to kill a mob was to remove any bias for possible animation times etc and test for pure damage (which is what we're all after after all isn't it? :P). Does my character actually get mroe hits in, or does it just look like they do?

Yes but testing time per mob brings in to many variables, critical hits, critical damage, passive procs, CC, buffs. Even if all of them are the same every time there will still be damage variables somewhere. That's why I decided to do it like this, elimination the actual damage count and just went for swings in a set amount of time. That way it was more accurate.

Asachiara    17

the 3% diff is caused your trigger skills and soulshots are applied faster with BR. If you setup archer with 120 DEX and add atk speed increase  items/SAs to get on 1999 without BR. Then you will not see any difference between BR and no BR attacks.

You have to make this test with a char without any trigger/chance skills and turn your shots off.

P.S. Why not soulshot? It is cause soulshot is an item with time to be applied. In system message you get written soulshout has been applied. It is like applying the arrow on archers if you remember it. Even it takes almost noting atk speed affect it and it is faster with BR tha without.So turn the soulshot off while testing attack speed. Trigger/chance skills are also toxic for such a test. Cause in one test more trigger/chance skills can popup then in other test.

Edited by Asachiara

Auburn    55
9 hours ago, Asachiara said:

the 3% diff is caused your trigger skills and soulshots are applied faster with BR. If you setup archer with 120 DEX and add atk speed increase  items/SAs to get on 1999 without BR. Then you will not see any difference between BR and no BR attacks.

You have to make this test with a char without any trigger/chance skills and turn your shots off.

P.S. Why not soulshot? It is cause soulshot is an item with time to be applied. In system message you get written soulshout has been applied. It is like applying the arrow on archers if you remember it. Even it takes almost noting atk speed affect it and it is faster with BR tha without.So turn the soulshot off while testing attack speed. Trigger/chance skills are also toxic for such a test. Cause in one test more trigger/chance skills can popup then in other test.

I'm a little confused here, are you suggesting that soul shots affect attack speed? I know they affect damage but have nothing to do with speed. Also the Trigger skills like mine such as Lightning Force also only affects Pattack, the speed in there is physical run rate not attack speed, so that portion adds or subtracts nothing to the test.

Damage was not my goal, simply attack speed test, maybe soul shots are Applied faster with br but that does not effect the overall number of swings that are generated in 30 seconds. Even if my soul shots are not applied I still do damage, which I count as a swing, also Accuracy goes into that, but I counted even my misses as swings because I wasn't going for how many HITS in 30 seconds, I went for Attacks, successful or not.

Do a test with and without br, both with and without shots and you will see that the results are the same.

P.S. The less than 3% difference is what I consider within reason for human error, now had that number been closer to 10% then further testing would be needed, but 3% is almost nothing.

Edited by Auburn

Asachiara    17

No. I wanted to say that trigger and chance skills are skills with "casting" time. Also applying a soulshot on a weapon is kind of skill (in a strange way). Even if trigger skills seems to be applied "instantly" they still have 0.2s to cast. Enable all system messages output and u will see that also soulshots are being applied one by one. And this little time.is getting even shorter on BR or attackspeed capped at 1999 what makes ur 3 hits difference.

Check the following.  use skills you usually do to max dmg like frenzy and 101 skill without br at 1500 atk speed and with BR and oyu will see you will spam 4 skills in no time on BR compared to 2-3s just with 1500 attack speed. (no hits just self skills as you are preparing for TOP dmg output)

Edited by Asachiara